Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 06:22 AM

15,292 posts, read 7,763,561 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Football fans are okay with players who beat their wives and kids; deal drugs; engage in dog fighting; etc. But they are not okay with taking a knee or raising a fist as a silent act of protest.

I could see why these fans are so pro-Trump.

Violence is better than peaceful protest in the minds of Trump and his followers.
It's more a case of turning a blind eye than being okay with it. But that will be increasingly hard to do now that the players are, in addition to all their other obnoxious behavior, also bashing American symbols on the field. The NFL brass is doubling down in support of these players, but they'll have a tough time from now selling such an all-around foul group of individuals as heroes.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:23 AM

3,840 posts, read 3,069,132 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Basically sums it up LOL.

Goodness, Trump is such a trash human being. The fact that people voted for a pereon like Trump tells you everything you need to know about his supporters.

Same thing millions of Americans said about those that voted for that POS Obama.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:39 AM

15,154 posts, read 11,628,785 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
It's more a case of turning a blind eye than being okay with it. But that will be increasingly hard to do now that the players are, in addition to all their other obnoxious behavior, also bashing American symbols on the field. The NFL brass is doubling down in support of these players, but they'll have a tough time from now selling such an all-around foul group of individuals as heroes.
I thought getting down on your knees was a sign of submission and defeat...these idiots don't look heroic or brave

Old 09-24-2017, 06:46 AM

28,164 posts, read 25,315,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LGR_NYR View Post
I'm not ok with players who beat their wives and kids; deal drugs; engage in dog fighting but, it's off the field and it's their private life and really not my business. What happens on the field IS my business because the NFL is a product that I pay for. As I said numerous times work is work do your job. Be an activist in your spare time.

You think you've made a morally sound decision on the behaviors you reject, but you don't. All you care about is what happens "on the field" yet you yourself say the behaviors that really hurt others don't matter to you and not your business...because its off the field.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
LOL Okay.

I've never seen such backlash against the behaviors aforementioned. Yet they take a knee or raise a fist and people go friggin' crazy.

Its CLEAR that a piece of cloth means more to many NFL fans than do women, children and dogs. Pathetic.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:49 AM

34,235 posts, read 18,590,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trlhiker View Post
Colin is not the one harping on this issue. Fake Patriot Republicans are the ones who won't let it go away.
Donna Edwards is a fake Patriot Republican? She's a has been Democrat Congressmen. Now she's an "activist".

Old 09-24-2017, 06:50 AM

6,751 posts, read 3,371,581 times
Quote:
Football fans are okay with players who beat their wives and kids; deal drugs; engage in dog fighting; etc. But they are not okay with taking a knee or raising a fist as a silent act of protest.

I could see why these fans are so pro-Trump.

Violence is better than peaceful protest in the minds of Trump and his followers.
This gets my vote for ignorant post of the day. Maybe the month.

Show me where anyone said it was okay to beat your wife and kids, do drugs, and support dog fighting. Then you lay it all on Trump supporters. Do you actually believe your own bullcrap?

Then you say Trump supporters prefer violence over peaceful protest. LOL. You HAVE to be joking. The left incites violent protests almost on a daily basis. Are you on board with that? And now, their protesting their own party. Just ask Nancy Pelosi about that.

You and your ilk have gone completely off the rails. You goofballs don't even know what you want anymore. Go find a safe space, have a Twizzler, and think about it for a while.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:52 AM

3,614 posts, read 1,737,772 times
Quote:

You think you've made a morally sound decision on the behaviors you reject, but you don't. All you care about is what happens "on the field" yet you yourself say the behaviors that really hurt others don't matter to you and not your business...because its off the field.
Those matters described above that are off the field are police matters. They do matter to me, but I have no control over them.

Old 09-24-2017, 06:54 AM

10,095 posts, read 6,439,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tb4000 View Post
You have to recognize this for what it is...a distraction for his base. This is Trump trying to throw out another shiny object to take attention away from the fact that he really hasn't done much and can't get his house in order because has the leadership skills of a mosquito. The ACA is still the law of the land. No significant GOP legislation has gone through. There's no "wall" going up. Trump is busy playing on Twitter, golfing, throwing Republicans and his reality TV show staff under the bus one by one, whining about the media, and hedging on his campaign promises.

North Korea is laughing in his face and treating all of his fake tough guy threats like a joke as they do missile test after missile test. His administration is under serious investigation including the guy he picked for NSA and his former campaign manager who's looking more crooked by the day. His Presidency has really amounted to nothing over the first 9 months and this is all he can do... have pep rallies trying to re-live the campaign glory days playing to his base with dumb distractions. One week he's tweeting high school level memes, the next week he's going on about trivial football players kneeling for a song in silent protest. Trump is a TV guy and he knows the buzzwords and catch-phrases to say to get a reaction. He says provocative stuff that sows division and hate in this country but he knows these kind of things will make headlines and that's what he's all about. His shtick has been old for months now.
Bingo! You win the prize for discernment this week!

Old 09-24-2017, 06:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camaro5 View Post
This gets my vote for ignorant post of the day. Maybe the month.

Show me where anyone said it was okay to beat your wife and kids, do drugs, and support dog fighting. Then you lay it all on Trump supporters. Do you actually believe your own bullcrap?

Then you say Trump supporters prefer violence over peaceful protest. LOL. You HAVE to be joking. The left incites violent protests almost on a daily basis. Are you on board with that? And now, their protesting their own party. Just ask Nancy Pelosi about that.

You and your ilk have gone completely off the rails. You goofballs don't even know what you want anymore. Go find a safe space, have a Twizzler, and think about it for a while.
You don't have to say it. The proof is in the pudding. I don't see ya'll complaining when an abusive player takes the field but lo the player who dares to silently protest.

Yeah, we're off the rails because we support Americans' right to protest yet you are perfectly on the rails with your tacit approval of abusers. GMAB
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies