Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 12:25 PM

34,938 posts, read 36,258,444 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilcart View Post
reading the story, Eric sounds deluded.

Eric whines about pretty much everyone being out the get them and seems to believe his dad does not stand for nonsense, which pretty much flies in the face of the daily evidence we see. through trump tweets , words and actions.

I wonder if what is really happening is that the Trump's are not used to dealing with people who may have motives other than money. I mean afterall, very few people truly pursue money with the same level of desire we see from the trumps.
But, he did not say his father was suicidal.

He said one had to keep from BECOMING depressed enough to be suicidal.

That's different.

Very different.

I am always discouraged to read stuff like this. I mean, we don't know... maybe Trump IS that depressed.

Or, maybe not.

This article is misleading.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:26 PM

10,075 posts, read 7,542,084 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RedZin View Post
This is poor "journalism" (I use the word lightly).
reporters havent been journalists since they stopped fact checking their sources. they see it on social media and pass it off as news

Old 08-31-2017, 12:32 PM

11,904 posts, read 5,587,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by greywar View Post
From the article:

Thats not exactly the same as what the title of the article, or this post implies. Its more of "IF someone listened to all of this...".

Theres a LOT of things that point to Trumps issues, this is not one of them. Its innuendo.
Greywar is right.

This is from the actual interview:

Eric Trump said, “It’s the media, the mainstream media, who does not want him to succeed. It’s government who does not want him to succeed. People who are very comfortable in their white marble offices in Washington, DC who he compromises and he threatens in some way, shape or form/ They’ve never had to deal with somebody who’s an outsider who won’t put up with nonsense, and this is the result no matter what he does, he’s going to get hit, and listen, I think you have to tune it out. You obviously have to be tuned into it because you have to know what’s being said, but at the same time you have to take it all with a grain of salt, and you know, if they weren’t talking about you, you wouldn’t be doing something right and it’s important to keep it in context, otherwise quite frankly you’d probably end up killing yourself out of depression.”

I am not defending Trump. I do not like him, I think he is mentally unstable, and I think he craves approval above all things, and is far too quick to condemn as an enemy anyone who withholds it, and I think Eric is a whiny brat.

However, the title of the article and of this thread are misleading.

Let's keep it honest, people. There are plenty of legitimate reasons to criticize the man without twisting anyone's words. It's morally wrong, and it's counterproductive.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:33 PM

4,423 posts, read 7,367,350 times
Daddy Trump is coocoo for Cocoa Puffs.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:33 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrecking ball View Post
he's basically whining that the media and the government are being mean to his daddy and that's why he can't listen to criticism. i doubt eric has ever known the benefit of being held accountable for his actions.

The rotten apple didn't fall far from the rotten tree! However, with Trump's inflated ego, and cowardice we couldn't get that lucky!

Old 08-31-2017, 12:36 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
We don't criticize, we critique.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:37 PM

21,430 posts, read 7,456,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MLSFan View Post
reporters havent been journalists since they stopped fact checking their sources. they see it on social media and pass it off as news
Wow, exactly what president Trump does!

Go figure ...

Old 08-31-2017, 12:39 PM

20,102 posts, read 9,018,880 times
seems like the liberals are the ones who are depressed and suicidal.

Old 08-31-2017, 12:45 PM

8,665 posts, read 5,847,565 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skeddy View Post
seems like the liberals are the ones who are depressed and suicidal.

Not a liberal by any means, more conservative than the PHONY'S who claim to be Conservative....however do detest the PHONY AND FASCIST Trump! I am in 'party-mode' because the criminal Trump mob family is GOING DOWN, within months!

Old 08-31-2017, 12:46 PM

7,275 posts, read 5,285,135 times
I will never lean to the right based on my core beliefs, but post after post makes me ashamed to be associated with the left with the continued news out there.

Pretty soon I'll start acting like a Cleveland Browns fan, and the words on these bags work.....

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies