Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Were Trump's Tweets Attacking Puerto Rico Justified?
YES. San Juan Mayor Carmen Cruz's comments against Trump were exaggerated and she deserved a harsh reply. 105 36.71%
NO. Trump's tweets were heartless and mean, given that many PR residents have no water, food, gas, cell phone service, and no medical supplies. 181 63.29%
Voters: 286. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 09-30-2017, 11:50 AM

38,859 posts, read 25,554,711 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moneill View Post
I don't know what is worse -- Trump saying something so ridiculously stupid or his fans defending him.

I really don't know what is worse.
His followers are worse.

Without them, tRump fades into obscurity.

They have defective BS filters.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:51 AM

12,755 posts, read 9,652,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Taratova View Post
Get real they had supplies there before the storm. They do not have a plan to get the food to the people.
PR sent many of their supplies to the VI after Irma.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:53 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
The fact that outlying areas on an island prone to hurricanes do not have an alternative means of supplying electricity for at least a command center facility with communications is an indication of unpreparedness.

17,440 posts, read 28,613,721 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stockwiz View Post
Someone needs to cancel his twitter account on him. He could be remembered as a decent president if he just shut up and stopped trying to market himself all the time.
Someone needs to persuade him to switch from Twitter to Snapchat

2,112 posts, read 1,142,490 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MMS02760 View Post
I am surprised he didn't actually use the word "lazy". I guess he figured the implication alone was enough for his base to follow along.
So Trump feels that Mexicans are rapists and drug dealers, Puerto Ricans want everything done for them, Blacks are committing "White Genocide" , and White Supremacists are "good people"

Old 09-30-2017, 11:56 AM

10,535 posts, read 6,171,323 times
The people who answered yes to this question are either

A) Russian trolls
B) Heartless Americans who have never experienced any kind of adversity in their lifetimes
C) Stupid.

To save my own faith in humanity I am going to tell myself that all of them are Russian trolls. There is no way any American can be so heartless or stupid as to think Trumps tweets are okay.

Last edited by Cruithne; 09-30-2017 at 12:05 PM..

Old 09-30-2017, 11:57 AM

6,321 posts, read 7,052,709 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by southbound_295 View Post
What's that supposed to excuse? They are forcing the outlying mayors to get to San Juan & telling them that people in those outlying areas with no electricity need to apply online.

They should get into their own vehicles & go to the villages & take reports. They should load the cars with food, some water, & the filters that make water potable.
From the news footage I have seen the container ships are neatly lined up in the harbor, the semi's loaded with food and supplies are neatly lined up on shore. Those are the Federal disaster folks doing that. It looks like they have a decent logistics chief.

But in all the footage, I have yet to see ONE local or commonwealth employee anywhere. According to data I have seen the government workforce in Puerto Rico is 286,000 employees or 28.6% of the workforce.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING??

Interesting reading: https://nacla.org/article/government...ico-case-study

Old 09-30-2017, 11:57 AM

1,978 posts, read 1,553,904 times
[quote=antinimby;49677400]What a crock this thread is and the biased thread title. Notice the word attributed to Trump is "attacks" while the OP downplays what the San Juan Mayor does as being only "mean."

The truth is that the San Juan Mayor is the one that attacked Trump first. Trump is responding back at her attacks. Every bit of what Trump said is true. The democrat mayor failed her city and now they try to blame Trump, the easy scapegoat. Trump has every right to point this out.

You haters are such a joke. Everyone that's not a hater can see right through your chicanery.[/QUOTE

Totally agree with this post. The Puerto Rican people have been conditioned to be so completely dependent on government that they just don't do much to help themselves or seem to know even how to work together. What a swamp and this is going to be a huge waste of taxpayer money to rebuild this island full of these thankless, needy people. Most of them are antiamerican anyway, but I can see they want to suck everything they can get out of the mainland.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:58 AM

3,854 posts, read 2,230,113 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruithne View Post
The people who answered yes to this question are either

A) Russian trolls
B) Heartless Americans who have never experienced any kind of diversity in their lifetimes
C) Stupid.

To save my own faith in humanity I am going to tell myself that all of them are Russian trolls. There is no way any American can be so heartless or stupid as to think Trumps tweets are okay.
WHAT?!

"diversity"? What does diversity have to do with the price of tea in China?

Please make sense.

Old 09-30-2017, 11:59 AM

7,520 posts, read 2,812,050 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 509 View Post
From the news footage I have seen the container ships are neatly lined up in the harbor, the semi's loaded with food and supplies are neatly lined up on shore. Those are the Federal disaster folks doing that. It looks like they have a decent logistics chief.

But in all the footage, I have yet to see ONE local or commonwealth employee anywhere. According to data I have seen the government workforce in Puerto Rico is 286,000 employees or 28.6% of the workforce.

WHAT ARE THEY DOING??
Exactly!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies