Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2017, 09:35 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,115,411 times

Advertisements

Dear Parents-to-Be: Stop Celebrating Your Baby's Gender
Cutting into a pink or blue cake seems innocent enough—but honestly, it's not.

What's Wrong with Gender-Reveal Parties - Celebrating a Baby's Biological Sex Reinforces Negative Notions of Male and Female
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2017, 10:14 PM

1,348 posts, read 794,109 times
Didn't read the article. Don't need to. Gender is friggin biology.
All of the gender OBSSESSION is just one more reason the Democrat party is going down the tubes.

They have no platform, they have few values that stand the test of time, they've become a party of "everything fringe".
How long do you think all that will last? It's just vapor.

I say to the Democratic Party -- grow up, plant your feet on this earth, find some principals and values that make sense to most people, stop your industrial scale lying and manipulations, stop treating people like victims (victimhood - hey, great platform -- NOT!) and.....well, nevermind the rest because they will do none of the above mentioned.

Toast. Burnt toast.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:16 PM

18,069 posts, read 18,854,917 times
There is either a male or female, with extremely rare occurrences of other. It is not assigned by society, it is not someone's thoughts nor feelings, it is genetics.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:41 PM

15,546 posts, read 10,535,536 times
Wait a second, so I'm supposed to return the case of blue bubblegum cigars I got for my bother-in-law?

Old 07-16-2017, 10:54 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,115,411 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 60sagain View Post
You are right, it is biology. It determines boy, girl. Unknown gender, indistinguishable gender......not to mention the brain chemistry, hormones, at birth, that also decide sexuality as well as gender. All biology. We all start as female. It isn't a liberal "thing", nor does it have anything to do with principals, values or having our feet floating. It is simple biology.

yet liberals are claiming there is no such thing as gender these days

Old 07-16-2017, 11:10 PM

6,404 posts, read 6,297,067 times
I agree. Stop celebrating this BS. Either way is a "celebration" so WTF? It's like celebrating "taking Spanish this year instead of French."

Stop showing me picts of them. Stop complaining about how much they cost to raise and cost in time- especially why you need more time off from work. Stop bragging about them and pretending that does not qualify as bragging.

Seriously. Stop.

Old 07-16-2017, 11:37 PM

5,752 posts, read 2,789,649 times
More rightie snowflake outrage. Who cares. Some woman writes about being perturbed by having to go to so many baby parties that she feels forced to go to. Hey, OP, I bet she has an article somewhere on the Internet about all the bridesmaid dresses she has had to buy too.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:02 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,777,367 times
You're a leftie and you've been confronted with leftie nonsense that is impossible to defend. Your team looks bad. What do you do? What DO you do?
Quote:
Originally Posted by CCbaxter View Post
More rightie snowflake outrage. Who cares.
Turn the tables! Lefties saying stupid stuff isn't the problem. No, the problem is righties who notice.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:06 AM

5,752 posts, read 2,789,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
You're a leftie and you've been confronted with leftie nonsense that is impossible to defend. Your team looks bad. What do you do? What DO you do?

Turn the tables! Lefties saying stupid stuff isn't the problem. No, the problem is righties who notice.
But I don't have to defend her. And feel no obligation to. Whereas Cult 45 will defend the slightest offense to trump. The woman who wrote this article is much like your Dear Leader, a self absorbed twit. The difference is I recognize it.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:13 AM

15,088 posts, read 13,470,263 times
As a liberal, I am bound by my secret society agreement to support these things.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies