Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-16-2008, 08:14 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by paperhouse View Post
In the end, US sovereignty is what's at stake. Will we make decisions based on what is good for us or good for the world?
Are those the only two possible choices? These concepts are mutually exclusive?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-16-2008, 08:15 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPrometheus View Post
We're like rats in a cage. They've got the satellites in the sky to watch us ... the scanners at the grocery stores ... it's all coming down to that "number of the beast" thing spoken of in Revelation.

I'm ready to fight!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I think the push for the RealID might fit the bill right now.
Our freedoms and rights are slowly erroding away in the name of War on Terror.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 AM

86,052 posts, read 84,481,831 times
Our constitution was put in place for us. Who are we to decide that other nations "need democracy and freedom" ? It's like we have an agenda and need to proactively make the first strike with "they might have WMDs over there pointed at us".

Old 03-16-2008, 08:18 AM

6,993 posts, read 17,365,632 times
Quote:
IMO, we're straying really far from the intentions of our Constitution. Ben Franklin once said that when men are able to vote themselves the treasury, the Republic will fail. Personally, I'm not so sure the CFR is a diabolical entity set out to destroy the US. I do think they want a more global society with the US as the leader. The days of US hegemony are nearing an end.

In the end, US sovereignty is what's at stake. Will we make decisions based on what is good for us or good for the world?
Ah, I see what you mean. I don't think America has made decisions that was good for US (the middle class and poor citizens) ever. American sovereignty means nothing in my opinion if sections of the society are being left behind or exploited in some way, fashion or form.

I think fundamentally, certain things must be done. For example, no reason a ex president should be getting 250,000 a year after he finishes office. I would also like to see what the average pay for elected officials in Washington happens to be. Also, the lobbiest crap needs to be banned or out lawed or something. These are superficial examples but the fundamental core of politics in America needs to change.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:19 AM

19,198 posts, read 31,476,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyTexan View Post
I think the push for the RealID might fit the bill right now. Our freedoms and rights are slowly erroding away in the name of War on Terror.
How do you think grocery store affiliation cards fit in with the War on Terror?

25,100 posts, read 39,261,360 times
Quote:
I could not agree more! Reps coming

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Have you researched the claims that poster made? If not, how can you claim it's a conspiracy theory? If you did, can you rebutt them for us here? Thanks.
You really expect me to research claims bases on conspiracy theories and paranoia?

Was 9/11 a conspiracy too?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
You really expect me to research claims bases on conspiracy theories and paranoia?

Was 9/11 a conspiracy too?
Knowledge is only gained through investigation of facts, so why not look into it? Not saying it is true or not (personally I don't really care), but you should investigate. America is not immune to conspiracy, I mean iran/contra, watergate etc. it does happen. I think its like that move the usual suspects. Remember when the guy says "the trick of the devil was making people think he isn't real". Well media and govt has made it so anyone who speaks out about conspiracies or wrong doings is some how a nut case or unpatriotic. They are dumbing out the American public via propaganda and we don't even realize it.

Old 03-16-2008, 08:33 AM

2,265 posts, read 3,732,937 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wild Style View Post
Knowledge is only gained through investigation of facts, so why not look into it? Not saying it is true or not (personally I don't really care), but you should investigate. America is not immune to conspiracy, I mean iran/contra, watergate etc. it does happen. I think its like that move the usual suspects. Remember when the guy says "the trick of the devil was making people think he isn't real". Well media and govt has made it so anyone who speaks out about conspiracies or wrong doings is some how a nut case or unpatriotic. They are dumbing out the American public via propaganda and we don't even realize it.
Facts? So far the only thing I've seen on this thread that support the conspiracy theories and paranoia are links to youtube. Have we sunk so low that we consider youtube facts?

Old 03-16-2008, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by paullySC View Post
Facts? So far the only thing I've seen on this thread that support the conspiracy theories and paranoia are links to youtube. Have we sunk so low that we consider youtube facts?
I guess you skipped over the part about you doing your own research then?

Again I don't necessarily believe in any of these things nor do I care. At the end of the day there is little to nothing any one on these boards can do about this stuff. (if it is true)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies