Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-25-2017, 05:38 PM

8,227 posts, read 3,417,998 times

Advertisements

Chomsky says Trump

Noam Chomsky generally speaks for the far left, and he hates Republicans. But in this article:

"Noam Chomsky ... spoke his mind on the Trump administration’s ongoing scandal concerning Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer. In Chomsky’s view, the meeting should rather be regarded as a responsible diplomatic gesture than an attempt at collusion, and media would serve the public much better by focusing on what’s going on behind the scenes of America’s most popular reality show."

A RESPONSIBLE DIPLOMATIC GESTURE.

Chomsky is horrified by the Republican party in general. But everyone should notice that he thinks Trump Jr.'s Russian meeting was just fine. While all the Democrats are having sh-t fits over it.

Stop and think.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-25-2017, 05:48 PM

16,569 posts, read 15,263,569 times
Well, Chompsky has had a soft spot for the Russians forever. His only problem with them may be that they dropped communism.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyRider View Post
Well, Chompsky has had a soft spot for the Russians forever. His only problem with them may be that they dropped communism.
I don't think so. He hated the Soviet Union as much as he hates the USA.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:53 PM

23,795 posts, read 13,254,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Good4Nothin View Post
Chomsky says Trump

Noam Chomsky generally speaks for the far left, and he hates Republicans. But in this article:

"Noam Chomsky ... spoke his mind on the Trump administration’s ongoing scandal concerning Donald Trump Jr.’s meeting with a Russian lawyer. In Chomsky’s view, the meeting should rather be regarded as a responsible diplomatic gesture than an attempt at collusion, and media would serve the public much better by focusing on what’s going on behind the scenes of America’s most popular reality show."

Chomsky is horrified by the Republican party in general. But everyone should notice that he thinks Trump Jr.'s Russian meeting was just fine. While all the Democrats are having sh-t fits over it.

Stop and think.
Ok, I stopped and thought.

I disagree with Chomsky and do not really care what he thinks anyhow.

Lil Donny Jr. is self-entitled brat who rubbed his hands together in anticipation at the thought of getting dirt on Hillary, and that is why he met with the Russians.

Lil Donny doesn't care about diplomacy. If he did, he would not call respectable people, far more experienced and mature than him, 'nutjobs.'

Lil Donny is a waste of space who has accomplished nothing on his own and he should stick to running Big Daddy's businesses and keep his nose out of the country's business.

Old 07-25-2017, 05:59 PM

6,617 posts, read 5,007,352 times
Quote:
Chomsky says Trump

Stop and think.
Far be it for me to disagree with whom I considered the best intellectual of my lifetime, but one thing doesnt stop the other. Chomsky considers climate change to be a species level catastrophe through that lens there is nothing worse than what the Ryan wing is doing to regulations, to me I think you have to let it go to crap so all this third party voters can see that is not all the same ****. As far as russia goes, yes collusion is not a crime per se, I still want to find out exactly what happened, I still want to erode any mandate this administration might have, and most of all you want trump and co to keep stepping deeper in obstruction of justice mud.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:10 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
Far be it for me to disagree with whom I considered the best intellectual of my lifetime
So, all you need to become the number one top intellectual is hate your own country even more than you hate all the others???

Yes, Chomsky can be interesting, sometimes, but most of the time he is just a monotonous hater.

And WHY does he HATE so much? Because in Chomsky's dreamworld there is no violence and no competition and everyone loves everyone.

So ... he looks at the REAL world and it does not match his fantasy, and he throws a tantrum.

And THAT is what got him "elected" the number one smart guy of the left.

Oh ... but you will say ... Chomsky is a LINGUIST. That makes him especially able to see through the political bull****.

Sorry, he is NOT THAT KIND OF LINGUIST. Chomsky's linguistic theories are absolutely useless for trying to make sense out of political discourse. He DOES NOT USE HIS LINGUISTIC THEORIES AT ALL in analyzing politics.

What a batch of crap the left has fallen for.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:25 PM

15,507 posts, read 6,427,922 times
Quote:
So, all you need to become the number one top intellectual is hate your own country even more than you hate all the others???

Yes, Chomsky can be interesting, sometimes, but most of the time he is just a monotonous hater.

And WHY does he HATE so much? Because in Chomsky's dreamworld there is no violence and no competition and everyone loves everyone.

So ... he looks at the REAL world and it does not match his fantasy, and he throws a tantrum.

And THAT is what got him "elected" the number one smart guy of the left.

Oh ... but you will say ... Chomsky is a LINGUIST. That makes him especially able to see through the political bull****.

Sorry, he is NOT THAT KIND OF LINGUIST. Chomsky's linguistic theories are absolutely useless for trying to make sense out of political discourse. He DOES NOT USE HIS LINGUISTIC THEORIES AT ALL in analyzing politics.

What a batch of crap the left has fallen for.
He knows a lot about political history (doesn't mean he's always right) but as a linguist you are completely correct, he has been disproven time and time again. His LAD theory is such unmitigated nonsense with no neurological research or even common sense applied to it and despite this he'll still claim it's a legitimate theory in the field of psychology.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winterfall8324 View Post
He knows a lot about political history (doesn't mean he's always right) but as a linguist you are completely correct, he has been disproven time and time again. His LAD theory is such unmitigated nonsense with no neurological research or even common sense applied to it and despite this he'll still claim it's a legitimate theory in the field of psychology.
Yeah it's disgraceful.

I studied cognitive linguistics myself, by the way, and got a PhD in it. I read all about the history of linguistics and how Chomsky fit into it. Basically, he hijacked American linguistics. He dominated it, and it was hard for anyone to stand up to him.

Tragic, really, because linguistics is, or can be, such a fascinating and useful subject.

I did NOT follow Chomsky in my research, not at all. Lots of people, including my professors, recognized that his ideas were useless.

NEVERTHELESS, he became a political "genius" based on his being a linguistic "genius."

I will tell you how Chomsky became famous in the first place, and maybe you will understand how the craziness happened:

In the 1950s Skinner, the famous radical behaviorist, was saying the mind is the blank slate. The human mind, according to Skinner, is NOT programmed to learn a human language.

Obviously, Skinner was wrong, but he was famous and had a forceful personality, so lots of psychologists believed him.

Chomsky, being outspoken, and smart, challenged Skinner on this and won a debate with him. The "cognitive revolution" was born.

Ok, yeah, Chomsky was right about that. But that DOES NOT MEAN HE IS RIGHT ABOUT EVERYTHING.

Jeeezzz. Why are people SO GULLIBLE???

Old 07-25-2017, 06:44 PM

27,307 posts, read 16,215,951 times
Chomsky is an idiot.

Old 07-25-2017, 06:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by T-310 View Post
Chomsky is an idiot.
Maybe, but he is often called the foremost American intellectual.

Crazy lies get started and you can't stop them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies