Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2017, 12:21 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by hound 109 View Post
These reactions are hilarious.

Whether Howard college believes what they tweet (or if they merely think that they're clever by calling a 17 year old girl a white supremacist).... the lunacy that they're showing is breathtaking.

The fact that my tax dollars are going towards federally funded grants for these student idiots is worse than having to pay for Dept of Defense - $600 toilet seats or $400 hammers.

Harvard University Students Graduate More in 6 Years: (97% vs. 61% Graduation Rate)
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2017, 12:26 PM

6,897 posts, read 4,758,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
I just scanned the first page, but nothing in there offended me and I am incredibly white.

I see nothing wrong with black people being proud of themselves or their heritage. Those were more about empowerment than anything else. Does that actually OFFEND folks? Why on Earth would it offend people unless they thought black people should not be proud or feel personally empowered?

Can people quit fighting the damned Civil War already? The South lost. Slaves were freed.

Build a bridge and get over it, I say.
I agree, then why be upset over a MAGA hat?

Old 08-24-2017, 12:27 PM

78,540 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ReineDeCoeur View Post
Uh huh...deflect, deflect, deflect.

Fun times, eh?
Not a deflect. Pointing out that adding caveats to assault like "however" is wrong.

You start pushing, driving your car into crowds, taking someones stuff....I don't give a crud what your motivations, politics or race are....you're in the wrong and thinking up justifications for it because you want to defend "your team" is also wrong.

I'm issues oriented, not politically partisan. There are a few of us around here and some that THINK they are lol.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:07 PM

19,966 posts, read 7,889,932 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
Dude, I'm a white person and I can tell you that white people are not even sort of oppressed ANYWHERE.

Well, maybe in Russia if they're gay, but other than that? Nope.
You don't speak for all white people or get to define oppression. Not being able to wear MAGA or hold a rally without facing violence and wide-spread criticism is just one example of oppression.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Read this, http://colleges.startclass.com/compa...ard-University HU does not even compare to Harvard. I have seen better statistical performances from students at community colleges and higher graduation rates.

Of these 2 colleges:
  • Harvard University is a Significantly Larger School: (29,652 vs. 10,002 Total Students)
  • Harvard University is Significantly More Difficult to Get In: (5.6% vs. 49% Acceptance Rate)
  • Howard University Offers Significantly Cheaper Tuition: ($23,970 USD vs. $45,278 USD Tuition)
  • Howard University Provides Much Better Freshmen Financial Aid: (89% vs. 75% of Eligible Freshmen Receive Aid)
  • Harvard University Students Graduate More in 6 Years: (97% vs. 61% Graduation Rate)
  • Harvard University Students Earn Considerably More Salary Post-Graduation: ($95,500 USD vs. $46,000 USD Median Salary)
  • Harvard University Has Slightly Smaller Class Sizes: (7:1 vs. 11:1 Student-Teacher Ratio)
  • Howard University Has Hotter Summer Weather: (78 degrees Fahrenheit vs. 71 degrees Fahrenheit)
  • Harvard University Has Colder Winter Weather: (30 degrees Fahrenheit vs. 38 degrees Fahrenheit)

With all of that said, Wouldn't you rather graduate from Harvard.
Harvard was a historically white college founded by and for WASPs but is for some time not quiet even majority white and whites are underrepresented leave alone WASPs , but Howard is like 95% African American, so they don't even have maintaining their original intent in common LOL.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:26 PM

15,063 posts, read 6,188,615 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mathguy View Post
Not a deflect. Pointing out that adding caveats to assault like "however" is wrong.

You start pushing, driving your car into crowds, taking someones stuff....I don't give a crud what your motivations, politics or race are....you're in the wrong and thinking up justifications for it because you want to defend "your team" is also wrong.

I'm issues oriented, not politically partisan. There are a few of us around here and some that THINK they are lol.
It is a deflect.

Actually, I have no team. I already pointed out that those who grabbed the hat were wrong. However, I also believe the girls were aware that wearing the hat would be problematic to some degree. These days people like to do things that will get them attention, especially on the news and in the middle of a hot topic. I often find both sides obnoxious.

Just like the trans teen that was beaten by a "mob" and made a whole scene on the news. Turns out that "she" was beaten by family members and friends of a younger biological girl who "she" had beaten up days before for calling "her" a dude...and put the video on facebook. "She" just wanted the spotight more than anything.

Btw, whether or not the hat incident is assault, we don't know. But it was a battery.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:40 PM

36,588 posts, read 30,921,073 times
Quote:
Nowhere.

Do you really think the counterprotesters didn't consider the possibility of physical altercations? Please.
I'd bet they were counting on it. Not the point. The point is people are are absolving the counter protesters of any responsibility, denying they contributed to the violence by deliberately agitating the protesters at the same time some are calling out the wearers of MAGA hats as agitators and holding them partially responsible for the violence against them that ensued. Its contradictory and biased.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2mares View Post
I'd bet they were counting on it. Not the point. The point is people are are absolving the counter protesters of any responsibility, denying they contributed to the violence by deliberately agitating the protesters at the same time some are calling out the wearers of MAGA hats as agitators and holding them partially responsible for the violence against them that ensued. Its contradictory and biased.
And these same class of counter-protesters, Antifa/Blm attack the police and others over and over too. I guess the police and almost everyone are else KKK/neo-Nazi/white supremacist and solely to blame too.

Old 08-24-2017, 01:52 PM

78,540 posts, read 60,718,007 times
Quote:
It is a deflect.

Actually, I have no team. I already pointed out that those who grabbed the hat were wrong. However, I also believe the girls were aware that wearing the hat would be problematic to some degree. These days people like to do things that will get them attention, especially on the news and in the middle of a hot topic. I often find both sides obnoxious.

Just like the trans teen that was beaten by a "mob" and made a whole scene on the news. Turns out that "she" was beaten by family members and friends of a younger biological girl who "she" had beaten up days before for calling "her" a dude...and put the video on facebook. "She" just wanted the spotight more than anything.

Btw, whether or not the hat incident is assault, we don't know. But it was a battery.
So specifically, describe how it's a deflect? Is that just a knee-jerk way of saying you disagree because I sure don't see the logic in the claim?

Also thank you for the comment about you having no team, it was interesting. So out of curiosity, when was the last time you voted Republican in a major election?

Old 08-24-2017, 01:58 PM

37,956 posts, read 17,896,841 times
Quote:
Learn to read and follow the conversation. I already made clear that it was wrong for someone to grab/knock the girl's hat.

Quit trying to put words in other poster's mouths to create an argument.

If you want drama, go watch a soap.
I called out your silly post for putting any blame on the victims. And rightfully so.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies