Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 10-15-2017, 08:44 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,138,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post

Regarding football players: I'm not outraged, but they haven't been part of my reality for about a year. It's my understanding that they have continued to kneel during the National Anthem, so the Players, the Owners, the Sponsors & any of the TV commentators & or writers that are part of the NFL are dead to me.

Note: I'm not really sure about the race of the players, or the owners, or Sponsors & or the TV commentators or the writers, (although I think there's an Asian dude who does play by play for one of the networks...his name is hilariously Robert Lee). But again... I don't care what color they are. They dishonor the flag, our veterans and those who have died for our country.....so they (all of them) are DEAD to me (& have been on ignore since last year).

So to recap: The 35 Tiki Torch dudes in Charlottesville aren't very scary, and they are p*ssys. & any NFL player who "kneels" during the National Anthem is ALSO not very scary......and they are weenies. So should I be concerned (or give a rats *ss) about EITHER group anymore than I am?

Wow you use that word like you just learned it.
I guess the flag only works for you to use veterans to support your heavily biased idealogy. That is despicable. but you forgot that the flag and country is for EVERYONE in the country, not just military, or military who died in combat. Need a reminder of who you could care less about to fit your agenda? These people are all represented by the flag. So you can decide who else is dead to you in your fit o’pique of phony outrage.
Black people
Hispanic people
Middle eastern people
White people
Vererans that are homeless
Veterans/military that are not homeless
Football players
And anyone else you didn’t mention that lives here.

And since you like to have your head in the marsh like a weenie, you might want to do a little more research on what the majority of the military support. They support the right to kneel. The vets are kneeling too because they aren’t always supported by the government.

Old 10-15-2017, 10:57 PM

4,573 posts, read 6,784,144 times
What "word"?

There are 87 words in my post, & the only bolded words are "also", "either", & "dead".

Old 10-15-2017, 11:21 PM

25,303 posts, read 21,468,776 times
Colin Kaepernick files grievance, says NFL owners 'punished' him for protesting

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the National Football League in which he claims team owners colluded to keep him from being signed.
The grievance was filed on Sunday under the league's Collective Bargaining Agreement, according to a statement from Mark Geragos, Kaepernick's attorney. Geragos is also a CNN contributor.

Colin Kaepernick files grievance, says NFL owners 'punished' him for protesting - Oct. 15, 2017

Old 10-15-2017, 11:30 PM

9,138 posts, read 5,806,242 times
Collusion by consensus?
Just because none of em will touch him with a ten foot pole
doesn't mean they got together to come to that conclusion.
He would be cancer to any team.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:41 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
couldn't care less about what those white nationalist terrorists did. And you can try to minimize it all you want, fact is those economic idiots kneeling haven't done anything nearly as evil or illegal, yet there is more outrage over them.

How that was so hard to understand, I do not know.
What would you have said in June of 2017?

Kaepernick's protests started in August of 2016. The white nationalist event in Charlottesville where the girl was hit by a car and died didn't happen until August of 2017.

Old 10-16-2017, 01:51 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,540,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by McGowdog View Post
Kaepernick was wearing Cop Pig socks. You know? What do we want? Dead cops. When do we want em? NOW! Pigs in a blanket fry em like bacon!
Yep.

And given the above, the assertion that Kaepernick cared about the notion of respect is ludicrous.

Old 10-16-2017, 03:07 AM

11,794 posts, read 5,801,446 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry Hemi View Post
Wow you use that word like you just learned it.
I guess the flag only works for you to use veterans to support your heavily biased idealogy. That is despicable. but you forgot that the flag and country is for EVERYONE in the country, not just military, or military who died in combat. Need a reminder of who you could care less about to fit your agenda? These people are all represented by the flag. So you can decide who else is dead to you in your fit o’pique of phony outrage.
Black people
Hispanic people
Middle eastern people
White people
Vererans that are homeless
Veterans/military that are not homeless
Football players
And anyone else you didn’t mention that lives here.

And since you like to have your head in the marsh like a weenie, you might want to do a little more research on what the majority of the military support. They support the right to kneel. The vets are kneeling too because they aren’t always supported by the government.
I've done the research Harvey and since I know many military families - all who don't support this kneeling tantrum put on by millionaire players - maybe you can enlighten us with the "research" that supports your claim. Just because a couple military personnel have come out in support of this stunt doesn't mean the majority supports it.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:05 AM

4,783 posts, read 3,301,646 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
Collusion by consensus?
Just because none of em will touch him with a ten foot pole
doesn't mean they got together to come to that conclusion.
He would be cancer to any team.
There was no collusion, owners just passed on him afraid of crowd reaction. After everything we have seen this season as far as protests, I think we are beyond that.

As far as being cancer? Overblown myth. Most players will not have a problem with Kap in the locker-room. Heck his own team last year voted him their most prestigious award.
https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/12/30/co...eshmont-award#

Kap has also received endorsements from many players this season including Tom Brady and Aaron Rodgers.

Old 10-16-2017, 04:18 AM

1,700 posts, read 1,046,123 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jm1982 View Post
Colin Kaepernick files grievance, says NFL owners 'punished' him for protesting

Colin Kaepernick has filed a grievance against the National Football League in which he claims team owners colluded to keep him from being signed.
The grievance was filed on Sunday under the league's Collective Bargaining Agreement, according to a statement from Mark Geragos, Kaepernick's attorney. Geragos is also a CNN contributor.

Colin Kaepernick files grievance, says NFL owners 'punished' him for protesting - Oct. 15, 2017
That is so weird. You have one side claiming the NFL is too conservative and suppressing Kapernick then you have another side saying the NFL is too liberal and promoting kneeling during the anthem.

LOL. I know we are suppose to debate, but we are not even close to a starting foundation.
What are the viewer numbers looking like for this Sunday? NFL
More, less or about the same amount of kneeling?

Old 10-16-2017, 05:01 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,761,394 times
Default Freedom of hiring is now what Kaepernick is suing about!

This ex NFL player now will sue the NFL for not being hired and his complaint is that there is a conspiracy against him not being hired.

Even though the league has given him all the leeway to protest on the job and causing a roller coaster of issues where one side follows his action and freedom of responding shows that many people don't like his action and follows what they feel is their answer.

Now Kaepernick wants the court to force him being hired or getting a pay check for doing nothing.

NFL commissioner should have intervened right away as the issue will not easily go away for the NFL.

If during the Super Bowl more fall out will come than the league will be hurt even more and the NFL has no control over this as it seems that Kaepernick is here to stay and stir the pot.

https://www.google.com/amp/www.daily...iring-him.html
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies