Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 02:28 PM

9,338 posts, read 7,109,569 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by chucksnee View Post
Sure they are, I mean, if it was a person on the right, CNN would be tagging all trump supporters...
I certainly would not. I'm a very reasonable person. If one Trump supporter shot and killed a democrat, I would not say something stupid like "Oh my god, all Trump supporters are murdering nutjobs!"

Unlike what many Trumpers tried to do when that crazy guy in VA shot Scalise.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 02:32 PM

18,757 posts, read 11,794,120 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChristineVA View Post
My opinion...do you really think this is a story that belongs on National News? I don't. The victim was a county GOP committeeman. Not some high ranking member of the GOP establishment that would garner national news. More importantly, these two were neighbors, which is the more defining relationship. Maybe they've had words over politics; who knows.

The shooter was a definite nutso who hates Trump.

I just don't think this story is worthy of national media attention.

That said, you have wackadoodles and fringe members on each side. Don't even try to say they don't exist on the Republican side. They do. Right now, things are going very well for Republicans. They are #winning. The crazies on the Republican side are pacified and happy. The crazies on the Dem side are VERY unhappy. Combine crazy, unhappiness, guns, and rhetoric (on both sides) with, as I said, CRAZY, and you've got a recipe for disaster.

How do we know the guy wasn't an independent? Crazy is crazy. One size does not fit all and troll rhetoric is weak. It just inspires ignorance and hate. It shouldn't be us against them partisan bs. We are all Americans. Mental illness is just that. It is not a side effect of being a Democrat or Republican.

Old 08-11-2017, 02:37 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skins_fan82 View Post
I certainly would not. I'm a very reasonable person. If one Trump supporter shot and killed a democrat, I would not say something stupid like "Oh my god, all Trump supporters are murdering nutjobs!"
Unlike what many Trumpers tried to do when that crazy guy in VA shot Scalise.
Be that as it may, I recall reading that most of the school shootings and serial murders have been perpetrated by registered democrats. I'll do some research later.
"It could happen?"

Old 08-11-2017, 02:55 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,173,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Actually, was Michael Brown some big tadoo? How well known does someone have to be to be considered national news? Obviously it depends on the media's agenda and they surely don't want yet another example of leftist hate. And someone got murdered by a leftist who didn't like the opposing view over a "President". That's national.

Lesson here:
Express opposing views to a leftist... you could end up dead... pfft, and you call the right intolerant wow!
I hope you're smarter than that. How quickly we forget the guy who shot up the PP clinic.

Sometimes these bipartisan richard measuring contests are so absurd, that people think their party is so perfect and they don't have their fair share of crazies.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
If the neighbor victim was a Muslim or black would it be a worthy national news item?
If a cop is killed by a black person instead of a white person, would it be a worthy national news it..oh wait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
Be that as it may, I recall reading that most of the school shootings and serial murders have been perpetrated by registered democrats. I'll do some research later.
"It could happen?"
How ridiculous. Why stop there. They tend to be male and white. Your point, if you even have one?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:13 PM

8,166 posts, read 8,525,471 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
<>How ridiculous. Why stop there. They tend to be male and white. Your point, if you even have one?
We have to be careful of those internet memes. Snopes has an article debunking the meme. I found this on the Philly Inquirer site: 12/2015:
"Sen. Ted Cruz misrepresented an academic study when he claimed that the
“overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats.”
The claim is based on research that found a majority of ex-felons in three states
registered as Democrats. But that was a study of all ex-felons,
not just violent criminals, as Cruz framed it. "
Guessing that study covered a lot of criminal activity?

Old 08-11-2017, 03:30 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,839,973 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cape Cod Todd View Post
If it was the other way around where a Trump supporting Republican shot a Democrat the media would be all over it and to further their agenda would slap a NRA sticker on the shooters truck.

All we keep hearing from the Left and the media is that Trumps rhetoric is going to get people killed but it is actually the Lefties that have been the most violent. Go figure?

Todd, there are enough nut cases on both sides to go around. If you somehow think the Democrats have an exclusive on having crazy people, you are simply thinking that way to bolster your own agenda.

I guess we are going to have to start branding people's foreheads with an R or a D so that when they commit some heinous act we can keep a scorecard.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:32 PM

3,913 posts, read 5,229,601 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
As violent as you all seem to believe lefties are, I'm surprised folks will come out of their homes at all these days.
Can you guarantee us the left will stay home during the next election? We're cool with the rest of the time for them to come and go as they please....small ask...

Old 08-11-2017, 03:36 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Might be time for Republicans to lay low.

Packing heat 24/7

Old 08-11-2017, 03:37 PM

16,583 posts, read 8,605,677 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He shot him in the head and then after the victim went down and was on the ground, he shot him in the head again on the victim's property. The neighbors say the killer was volatile and had run-ins with other neighbors but he obviously didn't kill any of them, just the GOP Committeeman.

Amazingly or not so amazingly, some news stories don't mention his home made anti-Trump signs or that the victim was a GOP Committeeman. Do you see why we hate the news media? Here's an example of that:

West Goshen homicide defendant had history of violence at home

I can think of 2 reasons why this isn't all over the national news.

1. One side doesn't want to tell you an anti-Trump Democrat killed a Republican local official.
2. The other side doesn't want to tell you a crazy man had a gun.
I haven't heard of this story, but it wouldn't surpise me if true.

Rest assured if the roles had been reversed, it would be all over the MSM proclaiming "right wing terrorism" or some such nonsense for weeks or months.
But when people are motivated by leftist/liberal ideology and seek to harm Republicans, the narrative is insanity, not harping endlessly on political motivation.

`

Old 08-11-2017, 03:38 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,617,602 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
We have to be careful of those internet memes. Snopes has an article debunking the meme. I found this on the Philly Inquirer site: 12/2015:
"Sen. Ted Cruz misrepresented an academic study when he claimed that the
“overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats.”
The claim is based on research that found a majority of ex-felons in three states
registered as Democrats. But that was a study of all ex-felons,
not just violent criminals, as Cruz framed it. "
Guessing that study covered a lot of criminal activity?

69% of all violent crime and 53% of murders are committed by our fellow black Americans, that only make up 13% of our total population......

That 13% vote Democrat 98% of the time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies