Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2018, 05:39 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,726,169 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cuebald View Post
Historical reenactments are great. I have friends who do it, and theyhave been known to spend a weekend cleaning a site of all litter, cigarette butts, bottle caps, and anything in the area that isn't in keeping with the bivouc.

There is a huge difference between the CBF flying over a reenactment site and flying at a Klan or Neonazi rally next to a flag with a swastika on it.
In WW2 re-enacting we forbid any German flags and Party Salutes (Stiff Arm) We do allow Military salutes and Aerial recognition flags
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2018, 05:41 AM

34,230 posts, read 18,575,619 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
In WW2 re-enacting we forbid any German flags and Party Salutes (Stiff Arm) We do allow Military salutes and Aerial recognition flags
Why?

Old 03-13-2018, 05:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot1 View Post
Why?
Good Question, that has been asked many times. Evidently the rule is a kowtow to the PC world...This is typically only for Public events. At tacticals we do what we want....

Old 03-13-2018, 06:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by my54ford View Post
Good Question, that has been asked many times. Evidently the rule is a kowtow to the PC world...This is typically only for Public events. At tacticals we do what we want....
Thanks for the answer. When I go to air shows, they sometimes have WWII German and Japanese aircraft. Sometime they do mock dogfights, or semi reenactments. I respect when they retain ALL the accurate markings as they are LEGAL here. Not so in less free societies like Germany, and Japan.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:27 AM

24,404 posts, read 23,061,247 times
I was at a big WW2 weekend flight show and reenactment back in the 90s. I remember seeing a German pilot ( Russian front so more power to him) and a Tuskegee airman in the same hanger selling their memoirs.
They had the germans, Japanese, americans, even some brits. Its history and they act the parts to give the audience a better understanding of what it was like. There's no big deal and the perpetually ignorant need to stop complaining about every little thing that offends them but nobody else.

Old 03-13-2018, 07:58 AM

Quote:
Thanks for the answer. When I go to air shows, they sometimes have WWII German and Japanese aircraft. Sometime they do mock dogfights, or semi reenactments. I respect when they retain ALL the accurate markings as they are LEGAL here. Not so in less free societies like Germany, and Japan.
Vehicle markings get to be correct but mostly have Balkenkreuz. If you like Airshows AND reenactments and get to Minnesota I highly suggest this.

Fagen Fighters WWII Museum - Granite Falls, MN

Old 03-13-2018, 08:00 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raddo View Post
I thought the idea was to learn from history.

If we wipe it out then we're likely to forget it, which makes us likely to repeat it.
Knocking over statues to American traitors is not erasing history it is simply not honoring traitors to the country.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
Knocking over statues to American traitors is not erasing history it is simply not honoring traitors to the country.
No. It is erasing it from the public view, and public discussion. It is censorship, and anti free speech.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:05 AM

4,944 posts, read 2,940,507 times
Quote:
It is censorship, and anti free speech.
No it isn't you can pull up any history book and read about the war. At best the statues belong in museums. Honoring traitors to the United States is bizarre I can't think of any other country that has statues honoring people who tried to tear it apart.

Old 03-13-2018, 08:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BornintheSprings View Post
No it isn't you can pull up any history book and read about the war. At best the statues belong in museums. Honoring traitors to the United States is bizarre I can't think of any other country that has statues honoring people who tried to tear it apart.
But, a statue of Marx is OK? How many people make the effort to research something they no nothing about? A statue may spur someone to actually learn more, good or bad, about the subject. Without the statue that person would never know.

You are talking away my right to view history in the light of day.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies