Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-15-2017, 05:16 AM

7,185 posts, read 3,701,333 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by InformedConsent View Post
Trump, just yesterday when asked by a reporter... "There'll be no amnesty."

I don't know where you're getting your info, but it's wrong. /shrug
Actually, it came from breitbart. Isn't that one of the few media outlets that you trust for the truth?

"The hashtag "AmnestyDon" was a top trending topic on Twitter in Washington, D.C., Wednesday following reports of President Trump's agreement to work with Democratic leaders to give amnesty to nearly 800,000 immigrants who came to the country illegally as children.

"Amnesty Don" is the headline of a Breitbart News story slamming the president for working with Democrats on the deal."

'Amnesty Don' goes viral after Breitbart slams reported Trump deal with Democrats | TheHill
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2017, 05:24 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kat in aiken View Post
Actually, it came from breitbart. Isn't that one of the few media outlets that you trust for the truth?
Not necessarily. Instead of believing any journalist's report, I'll get the info straight from the source.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:26 AM

45,676 posts, read 24,018,755 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Hoot! Oh, good grief people, have a sense of humor. The question was funny and, apparently, stung some of the snowflake crowd.

Libbies have a difficult time laughing, don't they? Cuz they always have to be fighting something. Listen to Pelosi, Sanders, Tom Perez, etc etc......they talk about fighting all the time. Their signage, their speech, it's: fight, fight, fight. What a humorless group. Sad!
Oh you are being silly....most of us are being silly.... We are all a little silly -- lol.

I was being humorous in my response to.

Y'all criticize libbies for laughing (Colbert, SNL, Bill Maher, The Daily Show, John Oliver) and for not laughing.

Seems some people aren't happy no matter what folks do.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:32 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
Not necessarily. Instead of believing any journalist's report, I'll get the info straight from the source.

Well, that's it then. Trump has never been known to lie..or change his position or say whatever his base wishes to hear. I find it hard to believe that anyone would doubt him for a moment.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:35 AM

Quote:

Along with saying no amnesty...he did say they would be given a 'path'. He's just doing the same thing that Obama did. He's not resolving the issue , he's dealing with it politically. He will allow them to stay, not give them status. That is not a solution, it's a band aid.

Why not give them amnesty and a path to citizenship if we are going to allow them to stay. For years the federal government has known that people are here illegally. They have said -- ok -- just check in with us every six months, you can't have legal status but you can stay.

That's not a solution. That's not controlling the borders.

Either give them citizenship or give them so many months to leave but don't say -- yeah you can stay but you are illegal but we won't arrest or charge you.

That makes no sense to me.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:54 AM

89,029 posts, read 44,840,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
Along with saying no amnesty...he did say they would be given a 'path'. He's just doing the same thing that Obama did. He's not resolving the issue , he's dealing with it politically. He will allow them to stay, not give them status. That is not a solution, it's a band aid.

Why not give them amnesty and a path to citizenship if we are going to allow them to stay.
They do have a path to citizenship: Return to their home country and apply to immigrate LEGALLY.

Old 09-15-2017, 05:58 AM

4,996 posts, read 2,445,794 times
Quote:
They do have a path to citizenship: Return to their home country and apply to immigrate LEGALLY.
The odds of that happening are exactly 0. Your leader has spoken..and amnesty..in some form..will happen.

Thank you President Trump.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 AM

8,447 posts, read 4,753,651 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travel Crazy View Post
Hoot! Oh, good grief people, have a sense of humor. The question was funny and, apparently, stung some of the snowflake crowd.

Libbies have a difficult time laughing, don't they? Cuz they always have to be fighting something. Listen to Pelosi, Sanders, Tom Perez, etc etc......they talk about fighting all the time. Their signage, their speech, it's: fight, fight, fight. What a humorless group. Sad!
The only humor the left has room for is the bitter, caustic kind of one directional humor that you find on late night "comedy" shows like SNL, Colbert and Bill Maher. Some of them even seem to get their news from those shows!

Old 09-15-2017, 06:01 AM

Quote:

Yes of course and the risk there is that they won't be let back in.

Trump has basically said that he is going to do the exact same thing that other Presidents have done...allow them to stay here, they still have their illegal status but they will be allowed to stay. They will live with the illegal status for the rest of their lives.

Whoever is allowed to stay here in the USA for anything longer than six months with illegal status should be given legal statuss. It doesn't do any good, it doesn't help the country at all to allow folks to have illegal status. It doesn't discourage anybody from coming here. It does nothing.

It's just the same old -- let's pretend we don't have an issue problem.

I get it -- Trump doesn't want to take a stance and grant these people citizenship or status (green cards are fine -- lots of people live here with green cards -- just give it to them). He's trying to pretend he cares about them -- these children (some are in their 30's - lol) but all he is doing is playing political games. Exactly what other administrations have done.

Old 09-15-2017, 06:08 AM

6,542 posts, read 4,095,978 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Marleinie View Post
LOL think some people took my topic out of context. I was making light out of how so many liberals view anyone liking or having any association with Trump (or as they like to call him, Drumpf) means you are a white supremacist.
No, we all understood your comment. We just thought it was a ****ty observation.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies