Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-21-2017, 05:38 PM

30,253 posts, read 23,742,275 times

Advertisements

Ok...I'll put my 2 cents in here:

He's not entirely incorrect, he's just wrong that it has anything to do with race. It has a whole lot to do with gender. I've noticed this myself because I walk everywhere around here since everything is so close.

It's mainly females who do not move out of the way and have no clue that they should even move out of the way.

Males tend to be very observant of what is coming, and if you pay attention, you can actually see their minds calculating how far over on the sidewalk they are going to get right before they do. And they always do where I live.

There's a healthy mix of whites, Hispanics, and blacks where I live. There's a smattering of Asians and dot Indians. You want diversity? It's here.

It does not matter what race the guy is, it doesn't matter how old he is, child to young adult to older adult, it doesn't matter if he's ghetto (that's any race so save it) or white collar, he's going to move over. Every time. Without fail. And they are always looking ahead and around them.

Most females are NOT observant. I don't believe for a second that it's because they have 27 different things going on in their heads, I believe it's because they've not had to be observant.

I am observant. I've had to be observant. Some people have to excel at that skill to survive. Males tend to have encounters that can cause them problems if they aren't observant...in ways that most females are not even aware.

Many females live very pampered lives when it comes to this particular subject. Yes, they have to have some awareness, of course, but it's nothing like the awareness that most males have, and anyone who has ever had to be observant, at some point in their life, to keep living.

Many females are extremely naive. They hate when you call them that but it's true. They don't move from the sidewalk because they don't feel that they have to move from the sidewalk. They are used to everyone moving for them. Doesn't matter if they are good looking or ugly, people tend to move out of the way for females regardless of race, age, or attraction level. They just do it.

Not once has a male put me up on the grass when I'm walking around here. Plenty of females have because they hog up the entire sidewalk and you can see it in their eyes, they don't even register the need to move. I'm not in to confrontations, and I really don't want some stranger touching me as it is so I move, but I notice it every single time.

Old 07-21-2017, 05:48 PM

3,550 posts, read 1,549,803 times
When walking hand in hand with my husband, I notice that the majority of white people who are also walking side by side or hand in hand, will not make an attempt to move. I've always wondered if they were oblivious or just a-holes. The courteous thing is to walk single file as they pass, which most non-white people know how to do. Lately I've become the one who makes them move if I see they're not making an attempt. (which makes me the jerk, I know)

I don't normally "white bash", in fact I hate when non-whites do it, but this one really annoys me.

Last edited by PinaCarlotta; 07-21-2017 at 06:13 PM..

Old 07-21-2017, 05:56 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,371 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by spillerNburr View Post
More black whining. I want I want I want, you owe me. I am black so you owe me. Bla Bla Bla. suck it up butter cup
the irony is that this thread was created. whining about whining. Perhaps OP should take your advice.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:14 PM

12,755 posts, read 9,649,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
NYT writer angry that white women won't get out of his way

Really, OP?

That's what you got out of that article?

Seems like OP is the angry one.

I've come across exactly those type of white women. They don't move for me either and I'm a white woman. I have been known to NOT move when their gaggle passes. The looks on their faces are quite priceless...utter SHOCK that I wouldn't move for them.

haha

Old 07-21-2017, 06:17 PM

16,603 posts, read 8,615,472 times
I thought the NYT made a public statement that they were going to re-evaluate their "potential bias" and make adjustments. Yet with people like this with chips on their shoulders working for them, I don't see how they can moderate.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:21 PM

9,189 posts, read 7,601,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
You must be one of the white women the author is speaking about.

Old 07-21-2017, 06:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
The "Black" dude saying white women won't get out of "his" lane IF the dude ain't trying to in "their" lane on the sidewalk is weird. Tho I live in Bullhead City where not many people walk so, who knows?

Old 07-21-2017, 07:05 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,472 times
Now I have to try this experiment.

And I have to see which women look me in the eye before bumping me.
I live near NYC so this will be easy.

As far as white women crossing the road, I have cut off many in my time that started crossing on the green not even looking at traffic. I am a jerk in this regard, but the look on their faces is priceless. In NYC, its everyone though, not just the white women. Still fun.

Old 07-21-2017, 07:16 PM

5,719 posts, read 6,448,812 times
In Paris, nobody moves out of the way. People bumping into each other is a regular thing that happens there. A native told me that the best thing to do is look aloof like you're not paying attention to where you're going, and people will get out of the way for you. Tried it and can confirm it works.

Old 07-21-2017, 08:10 PM

17,077 posts, read 13,372,917 times
It's not been my observation that any particular group of people has cornered the market on inconsiderate behavior.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies