Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2017, 08:08 AM

39,228 posts, read 27,603,964 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakformonday View Post
Read a history book.
sigh

This is the same attitude that people still want white folks to pay for slavery.

I don't get it. If Japan can fight and die for their own country, and keep China in check or eliminate NK, why not let her?

If one wants to spend million of dollars to defend a country has the capability to defend herself, hey, go right ahead. lol
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 AM

25,849 posts, read 16,528,639 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
And for the record, the US is the only country to ever use nukes and it targeted civilians when it did.
Thanks for weighing in there Mr Obtuse.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:10 AM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GearHeadDave View Post
The entire world has been marching down this road since the Trinity test in July 1945. Once we opened that Pandora's box, it was simply a matter of time before a rogue nation or terrorist organization started using those weapons to wield power and deliver destruction. Weapons of mass destruction even the playing field in a totally unprecedented way; one man with a single device has previously unimaginable power.

It amazes me that people really think that nuclear weapon proliferation can truly be contained. That is a fantasy. If it's not DPRK it will be someone else. Just a matter of time before those weapons are deployed somewhere, and then all bets are off.
Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzSnorlax View Post
Basically my take as well. Once the knowledge has been obtained it is impossible to roll back the clock.

The steady advance of technology means that, along with the first world pushing forward into unknown areas of science/knowledge, over time the second and third world get dragged along by proxy (technologically, they function on the first world's hand me downs).

That technological march will only make it easier to create nukes as time progresses. Combine that with what we know about human nature from history... a nuclear attack/war basically becomes inevitable at some point (just wait till I'm dead please, kthx).
Interesting because this is really to the point of my post - bad timing? At the end of the day, could having Trump and Un as leaders at the same time be the point of falling off the cliff IF it was destined to happen at some point anyways?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:12 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Some people really enjoy calling each other names back and forth. As long as they are simply calling each other "poopy pants" or something else stupid, I really don't care.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:15 AM

7,800 posts, read 4,400,201 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pknopp View Post
Some people really enjoy calling each other names back and forth. As long as they are simply calling each other "poopy pants" or something else stupid, I really don't care.
I think threatening to annihilate each others country is beyond calling each other "poopy pants", though I must admit that expression would improve the level of discourse between these two "leaders".

Old 09-22-2017, 08:19 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by burdell View Post
Nothing has worked?

What country has Kim Jung Un attacked? How may people outside his own country has he killed?
If a right-wing militia was amassing stores of explosives and automatic weapons on a rural compound and vowing to commit the largest attack in history on DC, would you have police do nothing because they hadn't yet actually conducted the attack?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:21 AM

6,675 posts, read 4,278,056 times
All the jokes here are great, but the bottom line is you have two unstable leaders with nuclear weapons at their command.

Does that concern anyone?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:24 AM

79,907 posts, read 44,199,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
If a right-wing militia was amassing stores of explosives and automatic weapons on a rural compound and vowing to commit the largest attack in history on DC, would you have police do nothing because they hadn't yet actually conducted the attack?
If they were in North Korea? Yeah, I would ignore them.

If they were here and had done nothing illegal? Not a damn thing we can do.

Old 09-22-2017, 08:25 AM

23,177 posts, read 12,219,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank DeForrest View Post
Don't forget we had Truman who needlessly attacked them in the first place
In what universe did that happen? References?

Old 09-22-2017, 08:26 AM

45,226 posts, read 26,443,162 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by oceangaia View Post
In what universe did that happen? References?
Why was there ever a Korean War, and specifically when did it attack us?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies