Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-12-2017, 02:31 PM

15,087 posts, read 13,500,955 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer0101 View Post
If only we had an independent media, instead of an agitprop organization which is wholly owned by the radical left and the Democrat Party. And that's really what you want, not an independent media but a Party organ. Bet you loved Pravda.
Hey, did NY Times get evidence that forced Donny Jr and Sr to stop lying at least a bit more about their meetings with Russian government-connected folks or not?

They did; ergo, they did their job.

Why do you let your loyalty for Trump and conservative thought outweigh your support of facts being transparently shared with the public?

The meeting happened. Now we know it, and we know a number of important things about the context of it. That's useful information.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:46 PM

2,914 posts, read 2,707,512 times
I tuned into CNN briefly and they were saying "We were right all along" because of this Trump Junior nothing burger. The media is leftist propaganda. If you want the truth you have to tune into AM talk radio.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big-Bucks View Post
I tuned into CNN briefly and they were saying "We were right all along" because of this Trump Junior nothing burger. The media is leftist propaganda. If you want the truth you have to tune into AM talk radio.
But again, would AM talk radio have unearthed the information about Trump Jr's meeting with the Russians? Doubtful...

And absent the prodding, would Trump Jr have come clean about the meeting? Doubtful...he's had a long time to put it out there if it was a "nothing burger", and I doubt he is so stupid as to have forgotten it given the attention this matter has received.

So without the mainstream media, we wouldn't even know the basic truths of the matter. You can disagree with their spin, but you can't deny the facts now.

That's a valuable service that I don't see AM radio, Breitbart, or Infowars providing. Sorry that the facts are inconvenient for your champion, but this IS the media doing its job.

Old 07-12-2017, 02:58 PM

46,464 posts, read 27,328,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Your talking point is a few days out of date, the current story and topic of the thread revolves around at least one very not anonymous source, from their own mouth so to speak.
We are talking in general....just like the title of this thread...

Old 07-12-2017, 03:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
When Trump comes out and says "it's nothing," you turn off your brain and believe him.
No, you are wrong, just like more than half the lefties, that's what you think.....we like to hear the entire story....hell, most lefties have no clue what collusion is (do you) and do you really think what is currently going on with jr, meet the definiation of collusion?

Quote:
I am not so quick to do so. I think it is ultimately up to us - the voting people - to determine if we believe him or not. And I WANT to know these kinds of things, not have them swept under the rug.
It's not whether you want to believe him or not, it when the truth comes out...they are not swept under the rug, it keeps getting beat like a dead horse. CNN even sated the collusion may not be true, you do remember those 3 or 4 that stepped down, yes?

Quote:
And if the media hadn't done their jobs and uncovered this, Trump and his kid would still be lying about this event right now.
He should have disclosed it....no doubt...but to run and call it collusion and treasonous, that's just plain stupid....

Quote:
Also, have you taken a look at how many times Trump has cited "anonymous sources?"
No, tell us....

Old 07-12-2017, 03:09 PM

27,861 posts, read 28,989,451 times
Quote:
When Trump comes out and says "it's nothing," you turn off your brain and believe him.
It is no smoking gun. However, it is annoying that Don Jr. did not come forward with the information about the meeting a long time ago given all the Russia hysteria.

He probably deserves a slap on the wrist for that.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:14 PM

30,566 posts, read 23,987,526 times
You all do know that this information has been available since January? But the left wasn't told what to think by their media handlers so now they're all acting indignant and "I told you so" over something that doesn't even matter. You all chasing a non story that you should have known for months.

And the left expects anyone to believe that they do their own "fact checking". Morons. "Fact checking" is not Don Lemon belching out your thoughts to you on tv every night.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
He should have disclosed it....no doubt...but to run and call it collusion and treasonous, that's just plain stupid....
I don't know if it was collusion or not; let's let Mueller and his team of experts investigate and return that verdict.

What I do know is that Donny Jr DIDN'T disclose it (surprise, surprise!), just like the Trump admin hasn't disclosed anything until they are later caught (by the media) in their lies about it.

So if you conservatives are so interested in knowing the truth, then why is it that you seem to get up in arms every time some more facts about the situation come out?

Here's another radical thought for you: if the admin doesn't have anything to hide, then why haven't they long ago gotten their **** together, produced all the info they had about all these events, and just made this go away? Instead, Trump tried to lie and obstruct about everything and then gets dragged back when the media again catches him. Gowdy is right that the Trump admin's incompetent drip-drip-drip of this stuff is ruining their credibility. For innocent people, they sure are acting and awful lot like people with something to hide.

Quote:
No, tell us....
What sources did he give to support even his silly claims like "that was the most people ever at any inauguration in the history of the county?"

When anonymous sources were used by WikiLeaks against Hillary, did Trump and people like you step in and say "Whoa - hold it, guys, let's first consider the sources before running with this football?"

What official sources did Trump use when spreading those claims about Obama's birth certificate and college attendance?

What about when FOX uses anonymous sources to push back on claims that Kushner tried to set up back-channel communications with the Russians, and Trump tweets it without a second thought?

Hell, what sources had he ever cited for his wild Twitter claims? "People are saying.." etc.

You have NO credibility on your point about "anonymous sources.". Breitbart, Infowars, this forum etc. are filled with conservative **** claims that have no credible sources and cons are happy to use all that stuff when it is to their benefit.

Old 07-12-2017, 03:52 PM

Quote:
I don't know if it was collusion or not; let's let Mueller and his team of experts investigate and return that verdict.
Yes, please....so you think it's o.k. to push the notion that collusion is happening? Free media, right, that what you want....

Quote:
What I do know is that Donny Jr DIDN'T disclose it (surprise, surprise!), just like the Trump admin hasn't disclosed anything until they are later caught (by the media) in their lies about it.
He should have disclosed it, they, the media have known about it since January....why now?

Quote:
So if you conservatives are so interested in knowing the truth, then why is it that you seem to get up in arms every time some more facts about the situation come out?
Because the left goes...AHHHHHHHHHHH haaaaaaaaaa....we got'em now.....then there goes that puff of smoke and then anoter...Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh haaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, now we really got'em....

Quote:
Here's another radical thought for you: if the admin doesn't have anything to hide, then why haven't they long ago gotten their **** together, produced all the info they had about all these events, and just made this go away?
I'm not sticking up for him, but do you really remember everysingle meeting you've done, every place.....now put yourself into ANY CEO or a person with that stature, then double your meetings...

Quote:
Instead, Trump tried to lie and obstruct about everything and then gets dragged back when the media again catches him. Gowdy is right that the Trump admin's incompetent drip-drip-drip of this stuff is ruining their credibility. For innocent people, they sure are acting and awful lot like people with something to hide.

I agree with dowdy....but didn't he say the same about clinton and her emails, or almost the same....maybe jr, whipped his desk top calendar with a towel....

Quote:
What sources did he give to support even his silly claims like "that was the most people ever at any inauguration in the history of the county?"
Still waiting on my $2500....

Quote:
When anonymous sources were used by WikiLeaks against Hillary, did Trump and people like you step in and say "Whoa - hold it, guys, let's first consider the sources before running with this football?"
Yes, lets wait for the facts.....

Quote:
What official sources did Trump use when spreading those claims about Obama's birth certificate and college attendance?
The same sources that said trump never paid his taxes....

Quote:
What about when FOX uses anonymous sources to push back on claims that Kushner tried to set up back-channel communications with the Russians, and Trump tweets it without a second thought?
Don't like your own game I see....suck it up.

Quote:
Hell, what sources had he ever cited for his wild Twitter claims? "People are saying.." etc.
So, it's o.k. for the left to run with anonymous sources but the right cannot....

No double standard there....

Quote:
You have NO credibility on your point about "anonymous sources.". Breitbart, Infowars, this forum etc. are filled with conservative **** claims that have no credible sources and cons are happy to use all that stuff when it is to their benefit.
I have no credibility, have you seen the sticky at the top of this page, over 600 pages, without a single thing expect, yea, I did it...and people want collusion, treason.....blah blah blah...

Now, You failed to answer my question? WHy, is it because if you do, you'll see just how wrong you really are?

Here, just in case you missed it:

"most lefties have no clue what collusion is (do you) and do you really think what is currently going on with jr, meet the definition of collusion?"

Be honest, use what ever google you need to find the definition....then get back with us....unless you're to embarrassed because you'll learn what collusion means....

Old 07-12-2017, 05:09 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,666,218 times
Quote:
Up until recently, Trump and his folks had convenient amnesia about this meeting with the Russian lawyer to get dirt on Hillary. In fact, we heard a lot of denials from them.

Now, once the New York Times got hold of the emails supporting that June 2016 meeting, suddenly Trump Jr. is so "transparent" about it and remembers after all.

Whether it is ultimately a "nothing burger" or not, this is the kind of stuff that the American people should know about - same as with Hillary's email server.

And THAT is the role of the media: to keep our authority figures accountable by holding to them the light of transparency. Whether you agree with the individual spin of some of them (that's why there are many of them and you get to still use your own judgement), we need a class of organizations that put this out to the public and let them ultimately decide what's acceptable of their elected officials. If our leaders withstand that light of scrutiny and it turns out not to be a bif deal, then we all win.

If we just rely on Donald Trump's word - or those loyal media outlets who won't criticize him - how far do you think that accountability will go?

The first thing dictators do is demolish a free press capable of circulating evidence and criticism. We are not such a nation and we, as leaders of the free world, value our independent press, imperfect as it may be.
Having an unfettered media is the key to a free nation. And Trumpers agreed with that right up until daddy trump told them to hate freedom.

Daddy Trump hates a free press, he hates free speech and even suggested tightening up the law regards slander (i am sure his lawyers wet themselves laughing)

Trumpies do and believe whatever daddy trumpy tells them to. If Lord Trump told them to hate the nursing care they would hate it in days. I am not even sure where they draw the line? Would trumpies throw their mom into the street if trump tells them too? would they sell their kids to strangers if trump tells them to?

who knows? They love putin's dictatorship and censorship since trump told them to, so why not anything else?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies