Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:39 AM

16,299 posts, read 10,446,953 times

Advertisements

I would say if he goes after Mueller even his base has to question that move. However as we all know he literally could shoot a man and retain their support. Which of course says more about The Cult than it does Trump. They are the ones allowing him to get away with all the dumb ass stuff he pulls by continuing their support regardless of what he does.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-21-2017, 06:01 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,938,334 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveinMtAiry View Post
I would say if he goes after Mueller even his base has to question that move. However as we all know he literally could shoot a man and retain their support. Which of course says more about The Cult than it does Trump. They are the ones allowing him to get away with all the dumb ass stuff he pulls by continuing their support regardless of what he does.
In looking back on Mr. Trump's words during the campaign re: the loyalty of his base:

Quote:
I could stand in the middle of 5th Avenue & shoot somebody & I wouldn’t lose voters.
Perhaps it wasn't such a far-fetched claim.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:01 AM

16,299 posts, read 10,446,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiGeekGuest View Post
Many NYers have expressed similar wonderings ~ personally I have no clue, except to say I understand what you're saying here & wonder as well.
It is simple. He ran because he has the largest ego of any man who has ever lived. I'm thinking after Obama punked him publicly (still can't get enough of that clip) he decided that the people loved him so much he could win. And damned if he didn't dupe enough people to pull it off.

With this ego and his obsession with what people think I love how this will all end. Regardless of what is found in this investigation, and you better believe they will find plenty about the Trump family, there should be little question history will remember him for what he was. An unqualified baffoon who had no idea what he was doing.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:11 AM

4,288 posts, read 2,064,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
The best thing Trump could do for himself is to quit playing silly ass games and go see Mueller and take along data to document his innocence. If he is innocent it should be fairly simple to prove, wouldn't you think?
Proving innocence is not an easy thing and it is not the way our system works.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:25 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
I've always wondered why Trump decided to put himself in the position of being so scrutinized. He didn't need this...but then I come around to the fact that I think he thought he could control the entire narrative of the government so that he was untouchable. He was able to do that in his business and I think he believed that the President was more like a King or a Boss and he could stop anything that dug too deep. And certainly, Cult 45, believes he should be able to.
"Power tends to corrupt, and absolute power corrupts absolutely."

Old 07-21-2017, 07:29 AM

12,282 posts, read 13,256,580 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
I thought it was right neighborly of Mr. Trump to go public and tell Bob Mueller where to look for clues to criminal activity. Maybe he'll get an extra pillow in his cell.
Maybe he could OJ's old cell.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:39 AM

37,803 posts, read 41,064,332 times
We elected a businessman for a reason. Now the left is holding it against him.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:44 AM

20,165 posts, read 9,069,121 times
Unsuccessful people have always been suspicious of people are successful. It's a despair mechanism.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:45 AM

3,440 posts, read 2,532,543 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Mueller and Sessions are not on the left.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:47 AM

4,765 posts, read 3,738,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
Regale us with how he has used his awesome business acumen to MAGA. Like Brownback and Rauner before him, the reality is far from the promise.

One thing ALL 'successful' businessmen do well is golf though!

When do we get the awesome health care? The beautiful wall? The infrastructure spending?
Even the tax reform is looking pretty darn iffy. "Deal making" FTW!

If none of those promises come to fruition, will that be the "left's" fault too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies