Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2017, 10:39 AM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Well that is where the leftist insanity ends.
If I look around and don't see anyone that reminds me of slavery I will know the left has reached its ultimate goal. They will have won and removed all semblance of slavery.

Dems Mantra like behaving around this kid:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E8&FORM=VRDGAR
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2017, 10:49 AM

7,474 posts, read 7,038,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Valhallian View Post
lots of POS's out there...
Exactly.

I'm tired of listening to closet bigots try to pretend their interest in the rebel flag is because of "history." It's a laughable ruse; whatever the Confederacy once represented is irrelevant, since what it means today is bigotry and hatred of non-whites and other minorities. Nobody believes for a moment the angry, ignorant bigot who think General Lee was a character in the Dukes of Hazard is hanging a rebel flag from his jacked up pickup truck because he values the "history" of it. We know what that flag represents - bigotry.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:52 AM

Quote:
Well that is where the leftist insanity ends.
If I look around and don't see anyone that reminds me of slavery I will know the left has reached its ultimate goal. They will have won and removed all semblance of slavery.
Oh, give it a rest.

Nobody is trying to take away the Civil battlefields or museums.

Nobody is trying to remove the topic of slavery from the history books.

The only thing that is being done is that we're no longer placing statures of traitors around our government buildings and thus honoring them, and some companies have rightly decided to stop selling the flag of a traitor nation.

Don't worry - as long as the far right exists and longs for the 1850's, you'll have plenty of reminders of slavery because they won't let anyone else forget what they considered the "good old days."

Old 08-27-2017, 10:52 AM

36,853 posts, read 17,382,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BobNJ1960 View Post
Dems Mantra like behaving around this kid:

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q...E8&FORM=VRDGAR
That is by far and away my favorite episode in the series.

I guess it's a good thing too because I'm going to be living it soon enough.

Old 08-27-2017, 10:54 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmagoo View Post
Gun sales went through the roof because we had a black president. There were no new gun laws.
Exactly.

That, and the right-wing puppet masters rattle around the specter of "duh gubermint is gonna take your guns!" and the right-wing puppets dutifully run out and buy more guys. It's a perfect way to drive gun sales, and the dim-wits who buy into it don't seem to understand that "buying more guns" is a stupid response anyway. The government is not going to "take your guns," and even if they did in some parallel reality, having more guns isn't going to somehow prevent that. But it drives gun sales, which is all the right-wing fear-mongering about "taking your guns" is about.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:18 AM

34,300 posts, read 15,668,712 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Oh, give it a rest.

The only thing that is being done is that we're no longer placing statures of traitors around our government buildings and thus honoring them, and some companies have rightly decided to stop selling the flag of a traitor nation.

Don't worry - as long as the far right exists and longs for the 1850's, you'll have plenty of reminders of slavery because they won't let anyone else forget what they considered the "good old days."
You don't seem to understand the goals of the American Culture Revolution in combination with the American Taliban. It has the potential to make China's Culture Revolution look like a garden party.

The nobody's are at it again. Trying to soft peddle the skullduggery with flowery prose.
When the symbols of the founding fathers of the nation are a topic for removable or desecration and the good works they produced ridiculed by the nobody's, where will be the foundation to build a future on ?

The good old days for the left goes back the Neanderthal.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:23 AM

34,068 posts, read 17,096,341 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Oh, give it a rest.

The corps pandered. That's a dumb move. I'm not a fan of that flag, but just like prohibition, all the left has done is drive up demand for the flag they dislike.

ISIS bans things. The liberals ban things. Both are repulsive in that regard.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:24 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
Since Charlottesville according to CBS News.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/confede...arlottesville/

Not sure how true this is. CBS didn't release any numbers or other hard stats on sales. Maybe sells are up though. Who knows?
I hear that Charmin is coming out with confederate flag toilet paper to cash in on the hate craze.
Who knows. Could be just a rumor.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:31 AM

11,988 posts, read 5,300,036 times
Quote:
You don't seem to understand the goals of the American Culture Revolution in combination with the American Taliban. It has the potential to make China's Culture Revolution look like a garden party.

The nobody's are at it again. Trying to soft peddle the skullduggery with flowery prose.
When the symbols of the founding fathers of the nation are a topic for removable or desecration and the good works they produced ridiculed by the nobody's, where will be the foundation to build a future on ?

The good old days for the left goes back the Neanderthal.
The closest thing to an American Taliban is on the far religious right not the left.

It's Y'all Qaeda that we need to worry about.

Old 08-27-2017, 11:32 AM

30,274 posts, read 23,756,971 times
Maybe it was this guy:

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies