Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 10:32 AM

27,214 posts, read 46,767,070 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
Good. CNN and tmz are both sleazy . CNN or tmz would not be popular in Texas headquarters of AT&T . Cnn might be sold to cbs but even then shareholders are nervous having such a hated network. Hopefully all these talented journalists at CNN and tmz can find work elsewhere

https://www.google.com/amp/deadline....202140037/amp/
That's great news!

CNN and other sleazy companies should all be together so it is easier to avoid them.

I reduced watching CNN by cutting down 80-90% of my prior watching habits as it is no longer comparing and being open to what other networks have to say as CNN is not a new network but just a propaganda network and of none importance!!!

Not watching them is enjoying life much better
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-06-2017, 12:11 PM

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post
LOL a rep and thanks for the best laugh on City Data today

Yeah I see the low information, emotional thinkers and trolls are back. I guess reading the article is too much work, so are facts. " CNN has the most watched Q2 ratings ever." Stephenson said "He was committed to continuing the editorial independence of CNN." That great, but what people say and what people do are often two different animals. Just look at our president.

Selling CNN while the ratings are so high might be a good financial decision. It also might be good if it went to a network not so involved with Trump. At&T gave 2mil to Trumps inauguration? Hmmm. Kudos for not spouting FOX rhetoric and being independent. Could that change with deregulation, a monopoly, and pressure from a Trump influenced FCC?

Trump hasn't the power to control the media yet, so it's no wonder he spouts his fake news rhetoric with a network that paints him in a fact based light. What's the best way to destroy credibility? Hire trolls to print fake news (Hannity and FOX) and disparage credible networks with as much mud as possible.

So easy to see unless you're part of the low information, emotional thinker crowd.

I hope who ever buys CNN keeps it honest. Yes they fell prey to over zealous reporters, but they did the right thing and admitted it. That booster their credibility up a notch for me.

Any time I get to see Adam Shift on CNN or any other network makes my day. I swear I'm desperately in love with him. Poor John I think I accidentally called his name when we were being intimate.
You call out adam shiffs name during lovemaking? good lord, liberals have reached rock bottom

https://twitter.com/BiloHak/status/885159149356556289

Old 08-06-2017, 12:13 PM

38,936 posts, read 23,912,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
CNN is losing viewers because they are anti Trump 24/7 and people are growing weary of it.
I would say that the Project Vertias video that was used as "fact" (given their track record, I wouldn't put weight into them) that has hurt CNN especially in the last month, month and a half.

Quote:
TMZ is a ridiculous celebrity news show that is sometimes funny. My wife still watches it but more and more all they seem to highlight are rappers acting like idiots at the strip club, the latest rap guy and girl fights and who is going to or getting out of prison. It is still fast celebrity news but it is often about people I have never heard of and don't care to.
I don't follow it because most times it is paparazzi issues and not real news.

Quote:
I wouldn't call either CNN or TMZ toxic but they certainly have a limited audience.
No it is typical of buyouts. Saul Steinberg was set to buyout Disney during the heyday of leveraged buyouts and was looking to sell off different divisions of the company off for profit of the initial buy. That or be paid more by the other investors to dump him.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:31 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,648,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooby Snacks View Post
65% of Americans disagree with you.
How silly. CNN's daily viewership isn't even 1% of the American population.

This speaks for itself.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by animalcrazy View Post

So easy to see unless you're part of the low information, emotional thinker crowd.
The word is "deplorable" dear.

It didn't work for Hillary Clinton as argument either.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:37 PM

17,155 posts, read 12,970,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
CNN is losing viewers because they are anti Trump 24/7 and people are growing weary of it.
Quote:
65% of Americans disagree with you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly. CNN's daily viewership isn't even 1% of the American population.

This speaks for itself.
Selectively reading again, Waldo? And you have to rehash that "Speaking for itself" line again. So I'll let the real statistics speak for themselves. 65% of Americans are anti-Trump. And before you go posting the November 2016 electoral college map again, let me remind you Trump has a job to do for four years after he is elected. It isn't just about winning, which is why 65% of Americans now dislike him.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:40 PM

Quote:
So I'll let the real statistics speak for themselves. 65% of Americans are anti-Trump...
Incorrect.

Now you are telling us what 208,000,000 other people think.

Trump Derangement at its best.

The only thing you can tell us is how much you hate Trump, and your posts make this apparent.

Old 08-06-2017, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by odanny View Post
CNN has so greatly upset the Snowflake in Chief and his cult that they must be doing something right. When you've reached the present status of CNN in Trumplandia you have gotten too close to the truth.

Great job CNN, keep it up. (Outside of Fareed Zakaria I hardly watch it, but with all the CNN hate from wingnuts I'm going to give them another look)
Yet it is you who pepper your posts with insults. This indicates who is really upset.

Actions speak for themselves.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:28 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanative10 View Post
You call out adam shiffs name during lovemaking? good lord, liberals have reached rock bottom

https://twitter.com/BiloHak/status/885159149356556289

A. I'm not a liberal. I'm a patriot and an independent.

B. Troll rhetoric makes you look weak and ineffective.

C. Develop a sense of humor.

D. Adam Schiff is my hero. He's a fair minded steady Eddie with a pension for the truth. Unlike our president.

E. It's Adam Schiff's, not adam shiffs. Are you part of the low information crowd?

F. Thank you for the rep, but "Adam Schiff crush too." Sorry he's mine Well, only in my dreams.

Old 08-07-2017, 08:35 AM

18,759 posts, read 11,802,578 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
The word is "deplorable" dear.

It didn't work for Hillary Clinton as argument either.

Sorry dear, but I prefer emotional thinker and low information over deplorable. People who believe only what they want to believe and spout off emotional rhetoric aren't deplorable. They're misguided. Pedophiles are deplorable. Murderers are deplorable. Emotional thinkers unwilling to do research and accept fact? Deplorable? Nah. Hillary was dead wrong.

Last edited by animalcrazy; 08-07-2017 at 08:45 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies