Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-22-2017, 11:57 AM

6,897 posts, read 4,755,122 times

Advertisements

To me, this says it all, your thoughts on this article.

Marc Thiessen: The real reason the left freaked out when Trump talked tough this week | Fox News
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2017, 04:05 PM

24,421 posts, read 23,080,421 times
I listened to Progressive Sirius this morning and they were defending Kim against Trump who they felt was more out of control. Stupid leftists.

Old 09-22-2017, 04:32 PM

22,923 posts, read 15,500,035 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Icy Tea View Post
I listened to Progressive Sirius this morning and they were defending Kim against Trump who they felt was more out of control. Stupid leftists.
Perhaps those stupid leftists have been paying attention while the U.S. busily starts wars but never finishes them? Nuclear exchanges aren't something the U.S. can just push helicopters off the decks to make room for more coming in to land loaded down with people it's abandoning until it runs out of helicopters..

Old 09-22-2017, 04:33 PM

10,920 posts, read 6,915,650 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghostrider275452 View Post
Talking tough only works if people take you seriously. No one takes Trump seriously. We're an embarrassment globally with him at the helm.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:15 PM

19,719 posts, read 16,854,718 times
Yeah, as if Donald Trump is tough ! That is all he is, TALK. He has zero impact on Kim, and every time he ups the stakes, Kim fires off another missile to show him how afraid he is.

If anything, we are "freaked out" because we have a childish, not smart, uneducated baboon trying to control another childish, not smart, uneducated baboon in NK. Two idiots with the ability to launch missiles does not make for a good mix.

We knew that some crisis would happen during Trump's tenure, well here we are, and we are seeing what we knew would happen............nothing. All talk, no action.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:25 PM

6,542 posts, read 4,097,684 times
From Fox News...

And to be clear, I'm not saying it's bad because it's Fox. I generally think Fox's journalism is garbage, but it's wrong to assume the information is bad because of the source alone. I give every article a chance.

No, the issue is that someone from outside "the left" is attempting to explain the reaction of "the left" as if they understand it better than anyone else. This is wrong, and misleading.

For what it's worth, I take issue with the fact that Trump's speech ranged from usual talking points with minimal meaning to mainstream GOP war talk (something he seemed to campaign against; Trump's an insider wearing the orange skin of an outsider).

Old 09-22-2017, 05:39 PM

6,927 posts, read 6,941,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by don1945 View Post
Yeah, as if Donald Trump is tough ! That is all he is, TALK. He has zero impact on Kim, and every time he ups the stakes, Kim fires off another missile to show him how afraid he is.

If anything, we are "freaked out" because we have a childish, not smart, uneducated baboon trying to control another childish, not smart, uneducated baboon in NK. Two idiots with the ability to launch missiles does not make for a good mix.

We knew that some crisis would happen during Trump's tenure, well here we are, and we are seeing what we knew would happen............nothing. All talk, no action.
Yep, it would appear that some people have an incredibly blase' attitude towards nuclear weapons. You kids ever hear of Hiroshima or radiation sickness or a nuclear winter? Ever read or see that old classic film/book "On the Beach"?

Yeah, I didn't think so.

We have an incredibly childish old man in charge of pushing the button for a nuclear nightmare. He rants away on Twitter late into the night, and keeps the White House in chaos as he constantly hires and fires his upper level advisors and staff. This individual is such a whacko that we shower him with praise if he manages to make it through a 10 minute speech without going off into some crazy rant. At last, he's being "presidential"!

Our allies are laughing at us and this erratic "president" who can't keep a firm policy in mind from one day to the next. They are going ahead and entering into their own agreements without us because the US "leadership" has become as fickle and unpredictable as that of some banana republic.

I've read posts here that cry for rejoicing if a city on the "Left Coast" is destroyed by N. Korea's nuclear weaponry. WTF????? Any reasonable person would be concerned about such a perfidious hand at the helm and with such an empty minded group of cult followers.

Why don't you people who cry for rejoicing if San Francisco is taken out do your patriotic duty and volunteer for your city, your neighborhood, your family and friends and YOU to become the victims in the next Hiroshima?

Anyone who is happy with the current situation is suffering from a severe cognition deficit. Please, go get help before you drink anymore kool aid.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:42 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,858,743 times
Quote:
what amazes me is that the left is agreeing with kim that trump is a deranged dotard, and yet kim is the one that wants to detonate a nuclear warhead in the pacific, so lefties, tell ma again who the deranged person is here?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BruSan View Post
Perhaps those stupid leftists have been paying attention while the U.S. busily starts wars but never finishes them? Nuclear exchanges aren't something the U.S. can just push helicopters off the decks to make room for more coming in to land loaded down with people it's abandoning until it runs out of helicopters..
yes two wars were started under bush, but it was obama that pulled us out of iraq leaving us to have to go back in and help the iraqis finish the job, instead of making a deal with the iraqi government to leave US troops there to finish the job.

and obama was doing the same thing in afghanistan as well. so you can blame bush for getting us into the wars, but you can blame obama for pulling out before the job was done.

Old 09-22-2017, 05:43 PM

26,211 posts, read 19,532,369 times
Quote:
Of course they were.

Old 09-22-2017, 11:45 PM

2,112 posts, read 1,142,490 times
Since when does babbling like an idiot = sounding tough?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies