Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Should football players and university professors be easy to fire for their views?
Football players and university professors can be fired for their views. 142 43.03%
Neither can be fired for their views 188 56.97%
Voters: 330. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-27-2017, 01:17 PM

26,191 posts, read 21,587,222 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
"It is their right to protest,"

NOT at work.

Try it sometime where you work.
You can exercise your right to protest while at work if your employer allows it so why are we even talking about this?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:17 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
You are wrong, absolutely.

Just because someone disagrees with the NFL knee benders, doesn't make them a Nazi or a Confederate.
Triggered? Good. Either there is a reading comprehension issue on your part, or just flat out willful ignorance. I was calling out a double standard. If you call out the persons kneeling, but you were either silent or excusing those involved in the Charlottesville incident, then you are part of the problem. You are the one promoting a double standard. I would have to assume you have less of a problem with what happened in Charlottesville than with Colin Kaepernick.

I've learned something. I've made some mistakes in the past. Hopefully I can learn from them in the future. One thing I'm learning is that some people I cannot debate. I have to teach them.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:18 PM

28,164 posts, read 25,305,403 times
Quote:

NOT at work.

If their bosses don't have a problem with it, its not really your business now is it?

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:

NOT at work.

There is nothing to stop one from protesting at work if their employer allows it. So far they have. What your employer does is irrelevant.

15,355 posts, read 12,651,768 times
Quote:

NOT at work.

I'm on one knee right now as I type this..

Old 09-27-2017, 01:22 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
Disagree with their statement? Sure! That is absolutely your right to do so.

Calling them unpatriotic and unAmerican because they are using their rights which were have been defended by millions of Americans over the past 200 and some years? NOPE.
Let's be clear.

This is this "right" that you quote.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
Those guys are multi-millionaire celebrities using their status at the NFL to protest at a very visible event. They turned a NFL football game into their own private mouthpiece for their views.

People absolutely have the right to protest this. They are paying for the event.

People absolutely have the right to call them unpatriotic and un-American if those knee benders to choose to use their position to act unpatriotic and un-American. There is no logical argument to the contrary.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:24 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,628,813 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
Triggered? Good.
Dear, it's not about me.

It's about you attempting to call the ones who protest the Knee Benders to be Nazi & Confederate sympathizers.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:24 PM

51,653 posts, read 25,819,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magritte25 View Post
No, I'm saying the Usual Suspects ALWAYS complain about protests whether its here or on my social media feeds.

I never said everyone.
This business of twisting what others say doesn't really work when we can go back and read the original.

Honestly, got to wonder why the same folks keep doing it over and over. Perhaps they think we are a;; so witless we won't recognize when it happens.

Old 09-27-2017, 01:26 PM

73,020 posts, read 62,607,656 times
Quote:
Dear, it's not about me.

It's about you attempting to call the ones who protest the Knee Benders to be Nazi & Confederate sympathizers.
And so what if I did?

Old 09-27-2017, 01:28 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,757 times
Quote:
Let's be clear.

This is this "right" that you quote.
Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances
Those guys are multi-millionaire celebrities using their status at the NFL to protest at a very visible event. They turned a NFL football game into their own private mouthpiece for their views.

People absolutely have the right to protest this. They are paying for the event.

People absolutely have the right to call them unpatriotic and un-American if those knee benders to choose to use their position to act unpatriotic and un-American. There is no logical argument to the contrary.
And people absolutely have every right to call them hypcroties for wearing flag apparel, using merchandise with the flag on it, booing the president during a 9/11 video tribute, responding to protesters with racial slurs, continually supporting their team even after they sign abusers and addicts and supporting Captain Bonespurs.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies