Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2017, 07:05 AM

68,330 posts, read 54,428,613 times

Advertisements

Antifa: "Peace through violence."

Sounds like a big part of US foreign policy.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-21-2017, 07:16 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cassy Fae View Post
I don't buy it. This antifa people are responding to supremacy. They are responding to a group who seeks to subjugate women, eliminate minorities (like kill them all), and rule. That is what the KKK is all about. That's what all these people are about. That you guys take issue with a rage response is mind numbing. It's the only possible outcome given our history.
I don't like what you believe, I'm going to come to your house and kick the **** out of you. You're cool with that right?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:16 AM

17,629 posts, read 17,696,894 times
For those who've studied history, the antifa are like Hitler's brown shirts. They use threats and violence to stifle speech.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:44 AM

10,659 posts, read 10,732,353 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
For those who've studied history, the antifa are like Hitler's brown shirts. They use threats and violence to stifle speech.
And they will continue to do so. I'm firmly convinced that their goal is to keep pushing until the have some Horst Wessel type martyrs to write songs about....

Old 08-21-2017, 07:53 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
I don't like what you believe, I'm going to come to your house and kick the **** out of you. You're cool with that right?
That is the exact point, right? That's what happened in VA. An armed militia left their home states and went to other people's home state (people the militia did not agree with) and killed someone. That's what they did and people aren't cool with it. They did not show up in Boston because of the counter-protesters. What is the issue with that?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:55 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,450,477 times
Quote:
That is the exact point, right? That's what happened in VA. An armed militia left their home states and went to other people's home state (people the militia did not agree with) and killed someone. That's what they did and people aren't cool with it. They did not show up in Boston because of the counter-protesters. What is the issue with that?
You missed the point entirely. Par for the course. Just don't complain when you say or do something someone else doesn't like and you get a beat down for it.

Old 08-21-2017, 07:56 AM

16,352 posts, read 8,101,791 times
Quote:
Was it the counter-protestors in Boston that kept the nazis at bay or was it the Boston police that decided they weren't going to have the kind of crap that went down in Charlottesville?

Old 08-21-2017, 07:57 AM

34,237 posts, read 18,594,984 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by victimofGM View Post
I've been saying this all along. Antifa, and BLM employ both Fascist, and Communist tactics in their attempts to limit freedom in our country, especially limiting, and not allowing free speech. Our own country attempted this under Obama. Remember the "Free Speech Zones" away from the contested area of the Bundy Ranch? Our own government broke the law when they did this.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:00 AM
TKO

4,153 posts, read 4,280,738 times
The Karl Rove playbook on full display here. If you know you're guilty of being a fascist the first thing you do is accuse your opposition of being a fascist. It's pretty transparent and weak.

What might have happened if the antifa in 1920's and 30's Germany would have had more public support? Worth considering.

It's NOT intolerant to be intolerant of intolerance.

Old 08-21-2017, 08:02 AM

1,640 posts, read 795,612 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
You missed the point entirely. Par for the course. Just don't complain when you say or do something someone else doesn't like and you get a beat down for it.
What point am I missing? The online in your head point or what's actually happening offline? The only people I see armed and killing are the alt-right. The only people I see coming to do that in my home are the alt-right. They are the one's that will beat me down and for some reason none of you can explain why you don't like the fact that people are counter-protesting them. This is not that complicated.

And for what it's worth I would NEVER in a million years travel to your church, home, town center, place of work, where ever and demand anything of you (providing you're not hurting someone like your kids, etc). I know some would on the left and right, but that's not my way.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies