Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 08-31-2017, 07:00 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,937,816 times

Advertisements

Mueller Enlists the IRS for His Trump-Russia Investigation

Quote:
According to sources familiar with his investigation into alleged Russian election interference, his probe has enlisted the help of agents from the IRS’ Criminal Investigations unit.
Quote:
This unit—known as CI—is one of the federal government’s most tight-knit, specialized, and secretive investigative entities. Its 2,500 agents focus exclusively on financial crime, including tax evasion and money laundering.

Will be interesting to see what (if anything) comes out of this probe. Things seem to be heating up again.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:13 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,078,767 times
They've been at this for almost a year and still haven't found any hard evidence.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:15 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,397,491 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycaller23 View Post
They've been at this for almost a year and still haven't found any hard evidence.
And you know this HOW exactly?
The little voices in your head?

Ken

Old 08-31-2017, 07:21 PM

2,212 posts, read 1,078,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LordBalfor View Post
And you know this HOW exactly?
The little voices in your head?

Ken
Well don't you think they would have come out with findings if they had found evidence ?

October 2016 is when they (DHS and ODNI) made the statement that they were confident that Russia was meddling in the elections.

That is what I based my statement on. October is coming up and that will be the 1 year mark.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:24 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,730,258 times
Quote:
Well don't you think they would have come out with findings if they had found evidence ?
Short answer...NO, of course they would not come out with findings from the official FBI investigation going on now. They will drop it all at one time.

There have been plenty of bonafide "findings" such as meetings that Trump lied about with the Russian, etc. etc - but none of that really matters.

What matters is to specifically build a case - which is what Mueller and the Grand Jury and IRS and all these other people are doing.

If they all come out and say "Trump is a good and honest man and followed the letter and intent of the law in all these cases", so be it. That's why we have investigations.

You, apparently, know more.

BTW, since you count time so well, can you tell how for how long the GOP investigated the Clintons on "whitewater" and whether they found anything related to it?

Partial answer - started in 1992, finished in 1997-1999. Clintons never accused of any crime.

So, being fair and non-partisan, I'm sure you will agree that we should investigate this one - MUCH bigger than a single real estate deal - for...say, a decade or more? Are you with me? Why or why not?

Old 08-31-2017, 07:26 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,397,491 times
Quote:

October 2016 is when they (DHS and ODNI) made the statement that they were confident that Russia was meddling in the elections.

That is what I based my statement on. October is coming up and that will be the 1 year mark.
LOL
It's a possible criminal investigation and that investigation is ONGOING. We'll find out what Mueller found out when Mueller makes his report - and that could be a year away yet.
How long did the Watergate investigation take?
How long did Ken Starr investigation take?
Both took a lot longer than a YEAR - and this one will too.

Ken

Old 08-31-2017, 07:27 PM

10,553 posts, read 6,201,719 times
Quote:
You have NO IDEA whether they have found hard evidence or not. Unlike leaks from the White House there have been very, very few leaks coming out of the Mueller investigation.

Mueller apparently runs a very tight ship. Even MSNBC haven't been able to squeeze anything out of them.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:29 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,937,816 times
Quote:

This generally not how investigations are run. You don't, piecemeal, release little tidbits of information through the course of the investigation (to what end? So that people on Internet forums have "proof" that these things are real?).

You run a thorough and rigorous investigation, turn over as many stones as you can, and you build your case (trying to tie up all logical loose ends). Once you have that (i.e. you have exhausted all paths), you bring it forward (through formal charges and trials, or a formal report that shows no wrong doing).

I'm not saying that there is a "there there" - but I also have no idea if there isn't anything, either (and unless you're a part of the investigation, you probably don't know, either).

Like a rational person would be expected to do, I'll reserve judgement for when the investigation has concluded.

Old 08-31-2017, 07:36 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,730,258 times
I'd say it's going to take a long time - because I think Mueller finds more and more slime under each rock and then has to follow those trails. This thing is probably as big as some Mafia investigations at this point.

We know that Jared needs a couple billion to pay off some debts and tried to have the Chinese government buy in.

There is NO WAY that a LOT of people aren't going to jail for this. Now....I'm not saying that will be Trump, because a POTUS is probably somewhat exempt from being thrown in the tank. But think about it - 15+ people were indicted and convicted of various crimes in that penny-ante Clinton real estate investigation. But this one involves Generals, Russia, many MILLIONS in payments, known contacts in the Kremlin, etc.

I think at some point Mueller may just say "Heck, I could end up jailing 500+ people, but I'll stop at 200 because otherwise this thing will outlive me".

Old 08-31-2017, 07:37 PM

34,299 posts, read 15,725,777 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HockeyMac18 View Post
Mueller Enlists the IRS for His Trump-Russia Investigation

Will be interesting to see what (if anything) comes out of this probe. Things seem to be heating up again.
The man of integrity Mueller. His selective leaks are timed nicely. Outdoing Comey !!!

Using the agency weaponized by Obama.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies