Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2017, 08:34 AM

1,427 posts, read 1,186,851 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Silver-Fox View Post
I would never live in a city that has no regard for the Law and does not cooperate with Federal Police Agencies. They create a dangerous place for their communities and cities, and are a disgrace to the United States. Cities such as Chicago, San Francisco, and New York, are disgraces to the U.S.A!
Houston. Wait until you see who does the cleanup...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2017, 08:41 AM

1,251 posts, read 1,078,714 times
We lived in San Antonio for eight years. A city infested with illegals. You can go in to any hospital emergency room and watch them barely able to get through the door before giving birth. Bingo! Instant taxpayer burden.

Old 08-25-2017, 08:45 AM

17,155 posts, read 12,973,124 times
Of course. Illegal immigrants and millenials are the cause of all of America's problems

Old 08-25-2017, 08:47 AM

35,716 posts, read 21,081,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
People that want our laws followed are the problem? Really? If a business cannot make it by paying a wage to hire legal workers, then they should fail. That includes farmers. We don't "need" anything that's illegal.

see that is how it should be- can't make others follow laws you don't-- even kids know that!

Old 08-25-2017, 08:55 AM

487 posts, read 545,633 times
Mayor DeBlasio.......the leader of the NYC the sanctuary City. He supports illegals from being deported for minor offenses, DWIs. Can you imagine......God forbid the next time they could kill someone while driving drunk. I visited the 9/11 Memorial this summer.......so solemn, such a sad reminder, you could hear a pin drop. How anyone could not put the safety of this nation first totally baffles me. Hopefully, DeBlasio will not be re-elected in November......this is the best thing that could happen to that City!

Old 08-25-2017, 09:08 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,436,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sharpydove View Post
We lived in San Antonio for eight years. A city infested with illegals. You can go in to any hospital emergency room and watch them barely able to get through the door before giving birth. Bingo! Instant taxpayer burden.

That's very sad! Our taxes at work! That is so shameful, I would never live in San Antonio, or anywhere in southern Texas, too full of Illegals.

For those above arguing about the Farmers and Construction Owners, they should be fined heavily, it's $10,000 for E-verify currently, problem is E-verify is not used enough. All the US Citizens that cheat the system and hire illegals and pay them cash should be fined and I would also agree they could spend a couple days in jail if we could come up with a charge for that too...

Old 08-25-2017, 10:30 AM

Quote:
That's very sad! Our taxes at work! That is so shameful, I would never live in San Antonio, or anywhere in southern Texas, too full of Illegals.

For those above arguing about the Farmers and Construction Owners, they should be fined heavily, it's $10,000 for E-verify currently, problem is E-verify is not used enough. All the US Citizens that cheat the system and hire illegals and pay them cash should be fined and I would also agree they could spend a couple days in jail if we could come up with a charge for that too...

E-verify should be STAT - I9's Inspections, as I stated before, are a farce because even when fined- the Co's. can negotiate. 2- sanctuary cites, as some I know have different polices in place and are partners with the just in a different way. They even have Fusion centers-- Take Miami, there are what 10 separate cites and PD depts. Cant ball them into one - yet they are ONE. All about jurisdiction.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:05 AM

6,417 posts, read 1,436,661 times
I have something positive to say!!!
Good news!

Miami, yes Miami, which was a Sanctuary City, reversed , and has decided to cooperate with ICE and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies, and now no Federal Funds for them will be cut.

Congrats to Miami! I could consider living there now

Old 08-25-2017, 11:20 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,184,660 times
If these cities are going to become dangerous it will be because Trump is taking away law enforcement dollars to actually investigate and combat serious crimes. Instead he wants cities to dedicate resources on petty crimes that are under the purview of the federal government and not part of their actual jurisdiction.

Old 08-25-2017, 11:44 AM

Quote:
I have something positive to say!!!
Good news!

Miami, yes Miami, which was a Sanctuary City, reversed , and has decided to cooperate with ICE and Federal Law Enforcement Agencies, and now no Federal Funds for them will be cut.

Congrats to Miami! I could consider living there now
or?

Miami-Dade County, FloridaCities

Miami

Miami Beach

Hialeah

Coral Gables

Homestead

Aventura

North Miami

North Miami Beach

South Miami

Doral

Key Biscayne

Opa-locka

Miami Gardens

Miami Lakes

Sunny Isles Beach

Cutler Bay

Pinecrest

Palmetto Bay

Miami Shores

Miami Springs

Last edited by tinytrump; 08-25-2017 at 12:45 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies