Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2017, 05:34 PM

20,871 posts, read 9,536,978 times

Advertisements

The really funny thing is, the Trump Cultists keep telling us the purge of the Deep State is underway, but given that Trump can't even control the behavior of his own staff (let alone himself), how can anyone seriously think he'd be able to control millions of people in government? Trump Cultists are clearly only repeating that to themselves to assuage their fears (happening right before their eyes) that Trump is unable to control anything.

I can think of no worse person for the cause of Purging the Deep State than Donald Trump. He is just about the most incompetent person anyone could have come up with for such a task (or, any task for that matter).

My next prediction is that John Kelly is going to turn out to be as much of an establishment person as Priebus was, so eventually, he will go too. Trump will increasingly surround himself with amateurs and ideologues who don't have a clue how to get anything done, Trump will increasingly become a figurehead with the workings of government increasingly steered by the very bureaucrats Trump (and Brannon) set out to destroy, and in the end, Trump will become the worst thing that could have ever happened to his own cause.

Unfortunately, his Cultists will be so blind to this, they will repeat to themselves that all this failure and incompetence is actually some sort of victory and "winning." But then, that's how cultists typically think anyway.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:38 PM

3,440 posts, read 2,527,335 times
Well, so far in the journey on the road from the inauguration to here, there's a lot of roadkill and Trump is driving the bus.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:38 PM

14,489 posts, read 6,098,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Right.... the chair of the RNC is a closet dem, the head of breitbart is a closet dem, and the AG and lifelong republican, not to mention a republican senator, are all closet dems. Any idea how truly... "wrong" that sounds?

Yeah I've got to agree. Saying Bannon and Sessions are Dems is one of the most laughable things I've ever seen

Old 07-28-2017, 05:39 PM

33,942 posts, read 22,527,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Right.... the chair of the RNC is a closet dem, the head of breitbart is a closet dem, and the AG and lifelong republican, not to mention a republican senator, are all closet dems. Any idea how truly... "wrong" that sounds?
EVERYONE is a closet Dem!

Old 07-28-2017, 05:40 PM

10,275 posts, read 10,340,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ringo1 View Post
EVERYONE is a closet Dem!
Except for Trump, of course, who was an actual registered Dem until a few years ago. He's the only Republican, apparently.

Talk about delusional Trump cultists!

Old 07-28-2017, 05:41 PM

16,235 posts, read 25,217,748 times
Kelly will be a leader rather than a cheerleader....it will be a positive change.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:43 PM

6,141 posts, read 3,373,037 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacqueg View Post
This liberal doesn't deeply care.

It's just the next act in a play which has many more acts to follow.

Kelly may be able to impose some discipline on WH staffers. But he won't be able to impose discipline on Trump, so I expect the entertainment to continue.
This is where the problems are jacqueg... Any Leader needs to appoint or have confirmed nominations incharge of positions they have expertise. BUT somehow, Trump believes their loyalty is to HIM and him ALONE!! There is a SPECIFIC ISSUE with Trump and that's inability to allow those who have expertise to do their job.. Instead, his agenda was to MAKE these professionals do whatever his (personal) bidding demanded! ( PERSONAL GAIN/PROTECTION)

I'm not surprised he's having problems selecting hundreds of people necessary to fill fired professionals within the positions.. as it was obvious.. He wanted puppets to cover his AMPLE A$$ and nothing to do with running the Government!!

Trump got Sessions in place..( regardless of his many warts) yet Trump still wasn't satisfied!! Priebus was a useful tool to try and manage Congress as previous RNC Chairman... BUT as usual.. NOT enough for Trump because he couldn't FORCE them to adhere to HIS Bloviated ever changing views!!!

IF some of the Trump supporters weren't so aggressive and hateful in their responses to the alternative views .. I would feel sorry for them. I'm sure there's a whole lot of Trump voter's regretful as I type.. BUT not the diehard ones posting here

Old 07-28-2017, 05:43 PM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
From Priebus to a general? Don't think that will make liberals too happy
I didn't vote for Trump but I think this is kind of a good move. Kelly isn't necessarily going to get involved with the shenanigans of the Mooch and the Mooch may be just a little intimidated by him. Bannon won't freak out Kelly either.

I don't anticipate this guy will play many of the Trump games.....so all is good.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:44 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,636,611 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
From Priebus to a general? Don't think that will make liberals too happy
thread proves you wrong yet again.

You seem to have this odd idea that everything trump does upsets the left. The reality is we are delighted that Trump keeps setting his house on fire. Trump has ZERO suport on the hill, they no longer give a damn what trump says. And it is looking more and more like we are going to have a trump vs the GOP and Dems.

libs are laughing. you guys are a damn mess.

Old 07-28-2017, 05:45 PM

1,085 posts, read 2,233,697 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Trump needs to fire Jared and Ivanka instead if he wants to fix anything.
Seriously doubt that happens. Kushner and now Mooch are the sons he wished he had.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies