Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-20-2017, 01:01 PM

12,566 posts, read 10,625,539 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
I am sure he is ready to "back up his claims".

Perhaps you were not around at the time President Truman ordered the A bomb to be dropped on Japan.

It was a surprise attack, and because of it, it ended the threat by Japan, and WWII ended.

You really don't believe this country is going to announce to NK when we will deploy a bomb do you?

Bob.
We better get China's approval ahead of time.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-20-2017, 01:06 PM

52,430 posts, read 26,654,666 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmyy View Post
How silly.

Isn't it great to finally have a President to speak in front of the UN who is proud to be an American?

Totally unlike Obama who constantly apologized for being an American.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:13 PM
exm

3,722 posts, read 1,784,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WaldoKitty View Post
How silly.

Isn't it great to finally have a President to speak in front of the UN who is proud to be an American?

Totally unlike Obama who constantly apologized for being an American.
Exactly: "don't mess with us, or we'll destroy you".

Meanwhile, the liberals are upset and want more "diplomacy". Dialogue is fine, but I think it's time (and I think this will happen) that we start shooting those missiles down.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:50 PM

8,566 posts, read 10,989,435 times
Quote:
And just why would we need approval from China?

When Truman dropped the bomb on Japan, he didn't ask for approval from any other country?

How bout this...
"We don't like the country next door to you, and we need to ask you if it's ok that we end their existence"?

Are you ingesting some kind of hallucinating medicine that only liberals take?
Once again why do we need to ask china if it's ok to wipe NK off the planet?

Bob.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
Exactly: "don't mess with us, or we'll destroy you"....
Indeed.

What's wrong with that warning? Nothing.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALGUY View Post
And just why would we need approval from China?

When Truman dropped the bomb on Japan, he didn't ask for approval from any other country?

How bout this...
"We don't like the country next door to you, and we need to ask you if it's ok that we end their existence"?

Are you ingesting some kind of hallucinating medicine that only liberals take?
Once again why do we need to ask china if it's ok to wipe NK off the planet?

Bob.
I am not a liberal and liberals aren't the only ones taking drugs. You sound like a typical Trump voter. You have to somehow try to insult people in your discussions to get your point across whether right or wrong.

China is protecting North Korea because of interests. But of course you already know that.

We dropped a bomb during a world war which is completely different then wiping out a country that sits next to Russia and China. Do the math. Truman dropped the bomb to end a war, not start one.

"China doesn’t trust Kim Jong Un—but it trusts Trump even less." -New Yorker 9/19/2017

Old 09-20-2017, 02:06 PM
exm

Quote:
I am not a liberal and liberals aren't the only ones taking drugs. You sound like a typical Trump voter. You have to somehow try to insult people in your discussions to get your point across whether right or wrong.

China is protecting North Korea because of interests. But of course you already know that.

We dropped a bomb during a world war which is completely different then wiping out a country that sits next to Russia and China. Do the math. Truman dropped the bomb to end a war, not start one.

"China doesn’t trust Kim Jong Un—but it trusts Trump even less." -New Yorker 9/19/2017
We don't need China's (or anyone else approval). I do think China will receive a heads-up.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by exm View Post
We don't need China's (or anyone else approval). I do think China will receive a heads-up.
I disagree. If we just bomb them with a head's up I think that is setting us up for something much bigger. We should be pressuring China to take care of this mess. They know NK is nothing but trouble.

China would be a very formidable enemy in a war. What if we bombed NK and China decides to back them instead of us? Yes, I know China and the US depend on each other's economy but just out righting bombing NK wouldn't be good for either one of us.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:16 PM

Quote:

You probably need to brush up a bit on history and geography.
  • When the atomic bomb was dropped, the Japanese Empire did indeed border China for more than 1000 miles.
  • Japan & Russia have had a border for a long time. 193 miles. During WWII, the Japanese Empire had several borders with the Soviet Union.
And Truman stated specifically that he intended to use the atomic bomb to wipe out Japan if needed to win the war. So you are wrong on that. His exact quote. From August 6, 1945 after Hiroshima was destroyed.
We are now prepared to obliterate more rapidly and completely every productive enterprise the Japanese have above ground in any city. We shall destroy their docks, their factories, and their communications. Let there be no mistake; we shall completely destroy Japan's power to make war.
It was to spare the Japanese people from utter destruction that the ultimatum of July 26 was issued at Potsdam. Their leaders promptly rejected that ultimatum. If they do not now accept our terms they may expect a rain of ruin from the air, the like of which has never been seen on this earth. Behind this air attack will follow sea and land forces in such numbers and power as they have not yet seen and with the fighting skill of which they are already well aware.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:20 PM
exm

Quote:
I disagree. If we just bomb them with a head's up I think that is setting us up for something much bigger. We should be pressuring China to take care of this mess. They know NK is nothing but trouble.

China would be a very formidable enemy in a war. What if we bombed NK and China decides to back them instead of us? Yes, I know China and the US depend on each other's economy but just out righting bombing NK wouldn't be good for either one.
1. China is not taking care of NK. They think/hope that they can ride out this crisis. I assume they're okay with a nuclearized South Korea and Japan
2. China will never attack the USA or seek a war with us. To me, the following military options are available:

• Start shooting missiles out of the sky if they cross over Japanese or South Korean territories ('self defense')
  • Start shooting missiles out of the sky, period
  • Bomb NK nuclear facilities
  • Bomb NK nuclear and military facilities
  • Tactical strike to take out NK leadership
A ground-war will not happen, and that's the only time China would step in. I could see the war escalating from top to bottom in my list above.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies