Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-06-2017, 10:40 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
Yes you did. Go back and read your own post. If you don't understand what you said then you are just making yourself look sillier with each post.
What's so hard for you to understand?

A. Marijuana is a gateway drug
B. Opium is another drug
C. Theoretically, marijuana can lead to an epidemic LIKE opioids, amphetamines, etc., especially if we eventually legalize those.

Maybe the leap was too big for you to comprehend there.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:40 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Amending the Constitution to give the federal government the authority.

vs.

Taking our liberty by command, without the constitutional authority.

Buzzed driving is drunk driving.
Thanks for stating the obvious.

I don't want people to smoke or drink and then go driving.

BentBow, this is not a thread for you unless you have some InfoWars to add.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:41 AM

17,273 posts, read 9,560,145 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dog8food View Post
We're already nearing a methamphetamine epidemic--most abusers started on softer drugs. And show me where most heroin addicts didn't first smoke weed.
I'll tell you what they started on: alcohol.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:42 AM

2,407 posts, read 1,505,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whogo View Post
So you did all these things when weed was illegal. Why would you have acted differently if weed was legal?

I actually always preferred alcohol as a teen. Weed was easier to get. Stopped using weed soon after i was able to walk into a liquor store and buy beer legally.
I did none of the sort. I was proving a point to the previous poster that anecdotes mean nothing. Essentially, his story can be believed as much as mine, or anyone else's.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:43 AM

10,513 posts, read 5,166,113 times
It's funny how during the Prohibition many of the red states were big on illegal stills and running moonshine. The moonshiners would modify their cars to outrun the cops -- which is how NASCAR come to be. Yet, despite that history, those same red states are strongly against weed. It doesn't make a lot of sense.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:43 AM

12,566 posts, read 10,617,630 times
Quote:
What's so hard for you to understand?

A. Marijuana is a gateway drug
B. Opium is another drug
C. Theoretically, marijuana can lead to an epidemic LIKE opioids, amphetamines, etc., especially if we eventually legalize those.

Maybe the leap was too big for you to comprehend there.
No leap.

A. Marijuana is not a gateway drug
B. Opium is another drug
C. You compared marijuana to opium meaning it is addictive.

You are not being smarter than the majority posters on the thread you started.

Again provide evidence it is a gateway drug. As someone mention above answer the question on whether or not alcohol is a gateway drug. Provide evidence that pot is addictive.

You can't.

Old 08-06-2017, 10:44 AM

3,129 posts, read 1,332,443 times
Quote:
Okay. I smoked weed when I was a teen. That led to alcoholism AFTER my marijuana use. Subsequently, this led to my addiction to heroin and opioids respectively.

So now my personal anecdote challenges yours. Uh-oh. Who can be correct?
Pot led to alcoholism? I doubt it. I submit that if you had skipped the pot phase, you would have still been led to alcoholism.

The path from Milk -> Ice Tea -> Beer -> Cigarettes -> Bourbon -> Pot -> Cocaine -> Heroin -> Meth is complete from beginning to end even if you remove parts from the middle or re-arrange them.

So to pick on pot specifically isn't logical. You have to have a certain predisposition to make it all the way to hard drugs. Pot has nothing to do with that, and millions of users throughout the world will tell you that.

37,203 posts, read 19,200,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ailurophile2001 View Post
I'm sorry, did you not say this?

Please explain why you said it if you were not comparing opioids to marijuana. And while you're at it, please prove that marijuana is a gateway drug. And no, Reefer Madness is not a documentary, so it doesn't count as evidence.
Reefer Madness was put out as another republican scare tactic because J. Edgar Hoover and Harry Anslinger wanted a way to control black Americans. It is a total package of bull****, not a documentary.

8,061 posts, read 4,885,782 times
Marijuana is nasty. I have grower here in AZ who comes in for Co2 for growth. They smell really bad and their vehicles they use is totally ruined. Nasty habit!

Give me a good Chilled glass of Riesling any day!

Old 08-06-2017, 10:45 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,094,955 times
Quote:
I'm really tired of this type of response.

Why do I care? Because I live in the same society. Because, believe it or not, marijuana IS in fact a gateway drug for many, illicit drug use CONTINUES to be on the rise, I am against any substance that alters cognitive function, and prefer not to raise my family in such environments.

Remember China's opium problem? It started out as medicinal use. Well eventually 30% of the adult male population used it. There were concentrated areas where people walked/layed around like morphine patients. Not to mention the adverse societal effects it had, such as on families.

Enough with these "how does this affect you" nonsense. Everything that happens affects everyone else in some way or another.
Then everything you don't like should be illegal?

You can say you're "tired of that response" but you are actually just saying that you want to control people's lives and your tired of being told that. You know that it's a point of view that likely contradicts many other views you have, and you don't like being told that.

Speaking of gateways drugs, how many of those people who you say started with pot probably stole beer from their dad? Or smoked a cigarette? We only call marijuana a gateway drug because it's the first illicit substance many people start using, but a lot of those people have been drinking before they start smoking pot.

At the end of the day, what people do in their own homes should be their business. I don't think people should be able to tell their kids that if they are gay they'll burn in hell for eternity, but guess what, I have to accept that they have rights and are allowed to do this, no matter how descriptive and untrue that may be. Indeed, we do live in a society.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies