Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2023, 07:06 AM

73,102 posts, read 62,746,076 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by warhorse78 View Post
And this is what exactly happens. I've seen it first hand that the African Americans will be blocked out of the groups that are mostly made of the Caribbean Blacks or the African Blacks or vice versa.
Tribalism has never worked for me. I found that I thrive best in places where tribalism isn't a factor.

Old 04-15-2023, 07:10 AM

8,361 posts, read 2,982,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post
How can advocating for Houston be justified while advocating for Dallas is not?

That's what advocating is - speaking up for those who need it.
Whites need advocating for. Says me. Who decides what groups “need it”? You?

Old 04-15-2023, 07:13 AM

8,361 posts, read 2,982,622 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
I'm actually not an SJW. White is a color if we want to get technical, however, the question was geared more or less about blacks and the plight of other minority ethnic groups. I'm the kind of person when something is on my mind, I tend to ask about it or research it and I just thought that it would be an interesting discussion.
What plight are you referring to? Minorities in the U.S. get perks. Asians not so much.

Old 04-15-2023, 07:32 AM

30,514 posts, read 19,271,318 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pandorafan5687 View Post
After a couple of recent threads, one that made it really big before being locked, I wanted to created a similar thread to hear from black people and other POC.

Do you feel that it is selfish for blacks to only advocate for ourselves and not for other persons of color? Why or why not?
How do you as a person of color relate to the plight of other POC of another background?

I realize that every person of color does not have your best interest either, however sometimes I wonder if black people should advocate for them more than we do? On the other hand, you have other persons of color who make the same accusations of "self segregation" that many persons of Anglo-Saxon descent make.

As a black person, how do you feel about things such as Black History Month? How about Hispanic Heritage Month. Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month?

How do you feel about the accusation of "race-bating" and "playing the race card"?

NOTE: I will accept commentary from any race of people as long as it's of value.
Best value....all lives matter, not just blacks or people of a darker skin tone. To say otherwise is objectively racist.

Old 04-15-2023, 09:04 AM

8,794 posts, read 5,090,922 times
Most people, no matter what color, just want to be left alone, to live their lives....and are tired of this nonsense. It`s the trouble makers, that keep bringing up things like this.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:14 AM

63,035 posts, read 29,235,885 times
I don't see many Blacks joining the fight against illegal immigration. Could it be that most of them are minorities like themselves so therefore they don't care about it? Isn't that advocating for another race? One Black poster in here has already said that he doesn't think it effects his race (even though it does) so he's not interested in it. They continue to vote for the open border's Democrats to.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:26 AM

2,157 posts, read 1,448,741 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I don't see many Blacks joining the fight against illegal immigration. Could it be that most of them are minorities like themselves so therefore they don't care about it? Isn't that advocating for another race? One Black poster in here has already said that he doesn't think it effects his race (even though it does) so he's not interested in it. They continue to vote for the open border's Democrats to.
Many blacks probably don't believe angry old white guys telling them how they are being harmed by illegal immigration. They probably don't believe the old white guys care about them and are just disingenuously trying to forward their own agenda using them to carry water like a mule.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:34 AM

37,963 posts, read 17,908,356 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jebbush View Post
Tell me this, why do white people when it’s convenient for them, say they’re European, or Anglo, or Italian, etc. People of color aren’t allowed to say anything besides they’re black? Don’t act like you’re from India, you’re a person of color, you’re black. Don’t say you’re from Mexico, you’re a person of color, you’re black. If you’re a black person then don’t even acknowledge that you’re American without reminding everyone that you’re African, then American.
A lot of people feel more secure in a group. Sometimes it's a holiday or special occasion theme that brings it out.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:40 AM

16,572 posts, read 10,679,739 times
Quote:
It was called political correctness, now it’s called identity politics. But the only groups that are allowed to celebrate their “uniqueness” are whites when they want to call theirselves German, Anglo, Irish, etc. While whites want to see everyone else that aren’t white, as black. It makes whites mentally lazy and selfish.
Speak for yourself (if you're white). This white guy certainly does not see Asians or Hispanics or Native Americans as black.

Old 04-15-2023, 11:46 AM

63,035 posts, read 29,235,885 times
Quote:
It was called political correctness, now it’s called identity politics. But the only groups that are allowed to celebrate their “uniqueness” are whites when they want to call theirselves German, Anglo, Irish, etc. While whites want to see everyone else that aren’t white, as black. It makes whites mentally lazy and selfish.

WTH are you talking about? Ever heard of Hispanic or Black history month? Whites don't get a whole month dedicated to them!

Huh, whom are these whites that you are referring to that see Hispanics, Asians, etc. as being Black. WTH are you smoking?

As for your last comment that was uncalled for and is racial stereotyping.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies