Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 02:16 PM

5,993 posts, read 3,732,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAMS14 View Post
The good news about this thread is that six months ago there would have been a solid 36% of unwavering support for this disgrace of a president. Today we're down to 27%. Seems there are people waking up, and/or perhaps just too embarrassed to profess support for him any longer. That's progress, I guess.

That 27% should be ashamed, but I suspect they, like their hero, are incapable of such an emotion.
Those remaining 27% are what psychologists refer to as "sociopaths". They won't change and they'll never stop supporting Trump or any other narcissistic leader. The funny thing is they are convinced that they are in the majority. I mean, I've never seen anything remotely like it. In a while, after reading this post probably, one will come in here with a link to Breitbart or some other questionable website saying Trump's got something like a 99% approval rating. Just watch. That's what makes this whole thing so ironic.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:17 PM

210 posts, read 97,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crossfire600 View Post
He should since she's a lying liberal that is bias and attacking politically when we should
Be focused on getting the millions in aide they have to people who need it. The next time she shoots her mouth off she should check her background.

San Juan Mayor to Liberal Media: We Are Getting No Help From Trump - As She Stands In Front of Pallets of Aid

If Trump had the power he should remove her from office. She's a twitter

Liberalism, the new mental illness for the 21st century.
Ah, the party of small government removing mayors because they hurt Trump's feelings.
What background exactly? Why don't you say what you mean, like you love Trump for doing, rather than beat around the bush?

Old 09-30-2017, 02:17 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,040,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
They can post the need for truck drivers when the people are in line for supplies. Word of mouth works, they are not finding truck drivers ? What about signing up with skills you have. There are ways.
Is the emergency broadcast system working?? As a Federal employee, I was told to report to the office in case of a disaster ASAP. And I did not have primary disaster responsibilities.

I have worked with several local governments on disasters that were incompetent. It is more than frustrating. I was asked to do things and accept personal liability as a Federal employee, because the local government employees did NOT want to do their jobs!!

Why should I put my family at risk and all my assets to help those that refuse to help themselves?

There are states and localities in this country that are wonderful to work with in a disaster. I will do anything for the residents of Montana.

Other localities where I have worked......I just refuse the assignment. Hey, I will do it once, but after that don't bother calling me if you not willing to work to help yourself.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:19 PM

38,643 posts, read 26,368,587 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amenalot View Post
He didn't lie, he overestimated the decency of the establishment.
They all campaigned on repealing and replacing Obamacare, so he thought even if they didn't like him that they'd at least honor the voters.

What the leftists circle jerk has consistently failed to recognize is that Trump winning against a field of seventeen pedigreed Republicans isn't about Trump being an exemplary Republican...he isn't.

What working Americans wanted in 2016 was none of the above, an outsider, and Trump was the perfect candidate to fill the need for an outsider.

Trump is doing what I would do if I were president.

He is exposing the lies of the elite in both parties.

He is marking those that place party loyalty and loyalty to the donor class above the voters.

Right now, all over the country, Republican primary hopefuls have what they need to make the case against the incumbents that oppose Trump's pro-worker, pro-America policies.

Now, when we go back to the polls in 2018, we can continue not voting for Democrats and select new Republicans in primary races to replace the ones who have proven themselves no more worthy of our votes than Democrats.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:19 PM

2,982 posts, read 1,165,356 times

Old 09-30-2017, 02:23 PM

23,814 posts, read 34,670,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ultor View Post
The Port of San Juan is a stones throw from a city of 390,000 people, where many of those truckers do live... it wouldn't take a rocket scientist to coordinate.
As has been reported repeatedly, San Juan had a bus system. The busses are no longer functional. Maybe you could go there & find the truck drivers & tell them. They can't be reached by phone & can't take a bus to the port. Apparently they aren't walking distance.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:30 PM

6,321 posts, read 7,040,053 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
As has been reported repeatedly, San Juan had a bus system. The busses are no longer functional. Maybe you could go there & find the truck drivers & tell them. They can't be reached by phone & can't take a bus to the port. Apparently they aren't walking distance.
Is the Emergency Broadcast System functioning??

Old 09-30-2017, 02:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Is the emergency broadcast system working?? As a Federal employee, I was told to report to the office in case of a disaster ASAP. And I did not have primary disaster responsibilities.

I have worked with several local governments on disasters that were incompetent. It is more than frustrating. I was asked to do things and accept personal liability as a Federal employee, because the local government employees did NOT want to do their jobs!!

Why should I put my family at risk and all my assets to help those that refuse to help themselves?

There are states and localities in this country that are wonderful to work with in a disaster. I will do anything for the residents of Montana.

Other localities where I have worked......I just refuse the assignment. Hey, I will do it once, but after that don't bother calling me if you not willing to work to help yourself.
What do you think about the emergency broadcast system working? There's no electricity. With no electricity do you think that they have radio or TV?

Go ahead. Answer your own question. If you understand what the emergency broadcast system is, I have great faith that you can answer that.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
Is the Emergency Broadcast System functioning??
What do you think?

I already addressed this in another post where you asked the same question.

Old 09-30-2017, 02:34 PM

7,982 posts, read 4,284,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ahzzie View Post
Those remaining 27% are what psychologists refer to as "sociopaths". They won't change and they'll never stop supporting Trump or any other narcissistic leader. The funny thing is they are convinced that they are in the majority. I mean, I've never seen anything remotely like it. In a while, after reading this post probably, one will come in here with a link to Breitbart or some other questionable website saying Trump's got something like a 99% approval rating. Just watch. That's what makes this whole thing so ironic.
Lol, right.

Buncha loons, Cult 45.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies