Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 07:36 AM

27,658 posts, read 16,147,064 times

Advertisements

Is the splc or pew keeping tabs of the rabid leftist hate crime wave?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My opinion...do you really think this is a story that belongs on National News? I don't.

The shooter was a definite nutso who hates Trump.

I just don't think this story is worthy of national media attention.

That said, you have wackadoodles and fringe members on each side. .
If it were reversed you can bet the leftist state media would run it nationally. It would fit thier false narrative perfectly. Imagine if the colors were correct too, lotsa milage
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 07:42 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,419,437 times
Given how frequently the right tells us lefties are afraid of guns, don't own any, and would like them all removed from society, this couldn't possibly have been the work of a leftist, just a garden variety nut job.

Old 08-11-2017, 07:43 AM

8,224 posts, read 3,501,337 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Might be time for Republicans to lay low.
Nah. Trump banner on both my trucks, and Bikers for Trump shirt when I'm on the Harley.

Old 08-11-2017, 11:55 AM

12,043 posts, read 6,576,479 times
Too bad more democrats won't allege that they are nuts.....

Old 08-11-2017, 01:14 PM

24,502 posts, read 17,250,696 times
Quote:
As violent as you all seem to believe lefties are, I'm surprised folks will come out of their homes at all these days.

Well from what I have seen since the election where members of the party of tolerance and diversity have torn down Trump signs, destroyed public and private property, bullied, shouted down and beat up on people for no reason other then they are wearing a hat or T shirt that supports Trump. There have been protests, riots, looting, burning to block a conservatives right to free speech.
We have seen evidence of this time and again on CNN and elsewhere.

How soon we forget the idiot that shot up the Republican baseball practice and if not for the brave Capitol Police it would have been a blood bath.

I'm sure that there are those on the Right who do such terrible things to members on the Left but we seldom hear about it which might actually mean that it seldom happens and I have certainly never seen it in person like I have some of the above examples.

Even a casual observer has to admit that there are those on the Left that have become totally unhinged since the election.

Old 08-11-2017, 01:43 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NY_refugee87 View Post
Nah. Trump banner on both my trucks, and Bikers for Trump shirt when I'm on the Harley.
No one cares.

Anyways, he POS was caught and will probably be punished appropriately, so...?

Oh well, it's not national news. Just like it's not national news another white guy murdered a cop in cold blood the other day. So yeah.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:11 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
As violent as you all seem to believe lefties are, I'm surprised folks will come out of their homes at all these days.
We believe? You mean know. I wonder if this "tolerant" guy was wearing his wife beater tank when he did this.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:14 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,531,839 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
Sounds like the guy has some serious mental illness issues. Sad all around.
Thank goodness everyone is aware that the actions of this crazy person don't have anything to do with the tens of millions of registered democrats.
Nor is he representative of legitimate gun owners.
Not everything is political. Maybe he was just a butter head. The signs were just an afterthought.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:16 PM

41,110 posts, read 25,750,585 times
Quote:
My opinion...do you really think this is a story that belongs on National News? I don't. The victim was a county GOP committeeman. Not some high ranking member of the GOP establishment that would garner national news. More importantly, these two were neighbors, which is the more defining relationship. Maybe they've had words over politics; who knows.

Actually, was Michael Brown some big tadoo? How well known does someone have to be to be considered national news? Obviously it depends on the media's agenda and they surely don't want yet another example of leftist hate. And someone got murdered by a leftist who didn't like the opposing view over a "President". That's national.

Lesson here:
Express opposing views to a leftist... you could end up dead... pfft, and you call the right intolerant wow!

Old 08-11-2017, 02:22 PM

37,803 posts, read 41,031,367 times
Quote:
My opinion...do you really think this is a story that belongs on National News? I don't. The victim was a county GOP committeeman. Not some high ranking member of the GOP establishment that would garner national news. More importantly, these two were neighbors, which is the more defining relationship. Maybe they've had words over politics; who knows.

That said, you have wackadoodles and fringe members on each side. Don't even try to say they don't exist on the Republican side. They do. Right now, things are going very well for Republicans. They are #winning. The crazies on the Republican side are pacified and happy. The crazies on the Dem side are VERY unhappy. Combine crazy, unhappiness, guns, and rhetoric (on both sides) with, as I said, CRAZY, and you've got a recipe for disaster.
If the neighbor victim was a Muslim or black would it be a worthy national news item?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies