Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you support a preemptive nuclear strike?
Yes; it's the quickest, most decisive way to neutralize a threat casualties and political fallout be damned 51 15.13%
No; Nuclear weapons should only be used should the enemy strike first with a nuclear weapon 286 84.87%
Voters: 337. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2017, 09:16 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,944,294 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
For some reason people seem perfectly willing to abdicate the power to destroy the entire planet into the hands of the few.
Tell me, were y'all as concerned while the last guy was throwing bombs in seven countries?
The rhetoric and tempo of tests and aggression has stepped up over the past few unfettered years - haven't you noticed this?

You know, we're damned if we do and damned if we don't. If we ignore him, he DOESN'T GO AWAY. If we snarl back at him, he DOESN'T GO AWAY. Diplomacy doesn't work, patience doesn't work - what works with NK? From where I sit - well, nothing so far.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:19 AM

15,823 posts, read 12,467,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
What the hell is wrong with you people? This guy is not rational. He has his sights on conquest.
His weapons are for deterrence not conquest. Who do you think he wants to conquest?

Old 08-10-2017, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Illegal? Based upon our laws Trump won.
Diplomacy only works when both sides are open to compromise or a non-military resolution.
NK basically spit in Obama's face. GWB swung and missed. Clinton choked as well.
2 weeks ago the left was crying that Trump needs to do something. I asked what they suggested. None answered. I understand why. I don't fault them either. Their is no reasoning with someone like Kim. The only ones with any kind of influence over NK is China.
Bingo - can't rep you again.

And is it in China's best interests to influence NK? If not, I don't see them doing it.

You know what's a bad combo? NK, China, and Russia. They are natural allies. Does this concern anyone else but me?

Old 08-10-2017, 09:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCityDreamer View Post
The NK threat has been building for decades. This is the 11th hour and it's just about time to take out the lunatic over there.

If Kim launches an attack on Guam, then it's done. GAME OVER.
Yeah and I guess it will suck to be my son and his wife. Sacrificed for some cause or the other, who knows?

Old 08-10-2017, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I think you need a history lesson in Korean history. The Norths long held goal is the unification of the Korean peninsula. Actually lobbing bombs around or attacking the South is not the objective, negotiation is. The problem is that neither China, Russia or the US want that to happen for reasons of their own.
Hey, guess who else doesn't want it to happen? The South Koreans.

And I can't say too much for the wooing style of North Korea when it comes to trying to "unify" with South Korea.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:25 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,223,977 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JGMotorsport64 View Post
After contemplating the potential outcomes of various scenarios, I've come to the conclusion that the best response to Kim Jong-un's threat to launch missiles at Guam is to immediately launch Trump into the sea.
I think you reached that conclusion long before any contemplation. Fact is, the left hates Trump and there is nothing - absolutely nothing - that Trump could do that wouldn't have the left complaining.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:27 AM
Status: "“If a thing loves, it is infinite.”" (set 3 days ago)

27,185 posts, read 13,469,799 times
The US needs to fly Dennis Rodman in to Guam and to use him as a human shield.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:27 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lieneke View Post
Diplomacy, which is typically expected of a president, has been absent in Trump from the beginning.
"Diplomacy" is what has led us to this predicament and has proven to be totally ineffective at deterring North Korea (or Iran).

Old 08-10-2017, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffrow1 View Post
I think you need a history lesson in Korean history. The Norths long held goal is the unification of the Korean peninsula. Actually lobbing bombs around or attacking the South is not the objective, negotiation is. The problem is that neither China, Russia or the US want that to happen for reasons of their own.
I think you need the history lesson. The North didn't try to accomplish their goal of unification in 1950 by negotiation but by militarily attacking. They have clearly demonstrated their objective in the past.

Old 08-10-2017, 09:34 AM

52,431 posts, read 26,636,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kracer View Post

When will some one realize NK, Iran are in league and share nuke info and use each other as a research lab? So glad obama financed Iran with 150 billion dollars and to make things worse sold russia uranium which they redistributed to iran and NK.

Pock E ston, Valerie, where is Pock E Ston?
Yep. Obama enabled the Iranian Nuke program with he & Kerry's appeasement of the dictators there. This even with knowledge that Iran & NK have been doing technology exchanges for quite some time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies