Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 12:47 AM

33,316 posts, read 12,546,342 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by mightleavenyc View Post
I thought TMZ and CNN were the same channel.
LOL.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 04:40 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
When only one third of the country is democrat, why do we have liberals controlling the vast majority of media?
We need more balanced TV news media for sure.

Old 08-06-2017, 04:43 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
When only one third of the country is democrat, why do we have liberals controlling the vast majority of media?
They control EDUCATION, most of government, the entertainment industry including sports, and 95%+ of the media. They are a fraction of society, but the media wants to make it seem like they are mainstream. They are not.

Old 08-06-2017, 05:26 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Easy answer. National Democrats like Hillary Clinton were bought and paid for by the globalists, corporate elite and the banksters in the finance industry. These are the same people who own and or control the basically 6 media conglomerates that control 95% of the MSM in the USA.

Old 08-06-2017, 06:55 AM

20,115 posts, read 9,032,117 times
Trump may buy CNN.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:13 AM

3,346 posts, read 1,270,200 times
Quote:
Let me guess, and you think Fox News is fair and balanced? Your views are so far-right, you think majority of media is "liberal". Whatever that means. Ask any person who identifies as "progressive", they will tell you opposite, they think media is too corporate, even NPR is becoming biased towards Republicans in their minds.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:19 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
CNN is losing viewers because they are anti Trump 24/7 and people are growing weary of it.
65% of Americans disagree with you.

Old 08-06-2017, 08:21 AM

34,065 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
Trump may buy CNN.
National Enquirer should buy them.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:11 AM

35,711 posts, read 21,076,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
CNN - horrible ratings.

FOX - #1 ratings.

Ratings = money.

Not hard to understand at all.
honey we all know SEX sells!!

Old 08-06-2017, 10:30 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinytrump View Post
CNN ain't going anywhere- FOX flies however- just dropping with pants down, one by one

LOL a rep and thanks for the best laugh on City Data today

Yeah I see the low information, emotional thinkers and trolls are back. I guess reading the article is too much work, so are facts. " CNN has the most watched Q2 ratings ever." Stephenson said "He was committed to continuing the editorial independence of CNN." That great, but what people say and what people do are often two different animals. Just look at our president.

Selling CNN while the ratings are so high might be a good financial decision. It also might be good if it went to a network not so involved with Trump. At&T gave 2mil to Trumps inauguration? Hmmm. Kudos for not spouting FOX rhetoric and being independent. Could that change with deregulation, a monopoly, and pressure from a Trump influenced FCC?

Trump hasn't the power to control the media yet, so it's no wonder he spouts his fake news rhetoric with a network that paints him in a fact based light. What's the best way to destroy credibility? Hire trolls to print fake news (Hannity and FOX) and disparage credible networks with as much mud as possible.

So easy to see unless you're part of the low information, emotional thinker crowd.

I hope who ever buys CNN keeps it honest. Yes they fell prey to over zealous reporters, but they did the right thing and admitted it. That booster their credibility up a notch for me.

Any time I get to see Adam Shift on CNN or any other network makes my day. I swear I'm desperately in love with him. Poor John I think I accidentally called his name when we were being intimate.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies