Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,645,078 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by irspow View Post
Dictators almost always have high "approval ratings"
That's very true. FDR wasn't a dictator, though. He was duly elected by the citizens.

Try again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-04-2017, 02:37 PM

11,181 posts, read 10,530,167 times
If the ACA is repealed and not replaced, I'll be happy to write out a yearly check that is equal to the number of dollars that my tax is reduced because of the repeal.

Since I don't know what that figure will be, I can't give you a number.

edit to add: I found one table that says if the GOP ACHA were passed, my tax reduction somewhere between $830 and $2840 a year so I'll say right now that I'd donate between $830 and $2840 a year toward buying health insurance for someone who can't afford it, assuming my taxes were indeed reduced by that amount.

Last edited by biscuitmom; 07-04-2017 at 03:26 PM..

Old 07-04-2017, 02:45 PM

4,783 posts, read 3,741,394 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fox Terrier View Post
That's very true. FDR wasn't a dictator, though. He was duly elected by the citizens.

Try again!
Meh, stacked the court so that he could implement his unconstitutional progammes of his idol Uncle Joe, ran more than twice as no other President was so arrogant to do so, confiscated the gold of the citizens and sold it off at a loss, placed Americans in concentrations camps...and there are many dictators who are elected too

Last edited by irspow; 07-04-2017 at 02:59 PM..

Old 07-04-2017, 02:46 PM

19,836 posts, read 12,096,528 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LIFL View Post
My insurance pre-obama care was around 500-600 a month-That simply is not realistic. The problem is that health care is even an industry in America, as opposed to pretty much EVERY OTHER INDUSTRIALIZED COUNTRY.
Many would love for their insurance to be only $500-600 a month.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:48 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by freemkt View Post
Apparently he is correct, so far. Congress CERTAINLY has demonstrated its inability to repeal and replace Obamacare like he.
And Trump has CERTAINLY demonstrated his inability to live up to his self-aggrandizing BS.

Old 07-04-2017, 02:58 PM

5,129 posts, read 2,596,292 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by theunbrainwashed View Post
How many logical fallacies does the OP contain in their low information, emotionally driven rant?

great way to avoid the question the OP asked.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:10 PM

8,943 posts, read 11,780,861 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by neko_mimi View Post
And I don't mean by some vague indirect way like "I'll be paying through higher medical costs". I want to know how many of those uninsured that your are going to add to your insurance plan and pay the bill for every month.

You guys keep trashing republicans because they "don't care about the poor". So since you guys support funding the poor, I want to know how many people you are going to support out of pocket.

I'm looking for either a number of people (0, 1, 2, etc.), or a dollar amount.
This a legitimate question, but you should know better than to ask. Spending someone else's money is the liberal way. Never their own money. I am glad Americans are finally waking up and see the democrats for what they are.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:18 PM

68,329 posts, read 54,373,658 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidt1 View Post
This a legitimate question, but you should know better than to ask. Spending someone else's money is the liberal way. Never their own money. I am glad Americans are finally waking up and see the democrats for what they are.
So, the cons are spending their own money every year with their platform of MORE! MORE! MORE! military spending on an already bloated budget?

Old 07-04-2017, 03:19 PM

5,047 posts, read 6,346,699 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
When liberals passed that living abortion known as ACA they turned to republicans to fix their problems.

The only fix is repeal and make people responsible for their own healthcare.
If I had only one wish, as in from a genie, I would seriously consider using it to make you suffer a financial disaster leaving you penniless, followed by a painful, debilitating, but nonfatal illness.

Healthcare is a major leveler. Virtually EVERYONE will need it, but not everyone will be able afford it under your beliefs-even with diligent, hard, and honest labor.

Old 07-04-2017, 03:22 PM

18,801 posts, read 8,467,936 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by biscuitmom View Post
If the ACA is repealed and not replaced, I'll be happy to write out a yearly check that is equal to the number of dollars that my tax is reduced because of the repeal.

Since I don't know what that figure will be, I can't give you a number.
For most people the tax change would be small potatoes. The big deal would be the change in dollars spent on personal/family HC in excess of their actual need.

Full List of Obamacare Tax Hikes | Congressman Jeff Duncan
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies