Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 12:59 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,030,238 times

Advertisements

Absolutely positively urinals don't look like bidets. But to people who have NEVER EVER seen a bidet -- that's often what they think it must be -- some odd version of a urinal.

Seriously -- you have never heard that before?

And as for trying to gross us out about men's urinals -- pffft -- if only you knew how disgusting some women can be and how they leave the washrooms....I am not going to elaborate. If you need details, check with someone near and dear to you about the state of female washrooms. It can rival pee stinking urinals in a heart beat.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2017, 01:03 PM

89,060 posts, read 44,866,510 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by katzpaw View Post
I remember urinal troughs - haven't seen any lately.

https://www.google.com/search?q=urin...=lnms&tbm=isch
They have urinal troughs in professional sports stadiums.

They sell a lot of beer, so...

Old 07-28-2017, 01:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by L8Gr8Apost8 View Post
What are you some kind of elitist snob?
Quite the contrary. The elitist snobs are those asserting the woman in the OP couldn't tell a urinal from a bidet, when they themselves seem to have obviously never seen a bidet.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Absolutely positively urinals don't look like bidets. But to people who have NEVER EVER seen a bidet -- that's often what they think it must be -- some odd version of a urinal.

Seriously -- you have never heard that before?
Nope. Never heard that. The usual question is... "What is that?"

Bidets have been common in upscale housing in areas in which a lot of internationals live. For example, the Washington, DC suburban Virginia and Maryland upscale home bathrooms have bidets. That was even true in the 1970s.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:37 PM

51,654 posts, read 25,843,388 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantabridgienne View Post
Once again, this begs the question: How do you determine who has a penis and who has a vagina of a full-clothed person? Should there be mandatory inspections in public bathrooms for all? You are okay with, for example, your tomboy daughter showing her genitals to some sort of guard who thinks she should be using the men's room because he thinks she looks like a boy? How about your elderly mom who started growing facial hair post-menopause? How about you?

Transgender doesn't just mean a guy wearing a dress. I'd imagine many of you would be hard-pressed to determine the birth gender of MANY transgender people.
North Carolina hasn't figured out how to monitor out ignorant bathroom bill.

Concerned citizens have taken it upon themselves to confront people they have doubts about.

There always seems to be something in the news about someone confronting someone in a bar about which bathroom they are using.

Two lesbians beat the snot out of a self-proclaimed "bathroom monitor" and things slowed down for a bit.

I haven't seen anything lately, but the law is still on the book, so I suspect we will soon be treated to another tale of misunderstandings among alcoholic rednecks.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:46 PM

526 posts, read 386,556 times
The world is my urinal.

Old 07-28-2017, 01:58 PM

29,219 posts, read 22,380,933 times
Plumbing goes through cycles of fashion, just like everything else.

If something is currently hip, it will be installed, and girls love an easy giggle. I expect lots will try a male urinal out just for the laughs.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:00 PM

12,275 posts, read 7,145,579 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
No bidet I've ever seen looks like a urinal. And, yes, I've been to many European countries.
The article didn't show a picture. Bidets should have faucets, similar to sinks.

Old 07-28-2017, 02:11 PM

6,844 posts, read 2,848,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
I think solo non gender bathrooms are the answer, and although the bathrooms are already boy/girl they can easily change them to closed stalls for either gender. There are also family bathrooms in most department or big box stores like Target and Ikea. You should get to know where those are and get out of the house more often.
I want to, I'm just paranoid about using a public restroom. I wouldn't mind using a gender neutral bathroom, that would be perfectly ok with me.

Quote:
I hope instead of trying to force conflict like they seem to be doing which puts a lot of stress on transgenders to fight for their right, they should be logical and end the gender bathroom. I'm sure you don't want to risk your life fighting in bathrooms across America, and you shouldn't have to.
Ha. No. I can't fight, it's safer to run, but I can't run very fast lol.

Quote:
Hopefully we get to the stage we truly start to change how we think, and past this stage of unrest and violent outbursts. Things are changing, and although it might be uncomfortable for some there are more peaceful and easy changes we could make for everyone. Single stall bathrooms should start becoming the norm, and we should end the male/female cubicles.
I hope so too. Like I said, single use/gender neutral restrooms would be perfectly fine, as long as I can use the restroom safely.

Quote:
You need to get out and have a life. I hope things calm down soon, and I direct that to both sides of this coin.
I know. I want to. Badly. There are so many things I'd love to get out and go do. I hope things calm down soon too.

Old 07-28-2017, 09:31 PM

15,823 posts, read 12,471,721 times
Toilet, sink, bidet? it's so confusing....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_BstJzcQNA
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies