Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-24-2017, 03:23 PM

716 posts, read 393,125 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by bingo3000 View Post
"We don't hate Christians".

"We don't hate the military".

"Crimes against white people don't exist".

"I don't hate the rich. I'm pro-equality".

Why do these people think they claim the moral high ground, that they are the true "peacemakers". Who gave them that role?
"Why do liberals ALWAYS claim the moral high ground?" - Maybe because conservatives ALWAYS take the low road and by their own actions they elevate everyone else?

I've been a liberal since I became interested in politics and have been posting on political forums since they invented the internet. Yet I've NEVER heard a liberal say or read a post from a liberal or a liberal organization, CLAIM, the moral high ground. If you have a link of anyone doing so just once (let alone ALWAYS ) please post a link, I'd be interested in reading it.

"We don't hate Christians" - Asking that business owners who serve the public not to discrimate on the basis sexual orientation does not involve hate.

"We don't hate the military". - Wanting to reduce our bloated military budget does not involve hate.

"Crimes against white people don't exist". - What are you implying here?!? That black on white crime is denied by anyone or that you're denying that white on white crime doesn't "exist"?!? If so, it would fall right in line with may conservatives belief that DWB doesn't "exist".

"I don't hate the rich. I'm pro-equality". - Working to require the rich to pay income taxes at the rate 'equal' of the rate (after using all their write-offs the rest of us don't have the income to take advantage of) the rest of us pay, does not involve hate.

So unless you're not clear about the definition of the words 'claim' or 'hate', I believe everyone except conservatives would say that you're misrepresenting the facts and it's just another lie so typical of the conservatives who post on this forum...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-24-2017, 03:23 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,705,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
Because many liberal people stand for equality of all people. The same can't be said about conservatives.
Wow, that looks good when it's typed, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it isn't true. Liberals don't support equality, they support equal outcomes. In the liberal world, minorities are considered as less capable of achievement. We've seen it over and over again:
  • Obama couldn't be criticized because of his race.
  • Hillary was supposed to be POTUS because she was a woman.
  • Rich white people are evil.

Every single liberal social argument is based on identity politics, and identity politics at its core is prejudiced toward one group or another. When liberals start pushing for true equality, as in equal opportunity for everyone, no matter what race, gender, nationality, or orientation they are your statement will be true. Until then, it's just more hypocrisy.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:29 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,966 times
Almost all social progress in this world is attributable to liberals. Almost all social regression is attributable to conservatives. Pretty easy to claim the high ground when you fight against slavery, Jim Crow, poor working conditions, poverty-level wages, LGBT discrimination, etc.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:33 PM

3,006 posts, read 2,627,966 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Wow, that looks good when it's typed, doesn't it? Unfortunately, it isn't true. Liberals don't support equality, they support equal outcomes. In the liberal world, minorities are considered as less capable of achievement. We've seen it over and over again:
  • Obama couldn't be criticized because of his race.
  • Hillary was supposed to be POTUS because she was a woman.
  • Rich white people are evil.

Every single liberal social argument is based on identity politics, and identity politics at its core is prejudiced toward one group or another. When liberals start pushing for true equality, as in equal opportunity for everyone, no matter what race, gender, nationality, or orientation they are your statement will be true. Until then, it's just more hypocrisy.
Don't even try to argue conservatives don't play the game of identity politics. Look at the evangelical Christian political movement started in the '80s and continued today. And the "aggrieved white worker" and alt-right that drove Trump to the White House are classic identity politics. Your side is in way into it, too.

Old 09-24-2017, 03:39 PM

11,143 posts, read 10,705,695 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pemgin View Post
Don't even try to argue conservatives don't play the game of identity politics. Look at the evangelical Christian political movement started in the '80s and continued today. And the "aggrieved white worker" and alt-right that drove Trump to the White House are classic identity politics. Your side is in way into it, too.
You are making the assumption that I'm a Republican or a conservative. Your assumption is misguided, as I am neither. I'm a libertarian who didn't vote for Trump or Hillary. At no point have I claimed that conservatives are better than liberals. In fact, in this very thread I have stated that neither side holds the moral high ground. I was merely pointing out to an obvious liberal that his claim of morality for liberals is grossly misplaced.

Old 09-24-2017, 04:15 PM

9,701 posts, read 5,110,249 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Loveshiscountry View Post
lol You made this all up. There is no such thing as expanding rights.
1. "Expanding access to rights"
2. So I guess you believe women had the right to vote in 1789... Interesting take on history.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRom View Post
Really? You apparently have little knowledge of history. You might want to read up on that again.

As for liberals having the moral high ground, they don't. Nor do conservatives. There is no moral high ground when your goal is to force others to agree with you. Liberals are just as hypocritical as conservatives, they have the same moral failings as conservatives, and they are no more or less "moral" than conservatives.
No, but feel free to let me know what you disagree with.

Quote:
Originally Posted by banjomike View Post
Not so. Conservatives did a lot of rights expansion. Nixon, in particular, created a lot of the stuff the conservatives now oppose the most, but he was just one of many.
You may be right. I can't think of any, so feel free to name some.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies