Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-21-2017, 07:59 PM

1,074 posts, read 950,208 times

Advertisements

"We don't hate Christians".

"We don't hate the military".

"Crimes against white people don't exist".

"I don't hate the rich. I'm pro-equality".

Why do these people think they claim the moral high ground, that they are the true "peacemakers". Who gave them that role?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-21-2017, 08:07 PM

21,989 posts, read 15,722,939 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post

Why do these people think they claim the moral high ground, that they are the true "peacemakers". Who gave them that role?
I know plenty of liberals in the military. I know liberals who are Christians too. And I live in a city filled with white liberals. Trump only received 8% of the Seattle vote.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:10 PM

7,474 posts, read 7,037,280 times
Who gave them that role?

The right-wingers did.

The far-right abandoned any sense of sanity or reason when they decided to use their religion to justify their bigotry and hatred, and chose to turn their backs on science and reason to instead support crazy conspiracy theories and laughable strawmen of "the left," such as see in the OP's post.

It is hilarious and pathetic that a party that mindless stands along side Trump - a morally bankrupt slimebag who molests women and pays neither his taxes nor his employees - is now confused as why other people claim the moral high ground.

Quite frankly, if your opponents are modern right-wingers, claiming the moral high ground is laughably easy. Just show up in something other than a white sheet.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambler123 View Post
Who gave them that role?

The right-wingers did.

The far-right abandoned any sense of sanity or reason when they decided to use their religion to justify their bigotry and hatred, and chose to turn their backs on science and reason to instead support crazy conspiracy theories and laughable strawmen of "the left," such as see in the OP's post.

It is hilarious and pathetic that a party that mindless stands along side Trump - a morally bankrupt slimebag who molests women and pays neither his taxes nor his employees - is now confused as why other people claim the moral high ground.

Quite frankly, if your opponents are modern right-wingers, claiming the moral high ground is laughably easy. Just show up in something other than a white sheet.
And the ultimate laugh was when evangelicals went all in for Trump.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:11 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,116,202 times
Quote:

Bc historically we've almost always been right! If you look at public policy, everything that's expanded access to rights has been a liberal cause. Conservatives have always opposed expanding rights to anyone who didn't currently have them at the time. There's very few things that we look back on and say the liberal objective was the wrong choice. The Eugenics movement is probably the biggest thing you can look back on and say liberals were wrong about.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:13 PM

34,300 posts, read 15,664,869 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seacove View Post
I know plenty of liberals in the military. I know liberals who are Christians too. And I live in a city filled with white liberals. Trump only received 8% of the Seattle vote.
Sounds like Seattle did away with diversity. Its OK though, America's sewer had to back up somewhere.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phma View Post
Sounds like Seattle did away with diversity. Its OK though, America's sewer had to back up somewhere.
It's terrible here, by all means, avoid it.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:18 PM

11,122 posts, read 5,596,621 times
Quote:

They don't have to claim it. It's naturally accorded to them, because obviously, they occupy it. Those on the other side, who look at any situation for what it offers them, at the expense of everyone else, are naturally relegated to the lower moral stations.

Old 09-21-2017, 08:18 PM

26 posts, read 12,400 times
Maybe its just because they currently control popular media.

Old 09-21-2017, 10:09 PM

15,088 posts, read 13,456,732 times
It's ok, cons squarely occupy the "we're the REAL Americans" high ground.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies