Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Would you vote to forfeit 800,000 American job opportunities?
Sure, why not? We are generous. 46 34.07%
No! Are you crazy? 76 56.30%
I don't care. 13 9.63%
Voters: 135. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-14-2017, 08:00 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump said "at a later time". It will not be part of the DACA deal cut last night.
Given the fact that there's sniping between sides today, I don't believe there is any "deal." Time will tell... Tick tock, DACAs...

Old 09-14-2017, 08:16 AM

696 posts, read 905,845 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Not likely. We never stood for, nor will we ever stand for an illegal, unconstitutional "program."

The fact remains we have people in this country illegally. I don't care how long they've been here. They can get in line. Their cases need to be reviewed. Are they contributing or not? What skills do they offer?

We have been paying for their education, and providing other benefits, which is a violation of law (8 USC 1324 and 1611). No funding or benefits are to be given to non-citizens or those in the country illegally.
It does not matter if they are contributing or not, they all need to go back. Every American job should go to an American. Every DACA person competes with an American for housing, education and jobs.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:21 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,322,479 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponderosa View Post
Trump said "at a later time". It will not be part of the DACA deal cut last night.
There was no "deal" last night. Democrats lie.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:27 AM

13,778 posts, read 9,669,275 times
Posted by Donald J. Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
3:28 AM - 14 Sep 2017 (twitter)

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Just took two DACA sisters to the Social Security office yesterday and they were both issued Social Security Cards. They will be in the mailbox in 7-10 days.

Tell me again how these are illegal immigrants or is the US Government under D. Trump issuing Social Security numbers illegally?

Anti DACA foamers, Your leader Trump just threw your asses under the bus.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:54 AM
Status: "Moldy Tater Gangrene, even before Moscow Marge." (set 5 days ago)

5,790 posts, read 3,603,118 times
Default Trump Confirms Support for Law to Protect 'Dreamers'

...and apparently WITHOUT a wall besides. Looks like the, let's call it "Trump Wall" will last for 28 fewer years than the one in Berlin! Seems that bellowing to the stratosphere about actual substantive issues would have been a more productive use of hot air.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/09/14/u...smtyp=cur&_r=0

Quote:
Originally Posted by New York Times
September 14, 2017

WASHINGTON — President Trump said on Thursday morning that he supports legislation that would protect young undocumented immigrants from deportation and would deliver a “massive” increase in border security — but not with a wall on the southern border.

That appeared to confirm the broad parameters of an agreement that Democratic leaders announced had been reached Wednesday over dinner at the White House.
Could Trump be a mere tempest in a teapot after all? Let's hope so!

Oh, did I forget to mention the term "flip-flop"?

Old 09-14-2017, 08:57 AM

89,060 posts, read 44,877,895 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mohawkx View Post
Posted by Donald J. Trump

Does anybody really want to throw out good, educated and accomplished young people who have jobs, some serving in the military? Really!.....
3:28 AM - 14 Sep 2017 (twitter)

HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA! HA!

Just took two DACA sisters to the Social Security office yesterday and they were both issued Social Security Cards. They will be in the mailbox in 7-10 days.

Tell me again how these are illegal immigrants or is the US Government under D. Trump issuing Social Security numbers illegally?

Anti DACA foamers, Your leader Trump just threw your asses under the bus.
The joke's on you, and them...
Quote:
"DACA recipients are not eligible for federal aids and by getting a Social Security number, they may not become eligible to receive federal benefits."
DACA Recipients are Eligible for Social Security Cards, but not for Federal Benefits

And: 8 USC 1611

45,676 posts, read 24,035,206 times
And Trump also said the wall is being built NOW.

He qualifies that by saying repairs to existing barriers qualifies as working on the wall.

He wants to claim a win even if it is just repairs to existing structures.

Let him have it -- he needs it and it means nothing.

9,338 posts, read 7,115,378 times
As somebody that can't stand Donald Trump and feels most of his presidency has been a disaster thus far...

This is great news. Well done, Mr. Trump. For me, this is the best thing I've heard from Trump since taking office

Wasting tens of BILLIONS of dollars on building wall would have been a yuge waste of money. I'm glad Trump was able to accept defeat, swallow his pride, and unintentionally lie to his voters....by not further pursuing the wall.

Trump supporters expected a wall, and Trump is NOT going to give it to them. That's cool with me.

Old 09-14-2017, 08:59 AM

27,307 posts, read 16,237,091 times
Post deleted

Old 09-14-2017, 09:00 AM

7,150 posts, read 4,909,846 times
His base is not happy. But 80% of Americans are glad he finally caved on DACA.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies