Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-08-2017, 02:03 PM

5,111 posts, read 2,053,602 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r small View Post
I too would be interested in seeing a source that shows that Soros is financing some of these radical leftist groups. I don't know a lot about Soros other than his history as a hedge fund manager and as the founder of the Open Society Foundation, a liberal advocacy group. Soros strikes me as more of a limousine liberal than a leftwing subversive.
I guess these ones from 2016 might be close, but no cigar.
https://www.rt.com/usa/355919-soros-...iles-released/
George Soros Hacked, Over 2,500 Internal Docs Released Online | Zero Hedge
https://www.riskbasedsecurity.com/20...-george-soros/
https://web.archive.org/web/20170102...s.dcleaks.com/
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-08-2017, 02:11 PM

13,212 posts, read 21,835,413 times
Wikipedia lists Soros as one of their many donors, as does SPLC, so it's clear that's true. What isn't clear is the constantly repeated claim that Soros is the PRIMARY benefactor, implying that these organizations are some kind of left-wing plot. I call BS on that. If the right is truly against the KKK and other white nationalist groups then they should be thrilled with the SLPC.

Old 09-08-2017, 06:59 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
They don't,
Which was my point with SPLC.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:01 PM
Status: "everybody getting reported now.." (set 25 days ago)

29,567 posts, read 16,552,753 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by No_Recess View Post
So it's just a group that calls other groups "hateful"?

Sounds like 2nd grade to me but whatever.
You are doing the same thing the other poster is doing, instead of actually putting forth an example that shows the SPLC is a political hack job, you just bumble over the argument that "the list has no criteria ", never mind the fact that neither of you seem to disagree with the list.

Last edited by dsjj251; 09-08-2017 at 07:09 PM..

Old 09-08-2017, 07:06 PM

13,586 posts, read 13,125,198 times
Beware? Why? Are they going to toilet paper my house, soap my car windows, or squish my jack-o' lantern on Halloween? I read what they say. Like all things internet, I have this big old salt lick that I take it with.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:12 PM

20,955 posts, read 8,682,105 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by petch751 View Post
Media outlets that have cited the SPLC in recent days have not intended to target mainstream political groups for violent attack.

The SPLC has recklessly labeled dozens of mainstream conservative organizations as “hate groups.” SPLC’s labeling of FRC as a “hate group” was connected in federal court to an act of domestic terrorism committed five years ago at FRC’s Washington headquarters by Floyd Corkins. Corkins confessed to the FBI that he used SPLC’s “hate map” to choose FRC as a target for violence. More recently, James Hodgkinson, the attempted political assassin of House Majority Whip, Rep. Steve Scalise and many other Republican members of the U.S. House and Senate, was discovered to have “liked” the SPLC on Facebook.

The SPLC is a discredited, left-wing, political activist organization that seeks to silence its political opponents with a â€hate group’ label of its own invention and application that is not only false and defamatory, but that also endangers the lives of those targeted with it.
This sounds exactly like the propaganda Nazis would have put out to "take care" of the orgs that were their enemies.

As far as I am concerned, you are spreading BS and Hate - I'll send more money to them.

Discredited? Sure, by you. But history (I doubt you know what that is) already knows they destroyed the KKK, integrated cities in the south and MUCH MORE.

Perhaps you can tell us of your Great Works.

As the number of murders by Right Wing groups clearly shows (74% of political murders are right wing - I think 6% are left and other are unclassified)....any sane person knows who is responsible for most of the violence.

Nice try tho. BTW, you better tell Apple as they just gave millions to the place. JP Morgan too. Apparently these companies Hate conservatives too?

Old 09-08-2017, 07:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdog View Post
Wikipedia lists Soros as one of their many donors, as does SPLC, so it's clear that's true. What isn't clear is the constantly repeated claim that Soros is the PRIMARY benefactor, implying that these organizations are some kind of left-wing plot. I call BS on that. If the right is truly against the KKK and other white nationalist groups then they should be thrilled with the SLPC.
The Right loves the KKK, Nazis and Militias. They also have trouble thinking for themselves.

So, what they do is take their Billionaire-Financed Hate Rags and get together and parrot some talking point - they currently see anti-Nazi groups as a BIG threat.

Then those minions all run around the interweb posting like this OP.

You'll have to excuse me from this thread since I am going to donate more...

Old 09-08-2017, 07:18 PM

26,680 posts, read 28,678,403 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Dark Enlightenment View Post
When you lead with Nazi comparisons, you've already lost the argument.
Okay, then. How about this: People shouldn't call Saddam Hussein and Bashar al-Assad hateful. They just had a different point of view about the direction of their countries.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:24 PM

73,029 posts, read 62,634,962 times
I've never had a reason to be afraid of SPLC. I'm not afraid of them. Can't think of a reason why I should be.

Old 09-08-2017, 07:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by green_mariner View Post
I've never had a reason to be afraid of SPLC. I'm not afraid of them. Can't think of a reason why I should be.
Maybe because they made it so black people can use swimming pools in municipal parks? That stuff wears off, you know...

I wonder how many people posting this BS have actually read the history of the SPLC. I'd say zero. They are getting their "news" from some rage or hate radio or Fox.

Here is some of their Evil accomplishments.....

The SPLC shut down some of the nation’s most violent white supremacist groups by winning crushing, multimillion-dollar jury verdicts on behalf of their victims. It dismantled vestiges of Jim Crow, reformed juvenile justice practices, shattered barriers to equality for women, children, the LGBT community and the disabled, protected low-wage immigrant workers from exploitation, and more.

In the 1980s, the SPLC began monitoring white supremacist activity amid a resurgence of the Klan and today its Intelligence Project is internationally known for tracking and exposing a wide variety of hate and extremist organizations throughout the United States.

In the early 1990s, the SPLC launched its pioneering Teaching Tolerance program to provide educators with free, anti-bias classroom resources such as classroom documentaries and lesson plans. Today, it reaches millions of schoolchildren with award-winning materials that teach them to respect others and help educators create inclusive, equitable school environments.
--------------------------------------------------------------------

These are among the bravest of the brave, having established their HQ in the eye of the Storm and having been bombed, shot at, lit on fire and threatened regularly.

The OP is just the next bigot, racist or hate group member in line doing the same. Guess who will win this game?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies