Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2017, 12:56 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsjj251 View Post
This thread exists in the context of Nazi's, not some organization that wants to promote Irish, or Celtic or Gaelic pride.

None of the organizations you named exist to hurt white people.

while were are at it

White pride =/= black pride.

Black pride tends to be an all encompassing phrase simply because most black people in the US do not know which nation their ancestors come from. We would gladly change it to what ever tribe or region we came from if we knew it

White pride tends to be reactionary and has no meaning other than to be anti black pride(incorrectly for the above stated reason). You are free to say you have Italian pride, or Germanic pride or so on and so forth. If you honestly dont know your heritage, then we can have a conversation about "white pride".
I like that explanation, it makes a lot of sense. I've always known there was a difference between black pride and white pride, on an intuitive level, I've just never been able to articulate it, other than in terms of a reaction to oppression.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:00 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,592,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Uncle Bully View Post
I don't believe in the accident of birth argument. My birth was planned by two white people and deliberate. Who else could I have been born as other than a white person? Other than myself? We could discuss reincarnation if you wish...there's some wiggle room in there. I think that would take us off topic though.
The fact that your parents planned your birth still does not make it your personal accomplishment.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:06 PM

15,534 posts, read 10,510,396 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BentBow View Post
Then tell me straight up.

Why white people cannot be proud to be white?

We got every other demographic, so proud and announcing who they are.

Some white guy does it and he is some NAZI KKK dude.

Can white people not be proud of who they are and express it like everyone else does, without getting virtue signaled?

I hope this stays rational and honest.
Of course I am, everybody should be proud of their heritage. Color labels silly though. If I were a Nationalist (I'm not) I don't know why I'd even think to put white in front of it. I'm somewhat of an Independent, I'd never say I was a white Independent. I'm somewhat of a Republican, I don't call myself a white Republican. I also lean Populist, I'm not a white Populist either. Except for my driver's license, when I'm filling out forms, I check the box labeled "other", been doing that since college.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:09 PM
AFP

7,412 posts, read 6,904,108 times
Quote:

Can white people not be proud of who they are and express it like everyone else does, without getting virtue signaled?

It really depends how it's expressed in my opinion. The racial white hate groups have pretty much hijacked "white pride". White pride is pretty much embedded in most peoples brains as if your not white we hate you and non-whites stay the F-away because you are lowly sub-humans who only exist to serve the master race.
You want to scream white pride do so but you better watch who you do it around if you like your teeth.(That's reality bud).

Last edited by AFP; 08-13-2017 at 01:24 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 01:10 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,640,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catgirl64 View Post
The fact that your parents planned your birth still does not make it your personal accomplishment.
But it is their heritage. Heritage comes not from what you do but who you are. Only humans can pass on riches to their children and relatives. That makes us a human being and not just a human doing.

I don't know that proud is the word for me. I am thankful for being born to my parents and the good examples I had to follow and the genes passed on to me.

None of us are accidents. We were meant to be born where we were born and to have the parents we were born to or adopted by.

"American by birth and Southern by the grace of God" is a phrase that is popular around here. Very truthful!
AFP, it is not our fault others have decided to bunch everybody into one bundle. We have no one to apologize to because we are white and we should also be entitled to be proud of our ancestors even if some of them did fight for the South during the Civil War. To expect us to denounce or bad mouth our ancestors or be ashamed of them is the height of hypricrocy. My only responsibility is what I do. I appreciate my ancestors and love them just as much as anyone else loves their ancestors.

I cannot think of anything lower than to attack one's ancestors. That is probably what makes me so disgusted with the destruction of Civil War monuments. That is mean and nasty and criminal to destroy public property. You didn't build it so it is not your right to tear it down. Go do something constructive for a change.

Last edited by NCN; 08-13-2017 at 01:27 PM..

Old 08-13-2017, 01:15 PM

39,231 posts, read 27,623,465 times
Yes, I am.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:15 PM

7,826 posts, read 4,570,108 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
But it is their heritage. Heritage comes not from what you do but who you are. Only humans can pass on riches to their children and relatives. That makes us a human being and not just a human doing.

I don't know that proud is the word for me. I am thankful for being born to my parents and the good examples I had to follow and the genes passed on to me.

None of us are accidents. We were meant to be born where we were born and to have the parents we were born to or adopted by.

"American by birth and Southern by the grace of God" is a phrase that is popular around here. Very truthful!
"Pride goes before destruction, and a haughty spirit before a fall."
- Proverbs 16:18

Old 08-13-2017, 01:23 PM

8,518 posts, read 3,759,611 times
Quote:

I live in NY. Every day I see people with shirts and flags proclaiming their pride of race and ethnicity. If you can't tell the difference between that and a Nazi or KKk member than I don't know what to tell you....

I love St Patty's day here in NYC. I love the PUerto Rican day and all the other holidays. Ohhh I can't forget the Labor day parade in Brooklyn . My personal favorite. There is a difference in Racial and or ethnic pride and being a Nazi, KKK, White Nationalist. Those guys want an Apartheid state and or ethnic cleansing. Have pride all you want but leave others alone . Period.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:24 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,291,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dane_in_LA View Post
I'm proud of what I've done with what's been handed to me.

But I'm also keenly aware that being a white male in a first-world country in peacetime means that a whole lot has been handed to me that I can't take the slightest bit of credit for.

Being proud to be white strikes me as silly. You might as well be proud of winning the lottery.

And no, black pride is a very different thing. Black culture has been systematically denigrated - still is, in places - and still embracing that in the face of adversity is something to take some pride in.
This is a great post, Dane.

Old 08-13-2017, 01:24 PM

9,511 posts, read 5,449,948 times
Yes I'm proud of who I am but not because of the color of my skin. I have 2 daughters that are good successful people and happy with their lives. I have 2 grandchildren who I adore and I have a good job and am respected by my fellows.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies