Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 07:42 PM

4,713 posts, read 3,474,981 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Can you provide the specific link? And tell me what it proves/doesn't prove?
See post #1007. I won't 'tell' you anything. Everyone has to think for themselves.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:42 PM

3,100 posts, read 3,303,823 times
Basically anyone defending these alt-right guys automatically has no validity to their statements so don't even regard it with a response.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:43 PM

7,184 posts, read 4,770,186 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
There is a difference between supremacist and nationalist. According to Spencer they don't want to rule over other races. They want their own homeland and are more separatist than anything. White nationalist is a better term, but ethnic nationalist is the more media friendly term.

It's not about making them presentable. I really hate the knee jerk sensitivity many people on the left have about rationally explaining this new phenomena of nationalism. You can hate it, as do I, without being so emotional about it. Just because it's acceptable to clown on them it doesn't mean you always have to to win your virtue signaling badge.

I think they're repulsive and spread pseudo-science. But I don't believe in this "punch a Nazi" style extremism the left has adopted.
I saw footage: the swastika, next to the confederate flag, sign "white master race".

Don't tell me I'm sensitive. I don't like PC. You ARE trying to make them presentable. You're not fooling anybody.

This is no "phenomena". This is older than the hills. It is white SUPREMACISTS, racists, bigots, whiny losers and criminals. They're NAZIS and they're proud of it.

You don't like my tone, you're allowed to your opinion. I'm not falling for the PC white wash.

5,051 posts, read 3,583,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Yep. This is what I've been seeing as well, that antifa was actually throwing things at him.

Everything is rumor and speculation at this point, including so called "eye witnesses" on fake news CNN.

Also, note that this again was an infringement on 1st Amendment Rights of a group who had obtained a permit to have their demonstration in that area, legally. They had every right to be there.

Antifa and BLM also had their right to be there.

The problem starts, however, when antifa pukes start in on their violence, and they were the initiators of the violence. At one point, even BLM was having problems with antifa.

Further, you lefties can play your stupid word game by calling these people white supremacists, because you realize that "racist" is no longer taken seriously by anyone, anywhere in this country...people know what you're doing. The only people that are being fooled are other brain dead leftists. Changing the lable, as the left LOVES to do, does not make it true.

Antifa was violent, again, as usual, what a shocker, and the police did nothing.

Unsubstantiated reports at this time say that the person in the car was being attacked by antifa. We'll see.

You'll know if that's true because if it is, the left will drop the story like a hot potato and pretend it never happened.

If he wasn't, if he plowed in to people intentionally for no other reason than to cause the most serious harm he could possibly muster because he was all mad and hateful...then I have no problems with it if he's locked away for life, but he does not represent every Trump supporter.

Which is another word game the losers on the left like to play. (See, I can play those word games, too...why do you think I do it so much on here? I'm using your own bs and throwing it back in your faces.)

NONE of this had a thing to do with Trump. White nationalism is not a "Trump agenda", and if you actually think that, you need to be institutionalized.
You need to watch the videos. The Rightists are looking for a fight. Not every Trump supporter is a hateful racist. However, many hateful racists are Trump supporters.

“We are determined to take our country back. We are going to fulfill the promises of Donald Trump. That’s what we believed in, that’s why we voted for Donald Trump. Because he said he’s going to take our country back. That’s what we gotta do.”
-David Duke

20,955 posts, read 8,685,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilEyeFleegle View Post
I was wondering if these 'events' are just proxy wars--in the larger culture war.

As we sit avidly waiting for the next tidbit--watching the changing score
Culture war? If so, then you are saying one "side" is Nazi and the other believes in liberalism:

"Liberalism is a political philosophy or worldview founded on ideas of liberty and equality. Liberal philosophy generally emphasizes liberty, individualism, and support for limited constitutional government."

The fact that you even consider this as being the case is very troubling. Only the Confederates believed in enslaving people and total control over human beings like the Nazis. The Liberal Creed is the actual main ideal of our way of life.

But now we have a Nazi in the White House (Bannon....Trump isn't smart enough to be anything other than a con man)....

Maybe a battle for the soul of American needs to be fought again? But with Trump polling in the low 30% it would seem that liberal and progressive values would still win the day.

4,745 posts, read 5,577,110 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by texan2yankee View Post
The Democrats have pushed identity politics to the extreme and consistently shamed white men by telling them they are bad people because of their skin color and gender. It is no surprise there is a push back and extreme reaction from the far right male population. I don't agree with these men and find their behavior despicable, but am not surprised and neither should the Far Left be surprised.
Are you kidding me? White men complaining about discrimination? You must be joking. White people have to be the biggest hypocrites on Earth.

10,553 posts, read 9,654,874 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
There was no peaceful protest. There was a clash between the two camps. And also not everyone in the protest was Alt Right, just like not everyone in the far left camp was BLM or Anti-FA, but the reality is that the clashes were between Alt-Right and Far Left.

This guy in the vehicle whether he was alt-right or not is murderer and will be held to the fullest extent of the law. He didn't have a mission that he believed was given to him by Allah.
You think that a guy who purposefully drove his car at high speed into a crowd of people didn't have a mission? It looks like his beliefs were as strongly felt as any violent Islamic extremist's. He murdered an innocent woman based on his twisted hateful beliefs. He's a domestic terrorist.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:44 PM

25,454 posts, read 9,817,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I support Trump and want to know what the new leftist dividing word Alt Right means? Just what am I , so described by the radical left who loves to label and divide.
Alt right is the extreme right. Such as the people at the rally in Charlottesville.

20,873 posts, read 9,550,882 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
I support Trump and want to know what the new leftist dividing word Alt Right means?
Uh, the term alt-right was coined by either Paul Gottfried, a paleoconservative, or Richard Spencer, a white supremacist. Hardly some new "leftist" dividing word.

4,713 posts, read 3,474,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
There's a right wing female blogger spreading fake news...saying the local police think the driver was fearful and was afraid of the protesters. There are no statements from the local police and that same right wing blogger always sides with the right for all her social media comments.
Regardless, there were no policemen on the scene. They came later...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies