Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-10-2017, 12:24 PM

31,290 posts, read 20,744,889 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indentured Servant View Post
On the other hand, republicans are willing to hold on to any science that may even hint at innate differences between the races explaining differentials in racial performance and outcomes.
That is a total lie. You should stop listening to Robert Byrd and his hooded cohorts.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:31 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,113,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokinouta View Post
It appears you are correct. I'll admit there is a disappearing of whiteness in sports.
We can add White AA to the NBA when teams start drafting legacy players bc their dad played or bc their mom went to school with the GM. Until that happens, sports will remain one of the few meritocracies that actually exists.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:35 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
Again.....you are looking for ways to discredit the science...because of POLITICS AND BELIEFS. That is fine. Skepticism is good. The science might be incorrect. I only ask that you do the same thing in regards to science that purportedly conclude that blacks are inferior....and stop running with such science as TRUTH.
If there is solid science that can show all groups are equal, I would accept it. And when I say solid science, I mean evidence based science. Right now the evidence is overwhelming that all groups are not equal. This should be expected for a number of reasons which are rooted in science.

Different populations of people have been subjected to unique environmental and cultural selection pressures which result in divergent evolution for the various groups. Human populations have interbred with different human species which has created populations who carry genes which are, in some cases, totally absent from other populations. Assortative mating guarantees that there will be population differences within any group and these differences would naturally vary from group to group.

The only way that we could say that all human groups are the same is to throw out all science and claim that human beings are magical creatures.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:38 PM

13,806 posts, read 9,709,682 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
If there is solid science that can show all groups are equal, I would accept it. And when I say solid science, I mean evidence based science. Right now the evidence is overwhelming that all groups are not equal. This should be expected for a number of reasons which are rooted in science.

Different populations of people have been subjected to unique environmental and cultural selection pressures which result in divergent evolution for the various groups. Human populations have interbred with different human species which has created populations who carry genes which are, in some cases, totally absent from other populations. Assortative mating guarantees that there will be population differences within any group and these differences would naturally vary from group to group.

The only way that we could say that all human groups are the same is to throw out all science and claim that human beings are magical creatures.
You will not accept any science that does not match what you can OBSERVE!!!

Old 09-10-2017, 12:40 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
This is a reasonable perspective.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:42 PM

9,511 posts, read 4,344,731 times
Quote:
AMERICA ELECTS TRUMP!

Lets be honest. Few people, and they would be of questionable intelligence, would interpret that headline to mean that ALL AMERICANS VOTED FOR TRUMP.

Yet, why would people interpret a claim made about CONSERVATIVES to be a claim made of ALL CONSERVATIVES?

A common tactic, when one cannot deny the truth of something, is to use the straw man and embellish the truth then attempt to discredit the argument by proving that the embellishment is not true.

The OP made a claim about conservatives. Without hesitation, people embellished the statement and turned it into a claim made of ALL CONSERVATIVES. Once the original was distorted, people then attempted to discredit the OP post by demonstrating or saying that the believe racism exist.

The same happens with whites. If you make a claim about whites, like the claim that America elected Trump, whites will take the claim and suggest that its a claim against ALL whites. Yet, they would never take the claim that America elected Trump to mean that every America voted for Trump.
Nice try, no cigar.

The original title (it was changed after the OP was called out on his/her BS) of this thread is: Why do white conservatives deny racism exists?

Let's substitute a few words, shall we?

Why do blacks (substitute for "white conservatives") like (substitute for "deny") watermelon (subsitute for "deny rascism exists"). Incredibly offensive, right? Yet precisely the same hate-mongering approach. You seem like an intelligent person. Try to apply your intelligence in an unbiased manner.

Old 09-10-2017, 12:44 PM

9,694 posts, read 7,394,892 times
why do people denied racism exist, because it doesnt, you just want it too, you just want an excuse.

we had a xmas party at work, one of the white employees is married to an AA woman, very nice lady. during the food selection, she got stuck close to end of line, just because she wasnt quick enough. she started hollering racism. Not a person in that place even thought that idea. she just wanted an excuse to be the princess of the day.

it really doesnt exist, its all in your head

Old 09-10-2017, 01:03 PM

3,304 posts, read 2,173,155 times
Quote:
You mean that I won't accept your fantasy science? You got me there.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:08 PM

3,366 posts, read 1,606,737 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Supachai View Post
You mean that I won't accept your fantasy science? You got me there.
I was curious if there was an angle there. It seems reasonable to not accept random postulations that go against things you have experienced first hand.

Old 09-10-2017, 01:31 PM

3,458 posts, read 1,455,803 times
Quote:
Yet.....the science community does believe that man is influencing it. You do not accept that science...BECAUSE OF YOUR POLITICS AND BELIEFS. Yet, mention any science about blacks being innately different and explaining differences in outcomes.....and you run with that science as a TRUTH. Thus, its not about SCIENCE or TRUTH....its about BELIEFS and POLITICS.
It's my opinion that this can be said about anyone though. I advise giving the benefit of the doubt. Science isn't a religion and changes like the wind, as it's supposed to do.

I think some follow science like a religion which I would accuse some on the left of doing. Putting the same emotional attachment on science one would a religion. I think the right also does this in the opposite manner placing a factual meaning to religion. So, it's an even playing field.

It's best not to get emotional on here, people take this platform, to be honest, and that is often offensive.

But we opened the door for this conversation and while I think it can hurt my feelings at times we should not become too emotionally wrapped up in it. There are good points being made on both sides but most important is I can see that there are hurt feelings all around. Not just hurt black feelings.

There is an unfair abuse going on to white Republicans as well. Admit it or not, I hear said insults and refusing to talk or hire on a monthly basis. "I wouldn't hire a Trump supporting white guy, I'd rather be jailed, etc." I'm not going to lie just to get in a forum battle. I hear this often.

I even get crap and I didn't vote for Trump, I just don't hate on him and soon enough oreo or UT flies out of someone's mouth. I've been unfriended over just "not" hating Trump. It happens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies