Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-07-2017, 10:51 AM

67,650 posts, read 60,853,687 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by FinsterRufus View Post
A more fitting perspective would be to compare other billionaire's charitable records. None of the people you repeatedly reference are worth anywhere near what Trump says he's worth.
There's not a poor man or woman among them. Thanks for the suggestion - you can do that research if you like though. I'll just stick with comparing rich politicians with each other.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-07-2017, 10:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegabern View Post
Better than nothing.

I'd like to see the profits he's receiving from being the President sent to charities, i.e. Trump International Hotel D.C, Mar-A-Lago, etc. Related to Harvey or not.
Trump has donated his entire salary as President so far, but he's given it to national parks, and education - both worthy causes but both government entities.
Trump-O-Meter: Take no salary | PolitiFact

Old 09-07-2017, 10:57 AM

2,096 posts, read 3,807,922 times
Quote:
Oh get over yourself.

The guy is worth 10 BILLION dollars and you want me to grovel and rejoice because he gives 25,000 to the Humane Society? Like that cost him anything at all to do? I would have been more impressed had he adopted a dog. Of course that might have actually required him to do something beyond telling someone else to write a check.

The guy is such a scrooge he didn't even know what charities to donate to, he had to ask the press.

Take a look at the philanthropic works of other billionaires and then try and lecture me on how my hatred of Trump is unfounded and mean. Lol.
Such a bitter post filled with anger and hate. There's so much more to life than taking your anger out everyday on a message board. I wasn't happy when Obama won but I never let it get in the way of my everyday life. The worlds not going to end and life will go on but you're letting all this hate consume you when there's nothing you can do about it. Just sit back and watch Trump MAGA!!

Old 09-07-2017, 10:58 AM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by KathrynAragon View Post
There's not a poor man or woman among them. Thanks for the suggestion - you can do that research if you like though. I'll just stick with comparing rich politicians with each other.
You might as well. You've done it in several posts so far, why stop now?

It's pretty easy to gain favor with some, just flatter the state they've chosen to identify with and there you go, you've got someone who'll defend you ad infinitum.

Perhaps politics is not so hard after all.

Old 09-07-2017, 10:59 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times
Quote:
Trump has donated his entire salary as President so far, but he's given it to national parks, and education - both worthy causes but both government entities.
Trump-O-Meter: Take no salary | PolitiFact
Perhaps you misunderstood. I did not say salary, I said profits.

And to pretend he's some sort of Robin Hood for donating his Presidential salary after proposing cutting exponentially more in funding is laughable.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:00 AM

13,418 posts, read 9,941,794 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gixxer1K View Post
Such a bitter post filled with anger and hate. There's so much more to life than taking your anger out everyday on a message board. I wasn't happy when Obama won but I never let it get in the way of my everyday life. The worlds not going to end and life will go on but you're letting all this hate consume you when there's nothing you can do about it. Just sit back and watch Trump MAGA!!
Is there? More to life? Really? You don't say?

Thanks! Wow, you sure helped me dodge a bullet there.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:01 AM

Quote:
You might as well. You've done it in several posts so far, why stop now?

It's pretty easy to gain favor with some, just flatter the state they've chosen to identify with and there you go, you've got someone who'll defend you ad infinitum.

Perhaps politics is not so hard after all.
I'm no fan of Trump. I'm an equal opportunity politician hater. I just like things to be fair and consistent.

It's a tough job but someone's gotta do it.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:04 AM

Quote:
Perhaps you misunderstood. I did not say salary, I said profits.

And to pretend he's some sort of Robin Hood for donating his Presidential salary after proposing cutting exponentially more in funding is laughable.
How on earth would you, or even Trump for that matter - or his CPAs - actually figure out what sort of "profits he makes from being President?" Is that sort of like the profits that most other politicians make after being a politician for awhile? Because I believe that most politicians seem to profit quite a bit from their time in office.

Who's pretending like he's Robin Hood by the way? I don't even like the guy. I just think he's a hoot. He's certainly not what most people think he is - on any side of the equation. He's random and pretty uncontrollable. I think it's sort of funny - in an awful sort of way.

Old 09-07-2017, 11:06 AM

51,651 posts, read 25,790,245 times
Quote:

Trump's salary is a drop in the bucket compared to what he's charging the Secret Service for rooms, golf carts, elevator use, ...

Old 09-07-2017, 11:07 AM

4,865 posts, read 4,174,626 times
Quote:
How on earth would you, or even Trump for that matter - or his CPAs - actually figure out what sort of "profits he makes from being President?" Is that sort of like the profits that most other politicians make after being a politician for awhile? Because I believe that most politicians seem to profit quite a bit from their time in office.

Who's pretending like he's Robin Hood by the way? I don't even like the guy. I just think he's a hoot. He's certainly not what most people think he is - on any side of the equation. He's random and pretty uncontrollable. I think it's sort of funny - in an awful sort of way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GotHereQuickAsICould View Post
Trump's salary is a drop in the bucket compared to what he's charging the Secret Service for rooms, golf carts, elevator use, ...
^Here's a good place to start.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies