Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-12-2017, 07:53 PM

25,461 posts, read 9,817,016 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
The Democrat party and the media has always been the party of racists. They were the party of slavery, Jim Crow, and the KKK. They're still racist, but they determined that now it's more lucrative to be racist against white people.
The old Democrat Party is today's Republican Party. Do your research.

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did they have a permit to surround a church filled with parishioners, mostly black, while carrying lit torches and chanting their white supremacist BS? Try to forget the partisan politics of this for a minute and think how you would feel if that happened to you while you were in church. I think it constitutes terrorism, I can't even think of another term to describe it.
Was the church on campus? I am assuming it was or near it. If so, they were doing their little silly chants around the church which was on the site where they were legally permitted to gather.

19,788 posts, read 22,688,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovetosave View Post
Message from Charlottesville: White people can only assemble if they're liberals.
No- you can assemble. Drop the Nazi flags, confederate flags and all is good. Ya know- hate speech comes at a price...

Old 08-12-2017, 07:54 PM

30,274 posts, read 23,751,941 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ellemint View Post
Protesting against people carrying Nazi flags does not make you an extremist yourself. Refusing to tolerate hatred does not make you an extremist. There is no moral equivalency between protesting in the name of hate and "white rights" vs. protesting against hatred and racism. Hundreds of thousands of Americans died fighting the Nazis, and American patriots rightfully hate the Nazi symbol.
Protesting doesn't make you an extremist. Using violence every single time you show up to stop a rally that you don't like DOES, and that's why antifa is extremist. There's plenty of evidence of antifa attacking Unite the Right, initiating the violence.

Antifa is pro Communism. Are you pro Communism? Why do you support what they do? Why do you make excuses for what they do? They don't protest peacefully, they disrupt, they destroy, the set things on fire, they injure people, they use violence, they tell the cops to f themselves and die (and then scream for the cops when one of their own gets hurt from their own actions...which I always find hilarious, f-en babies), their entire point of going anywhere is to cause a problem.

Right now we have one person in a car who killed protesters.

That's all we know. We don't know the motive.

So what does the left and media do? Ignore ALL of the violence by antifa, who again, were so violent and disruptive that even BLM was having a problem with them...antifa members pets...that's how they treat black people..like pets that need to be taken care of...so the media ignores all of that, ignores that the police didn't do their job, ignores that 1st Amendment Rights were violated, ignores it all and focuses on the car incident, calls people on the right "Nazis and terrorists" and the bloomin idiots on the left are too stupid to see how wrong that is.

I mean wrong in more than one way, but for the left, it's wrong for even you that a city can violate your 1st Amendment Rights at their whim. WHY THE HELL DOES THE LEFT SUPPORT THAT?

You give government an inch, they will take the rest of it when you aren't looking, and it will affect the stupid lefties, too!

Focus on the real problem here! Stop sucking up for the Communist aholes in antifa and focus on the problem...do you not see what is going on? Do you NOT see it? DO YOU REALLY NOT SEE IT?

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
Did anyone else catch Fox news commentators and the usually Republican open borders, globalist suspects like Rubio, McCain, Hatch etc put all the blame on the alt-right (and none on the left) and calling them all "supremacist", "racists", "haters" even "evil" and they should be investigated and snuffed out. Is there any wonder why there is anger from the alt-right and why the anger is only going to increase.

3,615 posts, read 2,333,111 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 2sleepy View Post
Did they have a permit to surround a church filled with parishioners, mostly black, while carrying lit torches and chanting their white supremacist BS? Try to forget the partisan politics of this for a minute and think how you would feel if that happened to you while you were in church. I think it constitutes terrorism, I can't even think of another term to describe it.
what are you talking about, no one surrounded a church

Old 08-12-2017, 07:55 PM

42,850 posts, read 26,301,017 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by radiolibre99 View Post
Was the church on campus? If so, wouldn't that just mean that they were protesting near the church and shouting their slogans. I am not saying that it was right or moral or anything like that but that the article might be misleading, IDK.
Here's another article I don't think they were just "protesting near the church" but it appears that you are going to defend them come hell or high water
https://www.episcopalcafe.com/clergy...t-right-rally/

Old 08-12-2017, 07:55 PM

10,097 posts, read 10,017,051 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Three Wolves In Snow View Post
Protesting doesn't make you an extremist. Using violence every single time you show up to stop a rally that you don't like DOES, and that's why antifa is extremist. There's plenty of evidence of antifa attacking Unite the Right, initiating the violence.

Antifa is pro Communism. Are you pro Communism? Why do you support what they do? Why do you make excuses for what they do? They don't protest peacefully, they disrupt, they destroy, the set things on fire, they injure people, they use violence, they tell the cops to f themselves and die (and then scream for the cops when one of their own gets hurt from their own actions...which I always find hilarious, f-en babies), their entire point of going anywhere is to cause a problem.

Right now we have one person in a car who killed protesters.

That's all we know. We don't know the motive.

So what does the left and media do? Ignore ALL of the violence by antifa, who again, were so violent and disruptive that even BLM was having a problem with them...antifa members pets...that's how they treat black people..like pets that need to be taken care of...so the media ignores all of that, ignores that the police didn't do their job, ignores that 1st Amendment Rights were violated, ignores it all and focuses on the car incident, calls people on the right "Nazis and terrorists" and the bloomin idiots on the left are too stupid to see how wrong that is.

I mean wrong in more than one way, but for the left, it's wrong for even you that a city can violate your 1st Amendment Rights at their whim. WHY THE HELL DOES THE LEFT SUPPORT THAT?

You give government an inch, they will take the rest of it when you aren't looking, and it will affect the stupid lefties, too!

Focus on the real problem here! Stop sucking up for the Communist aholes in antifa and focus on the problem...do you not see what is going on? Do you NOT see it? DO YOU REALLY NOT SEE IT?
These left wingers are hypocrites. They get upset at Nazi flags and Neo-Confederates because of the racial violence in their past but don't get equally upset when Commies and Anarchists are in their midst protesting against the fascists. Communists and Anarchists have a history of violence that is on par with the Nazis. Anti-Fa are mostly Communists and Anarchists.

Old 08-12-2017, 07:57 PM

7,489 posts, read 4,959,146 times
I can see how the removal of a statue has suddenly become a race based issue. The statue was a proud reminder of immigrants - British? Anyway, there are descendants today who want to continue to honor that significant time in history. I'm of the opinion that history, and its artifacts, should be preserved.

On the other side there seems to be some accusation that this significant historic artifact of that time in history represents nothing other than racism. He achieved nothing in his entire life except racism, and therefore a statue of him is racist, and therefore is must be removed.

Did I miss anything? Is that what is causing this conflict?

Old 08-12-2017, 07:58 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,881,487 times
So since the left doesn't allow right, alt-right to speak, assemble, rally or protest without crashing it and clashing and Republicans want mass immigration too, the alt-right's free speech rights must be smashed!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies