Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 01:03 PM

7,800 posts, read 4,402,596 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by nononsenseguy View Post
Threads like this, and posts like yours, are an online riot designed to incite. You're not helping anybody with this crap. Your purpose is to bash Trump, a President you despise for no good reason.

You don't give a damn for Puerto Rico. You're taking advantage of the situation to criticize Trump. ANTIFA member? Probably. Probably a member of Obama's OFA too.
Spare me your holier than thou comments. You live in alternate reality. I hope one day you come back to Earth.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:04 PM

52,431 posts, read 26,643,000 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
She clearly explained how many palettes of water, food, infant supplies were received and distributed.

Keep up.
LOL!
  • Are there 100s pallets of relief supplies behind her as she yammers on?
  • Are there people in PR in dire need of them?
  • Why is mayor yammering and not getting those supplies out?
I thought so.

Trump still winning.

#MAGA

(I do fell really bad for the people in PR who have a Mayor who decides that politics at this time is more important than those supplies.)

3,852 posts, read 2,229,309 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slats Grobnick View Post
YOUR PEOPLE?

Puerto Ricans are Americans, which means they are OUR people
Her people: Her local government that she is in charge of.

2,112 posts, read 1,142,118 times
Trump be like , why is this Mexican woman getting sassy with me, she doesn't know her place.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:06 PM

7,520 posts, read 2,811,117 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
CNN never filmed this mayor in front of the containers at the port. Misinformation.

The containers sitting there weren't aid. They were goods owned by a private company. Yes the drivers, transport trucks did not know they were there and ready for distribution. The grid was down -- no communication.

This isn't about CNN or MSNBC -- it just isn't.
And why was there not backup communication systems? That is a top priority for a local government to have at the ready. I know this because I was a part of the setup for our local disaster/incident command center location. You have a plan in place for these situations so you can begin immediately. And it's not like the hurricane hit them out of the blue.

Quote:
Trump be like , why is this Mexican woman getting sassy with me, she doesn't know her place.

Why is she standing in front of tons of supplies, provided by FEMA, and doing politics, instead of overseeing the distribution of those critical supplies?

3,006 posts, read 2,631,488 times
Trump can't shut the **** up and simply go about helping Americans facing catastrophe and, in some cases, death. Who cares what the mayor of San Juan said (which was completely justified, giving the dire circumstances)? Help your people, Mr. President. He looks so small when he does stuff like this.

Old 09-30-2017, 01:07 PM

8,502 posts, read 3,344,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
What a crock this thread is and the biased thread title. Notice the word attributed to Trump is "attacks" while the OP downplays what the San Juan Mayor does as being only "mean."

The truth is that the San Juan Mayor is the one that attacked Trump first. Trump is responding back at her attacks. Every bit of what Trump said is true. The democrat mayor failed her city and now they try to blame Trump, the easy scapegoat. Trump has every right to point this out.

You haters are such a joke. Everyone that's not a hater can see right through your chicanery.
Are you KIDDING me?

If the goal is to parse words, LOOK at Trump's. He didn't merely "respond" to the mayor. What he wrote goes directly AT the people of Puerto Rico.

Quote:
Such poor leadership ability by the Mayor of San Juan, and others in Puerto Rico, who are not able to get their workers to help. They.... ...want everything to be done for them when it should be a community effort. 10,000 Federal workers now on Island doing a fantastic job.
So the workers of Puerto Rico are lazy and want everything to be done for them. And, according to Trump, the Major cannot fix that presumably through brilliant leadership like his, leaving the work to Trump's fantastic Federal workers.

Well, it IS nice I suppose that for once the Feds get a break although no doubt it will soon be their turn when again it is expedient to call them lazy feeders at the public trough.

Give me a break.

33,571 posts, read 18,170,292 times
Quote:
YOUR PEOPLE?

Puerto Ricans are Americans, which means they are OUR people
They vote over and over not to become a state. They don't want to be a full fledged American.

Unbelievable.

San Juan Mayor to Liberal Media: We Are Getting No Help From Trump - As She Stands In Front of Pallets of Aid
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies