Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-25-2017, 11:29 AM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Trump did not attack the black players.. you make things up just like a lefty.. Trump said anyone who doesn't stand for the flag disrespects our country.. simple.. they then chose to not stand. Fine.. they want to disrespect our country.

And why did he get involved? Score political points with his base? If so he is using the situation for his own personal gain. And that would be incredibly disrespectful to the country.

39,075 posts, read 51,199,205 times
Dale Earnhardt, Jr. came out a short time ago in support of Americans' right to peaceful protest by taking a knee even though NASCAR owners apparently don't think so.

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wapasha View Post

We already have schools where students are forbidden to wear a US flag t-shirt, or even fly the American flag on the school grounds, because some liberal SJW will take offense. Screw these people, they need to stop forcing us to comply to their twisted crap.
Wearing the US flag as an article of clothing, whether as a t-shirt, pair of shorts or sweatshirt is disrespectful.

http://kezj.com/its-disrespectful-to...rint-clothing/

https://www.senate.gov/reference/res...df/RL30243.pdf

Which schools are forbidden to fly the US flag on school grounds? Links please. I've never heard of that before.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:30 AM

26,191 posts, read 21,568,036 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
I swear, I think the race card is the only item in the liberal toolbox. Apples and oranges. BTW, kneeling won't bring any change. It accomplishes nothing but just giving a middle finger to Trump.
Just like sitting at the lunch counter did nothing as well

Old 09-25-2017, 11:31 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:
Trump did not attack the black players.. you make things up just like a lefty.. ..

Trump called a black athlete a "son of a *****," and recommended he be fired.

He was pandering to his base and, obviously, it's working.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffbase40 View Post
How you are not able to see how grossly offensive kneeling is offensive to many people is baffling. The anthem is part of traditional America values and culture.
I think it's purposeful. It's been a way for libs to dumb themselves down far enough, to cling tightly to a small scrap of ground and pretend their is nuance there, so they never have to disagree with another lib on anything.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:32 AM

76,975 posts, read 47,597,802 times
Quote:
Trump did not attack the black players.. you make things up just like a lefty.. Trump said anyone who doesn't stand for the flag disrespects our country.. simple.. they then chose to not stand. Fine.. they want to disrespect our country.
He said more than that, and it was taken as an attack. He called them words, which are not allowed even here at CD. Why do you think so many people, even Trump supporters voiced their disagreement?

When Tebow bowed the knee during the anthem, they said he took respect to a whole new level, but now that its a bunch of blacks, it is seen as disrespectful. Sitting is worse than taking the knee and even Kapernick went from sitting to kneeing because he didn't want to be disrespectful.

I stand during the anthem, but I don't police what others choose to do. In a free country people can do what they please in such situations.

Last edited by Finn_Jarber; 09-25-2017 at 11:43 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 11:35 AM

37,959 posts, read 22,134,270 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump called a black athlete a "son of a *****," and recommended he be fired.

He was pandering to his base and, obviously, it's working.
Leave it to the race obsessed to see a racial component in everything.

Maybe you looked at a professional football player, and all you saw was a black man, but that only speaks for you, and which gutter your mind lives in.

Old 09-25-2017, 11:37 AM

29,531 posts, read 9,700,562 times
Quote:
The democrats keep pointing at the racism and racist.. where? I don't see it. I never hear one good word about race relations from the left.. they use the race card as a tool for their political power over blacks. They use them as pawns because of their skin color. So what is so bad about being black?
I know your want to frame your position in terms of these sorts of battle lines, but those you choose to focus upon, whether black or white, Democrat or Republican seems only to be blurring the simple facts of these issues related to race and racism. I'm not inclined to fight that battle with you, because if either party were really doing all that well to minimize the problems of racism, we wouldn't be having this discussion!

At a minimum, it's not a card! Whether the issue is used for political gain or not, the issue still exists, and those subject to the problems of racism are very likely to do what they can -- if they have the fortitude -- to protest about the injustices they are experiencing. If not justified, I really don't think they'd get the attention that follows.

In fact, much of the attention is ginned up, because more and more people who don't understand these issues, typically white people, even some with racist tendencies, do battle against even protesting, dissent! They just can't understand it, don't want it, and won't tolerate it!

Your question, "what is so bad about being black?" Well demonstrates how out of touch you are with this issue in general. It's a loaded straw man argument that obviously misses the point.

There is nothing so "bad" about being black!

What's bad is how blacks are too often treated by people who think that being black is bad...

Really?

Injustice born from racism/ignorance is what is bad, not the color of one's skin!

Old 09-25-2017, 11:38 AM

34,619 posts, read 21,598,192 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
In this matter that is all any of us are doing. You're saying it will hurt the NFL. Next Patriot home game can we expect half-empty stadium then?
Do you actually believe everyone who watches a team and buys their gear is at each game? Lol
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies