Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-23-2017, 05:44 PM

264 posts, read 239,144 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
You're a smart fella.

My kid may or may not know what MAGA is....probably does. (but has no idea of what a Nut Log Roll is).

But he does know the difference between a B cup and a C cup, knows that Jefferson slept with a slave ...
Jefferson didn't sleep with a slave, he raped and took total advantage of a 14 year old slave girl, by the name of Sally Hemings.

Keep in mind, Jefferson was 44 at the time.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlo...=.52b78f7dde82
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 06:03 PM

7,473 posts, read 4,018,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Feltdesigner View Post
how do you punish a college student for taking a hat off someone's head?

5 years in Federal Prison? Expulsion?

Well. a rodeo clown lost his job because he wore an Obama mask..........you tell me........

I say Expulsion........

Old 08-23-2017, 06:08 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer2020 View Post
Jefferson didn't sleep with a slave, he raped and took total advantage of a 14 year old slave girl, by the name of Sally Hemings.

Even if he, while a widower I believe, had sexual relations with Sally Hemings who was mixed-race, during the time it wasn't totally uncommon for a female above the age of 13 to marry a man in his 40s. So it's just assumed non consensual because she was his slave. But if he had multiple children with her over an extended period of time it sounds like it probably was consensual.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
You didn't highlight the other post where the other kids told her what an HBCU was and one of the other students said that the tour guide informed them of what an HBCU was and that they were going there.... Also that in her initial victimization Tweet she stated that she didn't know they were going there or that it was an HBCU so she is a liar and note I don't think that is a horrible thing for a teenage girl to do. Most teenagers are liars.

And that's too bad that your kid doesn't look up where they are going or you don't inform them of where they are going. If my kid was going to the Alamo, he'd know something about the Alamo before he went. I have a son and teenage nephew (10th and 11th graders) whose educational needs I look after. Both go on lots of trips and I review itineraries before they go and I speak to them about the places they are going so they know a little, at least about where they are going to.

It is odd to me that so many people today don't communicate with their kids. And I'm sure that your son would know that anything Trump related is controversial. I have a 9 year old and she knows that Trump is controversial. She also knows that MAGA is his motto. She is 9....

On Stuckeys, if you told your kid they were famous for Nut Log Rolls before you went (which is something I would tell my kid to make them excited about going) then they would know before they got there...Again, people should speak to kids before they go places.

So now besides having to be wary if your white and entering a predominately Black neighborhood.........now you have to inspect your attire and make sure you are not wearing something offensive if you visit a college campus.........especially if your an immature 16 year old girl.........

Old 08-23-2017, 06:24 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
So now besides having to be wary if your white and entering a predominately Black neighborhood.........now you have to inspect your attire and make sure you are not wearing something offensive if you visit a college campus.........especially if your an immature 16 year old girl.........
Plus you can't be named "Robert Lee" and work in the state of Virginia. This guy is Asian but I'm sure it applies to whites as well.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...harlottesville

Old 08-23-2017, 06:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LovelySummer2020 View Post

LOL....... no bias by that author.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Plus you can't be named "Robert Lee" and work in the state of Virginia. This guy is Asian but I'm sure it applies to whites as well.

https://www.si.com/extra-mustard/201...harlottesville

"Methinks thou dost protest too much"

Old 08-23-2017, 06:39 PM

36,853 posts, read 17,373,891 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtl1 View Post
Even if he, while a widower I believe, had sexual relations with Sally Hemings who was mixed-race, during the time it wasn't totally uncommon for a female above the age of 13 to marry a man in his 40s. So it's just assumed non consensual because she was his slave. But if he had multiple children with her over an extended period of time it sounds like it probably was consensual.
Up until the last sentence...this is definitely plausible.

Actually the last sentence is plausible...i just disagree that bearing more children indicates a stronger likelihood of consent.

In any event, we'll never know and anyone who even dares to ponder this is a racist.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:43 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,879,277 times
Since we're straying off topic: Howard hired James Comey. I thought it seemed funny, as I guess it makes sense if he's a never Trumper.

https://www.yahoo.com/news/howard-un...185125142.html

Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Up until the last sentence...this is definitely plausible.

Actually the last sentence is plausible...i just disagree that bearing more children indicates a stronger likelihood of consent.

In any event, we'll never know and anyone who even dares to ponder this is a racist.

Agree we'll never know at this point and that's one of the reasons why we shouldn't revise views on our historical figures. Heming was a slave and 3/4 white I believe and there's probably a lot not known and the fact that she was a slave is really all that's known for sure and matters. Once could dig up a lot of dirt on MLK.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:44 PM

3,538 posts, read 1,328,867 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffdoorgunner View Post
"we can't help it, blacks should just accept our ignorance about racial sensitivity...that's just how things are"
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies