Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 06:53 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyNameIsBellaMia View Post
Damn! How many times must you be told that those are the exact turds in the sewer that must be drained? How many times 'til you finally get it?

Seriously...do you honestly think the likes of McConnell and Graham are what conservatives want?

Nobody is listening, closely or otherwise, to those fools. Their hatred of Trump is only making Trump stronger.

Damn! Just Damn!
I don't think conservatives know what they want anymore. Every time I ask who is a conservative I get Goldwater and not much else, some don't even believe Reagan was a conservative. Everything is about compromise and negotiation, that is the way the system works. Besides I don't see any conservative agenda coming from Trump, does he even have a specific agenda on the more meaningful problems we are facing.

He seems to defer an awful lot to others and appears very willing to sign anything, where is the leadership.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 06:55 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Clapper isn't scary, he is just disturbed.

Old 08-23-2017, 06:57 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pop251808 View Post
He holds "re-election" rallies so that they can be a) funded with campaign funds b) used to fundraise some more c) held in privately rented venues d) not any part of his official function as president e) and so that he can have the audience's access to the venue controlled f) for him to howl at the moon for all anyone can do about it. How very presidential.
Mr. Trump has been claimimg similar 'motivations' re: campaigning since 2000:

What Does Donald Trump Really Want?

Quote:
...Crucially, Trump had timed his political stops to coincide with Robbins' seminars, so that he was "making a lot of money" on those campaign stops. "It's very possible that I could be the first presidential candidate to run and make money on it," Trump said, adding that "there's no way a good businessman" would have blown the kind of money Steve Forbes had. ...
http://fortune.com/2000/04/03/what-d...p-really-want/

Old 08-23-2017, 06:58 AM

33,571 posts, read 18,174,016 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post
I don't think conservatives know what they want anymore. Every time I ask who is a conservative I get Goldwater and not much else, some don't even believe Reagan was a conservative. Everything is about compromise and negotiation, that is the way the system works. Besides I don't see any conservative agenda coming from Trump, does he even have a specific agenda on the more meaningful problems we are facing.

He seems to defer an awful lot to others and appears very willing to sign anything, where is the leadership.
It is wonderful what OUR president Trump has done for us. Wonderful.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:00 AM

4,481 posts, read 2,288,005 times
https://mobile.twitter.com/scottadam...640704?lang=en

Quote:
Watch for Trump's critics to migrate from "Trump is Hitler" to "Trump is incompetent" by summer. Later: "Competent, but I don't like it."

Old 08-23-2017, 07:00 AM

9,267 posts, read 5,123,976 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dashrendar4454 View Post
Jim Clapper and Don Lemon? Two of America's worst!

Old 08-23-2017, 07:01 AM

57,314 posts, read 26,236,916 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
It is wonderful what OUR president Trump has done for us. Wonderful.
Well in a normal world you wouldn't be saying that but I understand this is where some Trump supporters live, it's not a rational response.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:03 AM

8,924 posts, read 5,632,022 times
Trump has to have time to cry to anyone who will listen to him. He conveniently left out the rant he gave at Trump Tower. This guy is not right in the head. What is so hard to grasp you 25%? You really think this is normal?

Old 08-23-2017, 07:05 AM

13,240 posts, read 4,930,214 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodnight View Post

Re: bold: one wonders indeed, who, in word & deed, is even interested in functional systems?

Dysfunctional systems seem to have the tendency to benefit some folks ( less than 1% of the world's population but then again, who's counting? ).

Old 08-23-2017, 07:06 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,231,797 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bcattwood View Post
That he will readily lie about something so trivial and easily disproven, makes it difficult to believe that he will not lie about more important, less easily verified things.
It makes no sense but he is smply following in the footsteps of those who proceeded him. I imagine those who really hoped he might be different should be disappointed but for many of the rest you can't really expect him to be different than what you accepted.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies