Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-25-2017, 03:19 AM

6,083 posts, read 10,707,996 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Maybe they athletes should protest their paycheck rather than disrespect the national anthem...
Oh, cry me a river. You can stand for it all you want, but no one should have to if they feel like they shouldn't.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-25-2017, 03:26 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezter View Post
No one should be forced to stand for something that they feel goes against them. Conservatives are so triggered for no reason, as usual.
Conservatives will also hype "having values", then exhibit how they do not. 😏

Old 09-25-2017, 03:36 AM

31,074 posts, read 22,094,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AllenSJC View Post
And that is and was not a good thing. Pledges of allegiance are for despotic and undemocratic regimes like Mussolini's Italy, Hitler's Germany, Stalin's Soviet Union, Mao's China, North Korea...if you catch my drift.
Ah yes, we suffered so much by reciting the "pledge of allegiance", we became Nazis and Communist because of it

Old 09-25-2017, 03:54 AM

30,419 posts, read 20,315,673 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
According to your BOY, they should all lose their jobs for not standing, even knelling with their hand over their heart is unacceptable. Maybe we should ask trump what is his favorite part of he Constitution, think he will have a better answer then when he was asked about his favorite part of the Bible?
President Trump was right when he suggested those on the team who used the opportunity to disrespect our flag and our country would be fired if it was up to him. Nothing wrong with what he said.

So, what's your favorite part of the Constitution? Have you ever read it? What about the Bible ...ever read any of it?

You people have no understanding of patriotism and respect for God and Country. My ancestors are written about in history books (well, probably not the ones in use in public schools today, which don't teach our history anymore).

Most people today have no clue what the Constitution says. If they did, they would be fighting mad at our politicians, most of whom violate it, and Barack Obama who made an eight year career out of disparaging it and violating it (Obamacare, the "Iran deal," signing the Paris 'Climate Accord,' just to name three illegal acts).

Old 09-25-2017, 04:04 AM

6,611 posts, read 3,676,296 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casper in Dallas View Post
According to your BOY, they should all lose their jobs for not standing, even knelling with their hand over their heart is unacceptable. Maybe we should ask trump what is his favorite part of he Constitution, think he will have a better answer then when he was asked about his favorite part of the Bible?
😄 Yeah, he has only been acting, afterall. I have never seen such B S. 😏

Old 09-25-2017, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by James Bond 007 View Post
Incidentally I am a descendant of this person, so whoop-tee-doo on your James Otis Shmotis claim.

BTW, you might want to know that there are many people who have studied the same things you have even longer and more extensively who disagree with your conclusions.
You obviously don't know who James Otis "The Patriot" was. And, I can prove my ancestry. Can you prove yours?

As to your final comment ...what would "they" disagree with? How do you know what I've studied and how extensively? Even Barack Obama, supposedly a Harvard graduate (though nobody can remember him) doesn't understand the Constitution, though he claimed (falsely) to have taught it. He has said it is a "flawed document."

Last edited by nononsenseguy; 09-25-2017 at 04:21 AM..

Old 09-25-2017, 04:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
And despite all this, you don't get the obvious concerns of precedent when a President uses his office to weig in on what retaliation should occur against private citizens who expressed an opinion?
I don't agree that the President is using his office inappropriately. He's entitled to an opinion, and he is every bit as entitled as Barack Obama to express it (and Barack Obama did it frequently).

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambient View Post
Have you really done that much study as you claim? Because this should be an easy one, and it had nothing to do with your personal opinion of the protesters.
Two Constitution courses, Constitution 101 and 201, just for starters.

Federalist Papers, which is the "go to" source for understanding what the intent and reasoning of the Framers was on every Aricle, Section, and clause of the Constitution.

Many other sources, both audio and video; lectures by Constitutional attorneys whose goal it is to educate the public on our founding documents, the history of our Constitution, and it's actual meaning (not some "judges" opinion), as well as many books. I have made it my personal goal to educate myself, which is our first responsibility, in order to be a responsible citizen (It's also why we home schooled our daughters).

Old 09-25-2017, 04:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CBeisbol View Post

You play with computers all day, studied English history, are related to people who overthrew their legitimate government, and were in the Navy. So what?

I find you no more, or less, of an ignorant ass know-nothing who is unqualified to comment on current issues than anyone
Our Founders did not "overthrow" a legitimate government. That shows how much you know about history.

I don't "play" with computers. I spent much of my life as an electronic technician (in the days when we did troubleshooting to the component level) and I worked my way UP into Marketing and Sales. I was a "frequent flyer" before the airlines invented the term.

I am more qualified to comment than most anyone else on this forum, especially you.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:53 AM

51,654 posts, read 25,836,151 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post

I am more qualified to comment than most anyone else on this forum, especially you.
There you go, folks.

Nonsense Guy believes he's more qualified to comment than most anyone else on the forum.

Guess we should turn it over to him.

Old 09-25-2017, 04:57 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indigo Cardinal View Post
You do realize that these are not accomplishments that you have particularly achieved, correct?

Being somebody's descendant doesn't automatically pass on whatever qualifications they may have had to you.
Did I say that?

But I'm proud of my ancestry, and because of it, I have made it my personal goal to understand our history, and understand the roots of our Liberty, and the thinking of the Framers, whom were contemporaries of my ancestors.

Every American should understand our history, and especially the Constitution. Our problem today is that we have raised an entire generation of imbeciles, ignoramuses, and idiots, who will not stand up for our country, much less defend it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies