Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-11-2017, 03:39 PM

19,788 posts, read 22,688,984 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vector1 View Post
I haven't heard of this story, but it wouldn't surpise me if true.

Rest assured if the roles had been reversed, it would be all over the MSM proclaiming "right wing terrorism" or some such nonsense for weeks or months.
But when people are motivated by leftist/liberal ideology and seek to harm Republicans, the narrative is insanity, not harping endlessly on political motivation.

`
It's either side of the extremes. I hate both of them equally.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2017, 03:40 PM

1,229 posts, read 859,775 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LauraC View Post
He shot him in the head and then after the victim went down and was on the ground, he shot him in the head again on the victim's property. The neighbors say the killer was volatile and had run-ins with other neighbors but he obviously didn't kill any of them, just the GOP Committeeman.

Amazingly or not so amazingly, some news stories don't mention his home made anti-Trump signs or that the victim was a GOP Committeeman. Do you see why we hate the news media? Here's an example of that:

West Goshen homicide defendant had history of violence at home

I can think of 2 reasons why this isn't all over the national news.

1. One side doesn't want to tell you an anti-Trump Democrat killed a Republican local official.
2. The other side doesn't want to tell you a crazy man had a gun.
This exactly what the globalists want :

They want the entire population balkanized and at war with each other - so it doesn't not become unified and come after them.

Sad but true.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,403,590 times
What a pathetic thread! This man had a history of violence and to turn it into an us versus them is particularly repulsive given how everyone is so polarized. People on this board need to grow the hell up.

As far as that rag that is called the Daily Caller, anything to make a few bucks from its clueless readers apparently.

Last edited by TreeBeard; 08-11-2017 at 03:58 PM..

Old 08-11-2017, 03:44 PM

8,793 posts, read 8,169,514 times
So, this D killed a R. Does that mean that all Ds are killers? Or does it mean that we just haven't heard of a R killing a D in a while. It's not like that never happened before. I also wonder if these extreme politically motivated killings are usually related to who is in and who is out of power?

From now on wherever there is a murder I suggest the cops do an intensive investigation to find out the political party of both the victim and the accused. That way we can easily keep score. Otherwise, what's the point?

Or. We can all grow up and realize ad acknowledge there are nuts on both sides and that trying to keep score like this is childish political nuttery too.

Old 08-11-2017, 03:45 PM

404 posts, read 193,634 times
Quote:
He shot him in the head and then after the victim went down and was on the ground, he shot him in the head again on the victim's property. The neighbors say the killer was volatile and had run-ins with other neighbors but he obviously didn't kill any of them, just the GOP Committeeman.

Amazingly or not so amazingly, some news stories don't mention his home made anti-Trump signs or that the victim was a GOP Committeeman. Do you see why we hate the news media? Here's an example of that:

West Goshen homicide defendant had history of violence at home

I can think of 2 reasons why this isn't all over the national news.

1. One side doesn't want to tell you an anti-Trump Democrat killed a Republican local official.
2. The other side doesn't want to tell you a crazy man had a gun.

Ah, no worries. Less media coverage of such disgusting crimes usually equates to more votes for Trump in 2020. Just imagine once we clean up the voters rolls, with more and more illegals deported or fleeing, there will be a popular and electoral vote majority of at least 3m come next election.

Old 08-11-2017, 05:32 PM

6,732 posts, read 5,176,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crashj007 View Post
We have to be careful of those internet memes. Snopes has an article debunking the meme. I found this on the Philly Inquirer site: 12/2015:
"Sen. Ted Cruz misrepresented an academic study when he claimed that the
“overwhelming majority of violent criminals are Democrats.â€
The claim is based on research that found a majority of ex-felons in three states
registered as Democrats. But that was a study of all ex-felons,
not just violent criminals, as Cruz framed it. "
Guessing that study covered a lot of criminal activity?
You're still missing the point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TreeBeard View Post
What a pathetic thread! This man had a history of violence and to turn it into an us versus them is particularly repulsive given how everyone is so polarized. People on this board need to grow the hell up.

As far as that rag that is called the Daily Caller, anything to make a few bucks from its clueless readers apparently.
Consider the source and posters and it's not surprising, at all.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:11 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Todd, there are enough nut cases on both sides to go around. If you somehow think the Democrats have an exclusive on having crazy people, you are simply thinking that way to bolster your own agenda.

I guess we are going to have to start branding people's foreheads with an R or a D so that when they commit some heinous act we can keep a scorecard.
Um, you're the guy that got caught red-handed blaming Trump for high gas prices while previously saying in another post during the Obama admin that the president doesn't impact gas prices.

As such, maybe you should shut your pie hole whining about other people "bolstering an agenda" because we all know if the guy had been an (R) you'd be in here screaming the same stuff Todd just did.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:14 PM

78,444 posts, read 60,640,522 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATG5 View Post
You're still missing the point.

Consider the source and posters and it's not surprising, at all.
Are you telling me you and Treebeard have never piled on over the bad actions of a lone nutjob to lambast Republicans?

Yes or no? Careful there...you might wind up in the Don hall of fame with this answer.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:21 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
Quote:
If the neighbor victim was a Muslim or black would it be a worthy national news item?
Nope, and since we have nothing yet in the way of motive..perhaps your conclusions are premature?

I'm not sure how you expect reasonable people to buy into the idea that political ideology colors every action.

Old 08-11-2017, 08:25 PM

4,996 posts, read 2,447,190 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Are you telling me you and Treebeard have never piled on over the bad actions of a lone nutjob to lambast Republicans?

Yes or no? Careful there...you might wind up in the Don hall of fame with this answer.
LoL..looks like the Mathguy can add 2+2 and get 4

You're free to browse my back posts..but I'm afraid you'd go to sleep--I',m boooor-ing--says my 7 yo grandson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies