Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 09:11 AM

6,844 posts, read 2,851,365 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by pilot1 View Post
huh? What? It's not a water fountain?

:d

haha :d
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 09:13 AM

39,246 posts, read 27,645,276 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
Thank you lily.
you are very welcome, Traci.

I wish you the best, hope life and people treat you better in the future.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:31 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,838,052 times
I'm planning on putting a urinal in my own bathroom and I'm a woman. That way I never have to worry about the seat not being down.

Not sure what people's fascinations are with others potty behavior. I could care less if there was a urinal in the ladies room. It would have come in handy when my son was younger and I took him to the bathroom.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:32 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
Oops I thought you were talking about urinals in general, not specifically for trans people in ladies rooms.
Nah. I get why they have them in men’s rooms.

Especially in larger venues with long waits.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:33 AM

34,941 posts, read 36,292,246 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
I'm planning on putting a urinal in my own bathroom and I'm a woman. That way I never have to worry about the seat not being down.

Not sure what people's fascinations are with others potty behavior. I could care less if there was a urinal in the ladies room. It would have come in handy when my son was younger and I took him to the bathroom.
We were looking at houses recently and the kids’ bathroom had a really nice urinal.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:36 AM

3,458 posts, read 1,457,991 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
This is what liberals want.
And whatever liberals want they get. It's the crying, it seems to work. But this kind of thing just starts a fight, which isn't productive.

Last edited by Tokinouta; 07-28-2017 at 09:47 AM..

Old 07-28-2017, 09:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by geekigurl View Post
*sticks her Snark back in its cage*

I sit down.

I don't use public restrooms, to be honest I'm afraid of being assaulted or arrested. I can get a nasty UTI if I hold it too long, I have bladder problems, and am supposed to stay as empty as possible. So I don't go out unless I have to, and never too far from home. It sucks for me, but it is what it is until I have surgery or the law gets changed. Sorry if that was TMI lol

Thank you for being so respectful with your questions. I appreciate that.
I think solo non gender bathrooms are the answer, and although the bathrooms are already boy/girl they can easily change them to closed stalls for either gender. There are also family bathrooms in most department or big box stores like Target and Ikea. You should get to know where those are and get out of the house more often.

I hope instead of trying to force conflict like they seem to be doing which puts a lot of stress on transgenders to fight for their right, they should be logical and end the gender bathroom. I'm sure you don't want to risk your life fighting in bathrooms across America, and you shouldn't have to.

Hopefully we get to the stage we truly start to change how we think, and past this stage of unrest and violent outbursts. Things are changing, and although it might be uncomfortable for some there are more peaceful and easy changes we could make for everyone. Single stall bathrooms should start becoming the norm, and we should end the male/female cubicles.

You need to get out and have a life. I hope things calm down soon, and I direct that to both sides of this coin.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Huh? What? It's not a water fountain?

Oh gosh, I can just see some girl grabbing ahold of that thing and trying to get a drink. I bet that will horrify a couple of moms. Ew.

And, someone will eventually stick their butt in there for a wash. lol Those viral videos will be interesting.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:19 AM

3,304 posts, read 2,175,209 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drewjdeg View Post
Who cares, I've been to plenty of mixed gender bathrooms in Denmark and the Netherlands. The culture of outrage in the alt-right is truly toxic.
We see this attitude so much nowadays. It seems that many think that not caring is somehow a value that should be promoted. Not caring isn't noble or enlightened. It's a symptom of the societal rot that we see today.

Old 07-28-2017, 10:49 AM

27,220 posts, read 13,508,926 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
We see this attitude so much nowadays. It seems that many think that not caring is somehow a value that should be promoted. Not caring isn't noble or enlightened. It's a symptom of the societal rot that we see today.
I can't see men being as bothered, it's womens bath rooms this will have the biggest impact on.

Furthermore some liberal arty places and high end places might have transgender bathrooms but can you imagine a rough bar or pooly lit multi storey car park toilets being transgender or toilets in parks or in truck stops/service stations etc.

If I was transgender I certainly wouldn't be getting my dick out in front of a Texas grandmother and her grandaughter or parent and daughter in a womans toilet somewhere like Texas or in the US South, chances are you will get it shot off, in some kind of stand your ground scenario.

Then again having it shot off my save on the operation costs.

Last edited by Brave New World; 07-28-2017 at 11:00 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies