Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2017, 07:00 PM

581 posts, read 457,861 times

Advertisements

I saw them pan to the entire room and it was full. Not sure we're you're getting your information from.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2017, 07:08 PM

26,581 posts, read 14,496,074 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
I saw them pan to the entire room and it was full. Not sure we're you're getting your information from.
there's video and photos in this thread taken from the back of the room during the speech showing the back half sparse.

Old 08-23-2017, 07:33 PM

1,207 posts, read 1,286,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dbones View Post
BTW, it's well known that Leftist groups bought up many of the tickets just for this propaganda you are seeing. You aren't fooling anyone.
This strategy wouldn't have worked. The rally organizers stated that they would give out tickets until the convention center was full. So reserving a ticket and not showing up would have failed. #fakenews

Old 08-23-2017, 07:36 PM

45,675 posts, read 24,091,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
30,000 showed up in Fl.. more than half did not get in..
When was that?

Old 08-23-2017, 07:40 PM

Quote:
They count the people as they file in.. the fire marshal only allows a certain amount and then cuts them off and they can't get in..

In Fl. I got there for the Trump rally almost 4 hours early and there were thousands ahead of me.. the woman overseeing how many could get in said to me.. you just made it.. a few behind me got in as well.. Some overflow were put in another big room with a tv camera and a mile of people, over ten thousand never got in . It was huugge.
This rally?

http://www.floridatoday.com/story/ne...rica/98101716/

Old 08-23-2017, 07:47 PM

Quote:
They count the people as they file in.. the fire marshal only allows a certain amount and then cuts them off and they can't get in..

In Fl. I got there for the Trump rally almost 4 hours early and there were thousands ahead of me.. the woman overseeing how many could get in said to me.. you just made it.. a few behind me got in as well.. Some overflow were put in another big room with a tv camera and a mile of people, over ten thousand never got in . It was huugge.
And very few poeple can tell the difference between a thousand or two or 800. There weren't 30,000 in Melbourne...there isn't one source that cites that as the total....that was the ESTIMATE.

I've had so many of these non-sensical discussions with Trump supporters.

Doesn't matter -- when the polls show an approval rating of 35% -- you can have a rally with 100,000K and it doesn't change the fact most people don't approve of Trump.

It is what it is. Debate policy, issues, but drop this. Yes Trump has a very loyal base and they like the rallies too but guess what the base is all he has.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:07 PM

51,670 posts, read 25,927,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Was that the one that Trump was claiming was full and people were lined up outside when neither was true?

Old 08-23-2017, 08:10 PM

51,670 posts, read 25,927,081 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SparklesNShine View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
there's video and photos in this thread taken from the back of the room during the speech showing the back half sparse.
The place looked half empty in all the photos and videos I saw.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:35 PM

29,226 posts, read 22,449,924 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southernnaturelover View Post
Why would anyone want to get assaulted that angry mob outside? Easier to just watch on TV.
Yup.
Who would want to run the gauntlet now?
With this rally coming so soon after the violence in Charlottesville, it was a given that there would be a mob outside of the convention center grounds.

Anyone who wanted to go inside still had to park their car and get back into it. Common sense would naturally keep a lot of Trump's supporters away.

That photo wasn't fake. I presumed there was going to be a riser behind Trump, because it makes a good visual to have a wall of people behind him.

If the room had been packed, you know there would have been many photos of the crowd. Trump's crew knew beforehand the crowd would be light; that was why there was only one small riser section that was erected on the floor.

The actual crowd size wasn't important anyway.

The TV visuals were, and that's the only reason the rally was held. Was there any crowd noise? Nope. Nothing like it would have been if there had actually been a packed room. Was there any stray movement going on? Nope. Nobody was seen jockeying for a better view.

This whole thing was as staged as it could be. Phoenix didn't want him to come, but Trump had to put on another episode of his little show to keep feeling important.

What I found interesting was Trump's crew selected only the best-looking folks to go stand behind him on the riser. I didn't see any raggedy rednecks in that bunch, or really old or overweight people. They really cherry-picked the crowd before the show went on the air.

All the TV crews were restricted to just one small area directly in front of the podium. I never saw any other shots at all. They were probably blocked on 3 sides so no shots of the total crowd could be taken. That's basic campaign technique.

The most interesting of all to me was a set of twin ladies who stood behind him wearing red caps. They were photogenic as all getouts, and they were both made up to the nines. Great for visuals.

Old 08-23-2017, 08:43 PM

9,837 posts, read 4,652,291 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by i_love_autumn View Post
Donald Trump supporters have been sharing fake photos of huge crowds at the US President's Phoenix rally on social media, following claims the event failed to draw big numbers.
But the photos were quickly debunked as fake. They actually showed an aerial view of crowds that had turned out for a championship parade for the Cleveland Cavaliers basketball team.
Images posted to social media appeared to show Trump supporters filling just half of the room.
Trump supporters post fake photos of huge crowds at Phoenix rally - as real images show room half-empty | The Independent

"Birds of a feather", of course they lie like their god!
can't rep you

it still amazes me just how much and how often Trump supporters will lie even when they KNOW they will be exposed. These folks are the same ones who go to church on sunday, and post fake pictures on tuesday...

hypocrites, and liars
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies