Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-22-2017, 10:05 AM

16,709 posts, read 19,424,866 times

Advertisements

I swear, more and more white people make me ashamed of my own race. Those b****** deserved what they got.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-22-2017, 10:06 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
You are wrong.

When the girl's hat was stolen from her, she was battered.

Battery - the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without their consent. Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:

intentional touching;
the touching must be harmful or offensive;
no consent from the victim.

Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand.
Statists don't understand the non-aggression principle.

Only feelings matter.

It's not a crime if you return the property was pushed in here...

There's no reasoning with that mentality.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:07 AM

6,476 posts, read 4,080,626 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Salmonburgher View Post
You are wrong.

When the girl's hat was stolen from her, she was battered.

Battery - the intentional offensive or harmful touching of another person without their consent. Under this general definition, a battery offense requires all of the following:

intentional touching;
the touching must be harmful or offensive;
no consent from the victim.

Touching the person of someone is defined as including not only contacts with the body, but also with anything closely connected with the body, such as clothing or an item carried in the person's hand. For example, a battery may be committed by intentionally knocking a hat off someone's head or knocking a glass out of some-one's hand.
Then crime in your local school must be high as hell with all the football team antics, and all the unwanted hugging that some friends do. I am guessing Times Square must be the worst place in the world as it is literally a cesspool of people constantly battering each other.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:07 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Idk residing, I'm usually on your side, but in this case I gotta agree with Salmon. You can't go around taking hats off people for things you don't like. Either keep it moving, say it's "offensive", or just keep quiet and let them be.

But when you actually get physical, even as much as taking the hats off, that's too much, IMO.

These are 20 year old kids doing this to teenage girls. That's a problem.
So you think she was a victim of battery cause her hat was knocked off her head?

Again, this sort of things happens all the time. If we are going to go around pressing charges for this, then everyone will be in jail. I've had hats knocked off my head. When I was a girl, I had guys snap my bra strap.

Point is that many of the posters are acting like some violent negros went off on these girls at HU and attacked them violently. They were not violently attacked. And I think you can agree and even I would agree if a same thing happened to a black student at a majority white college, they wouldn't consider it assault and battery and would tell them to get over it.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:09 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
So you think she was a victim of battery cause her hat was knocked off her head?

Again, this sort of things happens all the time. If we are going to go around pressing charges for this, then everyone will be in jail. I've had hats knocked off my head. When I was a girl, I had guys snap my bra strap.

Point is that many of the posters are acting like some violent negros went off on these girls at HU and attacked them violently. They were not violently attacked. And I think you can agree and even I would agree if a same thing happened to a black student at a majority white college, they wouldn't consider it assault and battery and would tell them to get over it.
The students and the school need to get over the hats. Are they really that soft there? What *******.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:10 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sonnymarkjiz View Post
Idk residing, I'm usually on your side, but in this case I gotta agree with Salmon. You can't go around taking hats off people for things you don't like. Either keep it moving, say it's "offensive", or just keep quiet and let them be.

But when you actually get physical, even as much as taking the hats off, that's too much, IMO.

These are 20 year old kids doing this to teenage girls. That's a problem.

You are spot on. I too have hardly ever been able to disagree with much she has ever posted. This is an exception.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:10 AM

13,898 posts, read 6,452,130 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
I swear, more and more white people make me ashamed of my own race. Those b****** deserved what they got.
White Guilt Liberal alert.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:11 AM

16,212 posts, read 10,832,961 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NigerianNightmare View Post
Then crime in your local school must be high as hell with all the football team antics, and all the unwanted hugging that some friends do. I am guessing Times Square must be the worst place in the world as it is literally a cesspool of people constantly battering each other.
I thought the same thing...lol

We all live in places and communities full of assault and battery today.

FWIW to sonny as well, I think you've seen me share on here in regards to "bullying" today that IMO too often people consider everything under the sun to be an act of bullying and aggression. These sorts of things are routine reactions and actions of young people. They are not violent. Violence and batter would have entailed the HU students pushing these girls to the ground or hitting them in some way or ripping their shirts off their body with force.

I am aware that today people in schools consider all "touching" to be problematic and assault/battery, but IMO that is ridiculous and ironically for conservatives, is hypocritical for me due to them always trying to say that this sort of thing happening to minorities isn't a big deal. Now all of a sudden it is

Old 08-22-2017, 10:11 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by convextech View Post
Wearing a hat deserves to have assault and theft of property as a punishment?

How very 1984ish of you.

Old 08-22-2017, 10:12 AM

7,473 posts, read 4,020,989 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by residinghere2007 View Post
See above.

They were not harmed. Knocking a hat off is not harmful touching.

just how would you react if someone walked up to you and knocked your hat off? By doing so it is almost impossible to not hit you in the head also.............
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies